Holly fan here....she shouldnt be on a main card again.

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's very clear watching Holly's recent fights, that she has no intention of trying to finish her fights anymore. Yesterday's showing was almost as bad as Colby's panic wrestling snoozefest, but in a way alot worse, because the Megan Anderson finish was there for the taking multiple times, but she had no interest in going after it.

Megan was as easy as an opponent as she'll ever get....good power, but 0 speed, 0 coordination and 0 footwork. Should have been a cakewalk for Holly. It's pretty sad when Carla Esparza puts on a far more exciting fight than the UFC's golden girl.

I'll always respect Holly for ridding us of Ronda Rousey, but she's not game anymore, content to slide by with decisions, and should not be on main cards anymore.

On the flip side, Carla Esparza really impressed with her quickness, striking accuracy, and determination. IMO she joins the ranks of the few WMMA fighters who are main card worthy.

Last edited:
I think she fought an excellent fight. You can't always fight the way you want to fight and she showed she can perfectly adapt. In fact, for me, good fighters are able to do that.

She derailed a hype-train and worked her game perfectly. Taking almost no damage except during the initial exchanges.

Holly gained stock there.

Why do sherdoggers always preface hating comments with 'I'm a fan but'....

No one believes that sht.

She didn't fight exactly how you wanted her to.

Hm.

I wonder when op will realize the world doesn't revolve around him.

My Buffalo Wild Wings loved her fight, for what it's worth.

Old woman Holly keeps derailing WMMA. For that we should be grateful.

The crowd seems to love her so i don't know man. She got so many cheers in the interview and it was well deserved. It's a rare thing to see.

She dominated a considerably larger opponent who was originally being promoted as Cyborg's next title challenger.

Perspectives on Anderson have completely flipped over night.

People will love her forever because of ko'ing Ronda but she really is incredibly boring to watch.

With the exception of pre-UFC cans and Ronda, Holly has never looked lethal. I thought it was a smart fight and an excellent strategic performance.

It's very clear watching Holly's recent fights, that she has no intention of trying to finish her fights anymore. Yesterday's showing was almost as bad as Colby's panic wrestling snoozefest, but in a way alot worse, because the Megan Anderson finish was there for the taking multiple times, if she was motivated to go for it.

Megan was as easy as an opponent as she'll ever get....good power, but 0 speed, 0 coordination and 0 footwork. Shoudl have been a cakewalk for Holly. It's pretty sad when Carla Esparza puts on a far more exciting fight than the UFC's golden girl.

I'll always respect Holly for ridding us of Ronda Rousey, but she's not game anymore, content to slide by with decisions, and should not be on main cards anymore.

That's how she seems to fight now...get the girl against the cage and hold her there for as long as possible..she tried that with cyborg as well...she tried her best to make that fight boring...at least she got megan down. but what's with this wrestling style now? I thought she was boring before, now she's reaching new levels of boredom.

Why do sherdoggers always preface hating comments with 'I'm a fan but'....

No one believes that sht.
The crowd seems to love her so i don't know man. She got so many cheers in the interview and it was well deserved. It's a rare thing to see.

She's a great person. The fact that she's fairly attractive doesn't hurt either. But fight-wise, her best days are behind her and she doesnt have the fire anymore.

She's a great person. The fact that she's fairly attractive doesn't hurt either. But fight-wise, her best days are behind her.

I agree. Her days are numbered and she's trying to extend her career by playing the Greg Jackson game. It's an odd deal because the UFC generally puts a younger fighter with a veteran on the main card in hopes they will lose to pass the torch to the younger prospect. The problem is WMMA is a complete shit show and Holly is still able to hang with every women in the UFC. I still think she deserves a spot on the main card more than a lot of other WMMA fighters tho.

It's very clear watching Holly's recent fights, that she has no intention of trying to finish her fights anymore. Yesterday's showing was almost as bad as Colby's panic wrestling snoozefest, but in a way alot worse, because the Megan Anderson finish was there for the taking multiple times, but she had no interest in going after it.

Megan was as easy as an opponent as she'll ever get....good power, but 0 speed, 0 coordination and 0 footwork. Should have been a cakewalk for Holly. It's pretty sad when Carla Esparza puts on a far more exciting fight than the UFC's golden girl.

On the flip side, Carla Esparza really impressed with her quickness, striking accuracy, and determination. IMO she joins the ranks of the few WMMA fighters who are main card worthy.

Nerdbash2018

He’s making WW great again

She's a great person. The fact that she's fairly attractive doesn't hurt either. But fight-wise, her best days are behind her and she doesnt have the fire anymore.

Fairly attractive???

images

OP a closet megan fan

was hoping Holly would plant her feet and trade with a bigger, harder hitting opponent.

It was a good fight and Holly showed well rounded skills

Back