Hollywood Reporter magazine promotes beta males

Alpha and beta doesn't exist in humans. That's dog psychology. We're a bit more complex than that.

Alpha and beta doesn't exist in humans. That's dog psychology. We're a bit more complex than that.

I always thought is was cool that when dogs first meet each other they have to figure out the pecking order, but once the order has been established they get along just fine.

1493932598920.png

LMFAO @ Nordic people taking credit for southern goat europeans.

<TheWire1>

Got some white-on-white violence up in this

giphy.gif

(Good call about the man-jaw thing. Even hot Northern European girls have that)

Also, for anyone curious, you may want to research the latest findings on wolf packs. The guy who came up with the alpha wolf theory has now said he thinks he was wrong after observing more. I know this thread is about humans, but it's still interesting.

Heh, it was my try to be tongue-in-cheek but I actually wished they focused a bit more on manual labor. Not working the fields for survival but I wish my dad taught me a bit more about car mechanics or carpentry, I learned that stuff a bit later and it's pretty cool fixing your own stuff even if I could pay somebody else.

And the part about being strong is pretty true, I know a few guys in their 60s that are much smaller than me(I'm not very tall but the average height here was something like 5'5") and don't have the stamina of youth and probably couldn't lift that much but they have some crazy grip strength.
Interestingly, some of these manual jobs still pay pretty well, skilled wood workers and mechanics make sometimes as much as an average engineer(a good engineer makes more of course) around here. But then, these trades are also hardly manual only.
My dad passed on all the handyman skills to the eldest son and not me. The only handyman skills I developed were when he would ask me "hand me this" or "hand me that".

My dad passed on all the handyman skills to the eldest son and not me. The only handyman skills I developed were when he would ask me "hand me this" or "hand me that".
Lol this reminds me of when I did a bit of construction work a while back. We would send new people to get left handed screwdrivers, board stretchers, and sky hooks. Some of them actually searched for 30 minutes or more lol.

Eh, I think it depends on the age. 16th century explorers thought most people they encountered were small effeminate savages. Most of these natives are like 5' in their native habitats and had clean smooth faces. Compared with the bigger bearded europeans.

Alpha males are present in some animal communities but not all of them and I really don't see them in human communities.
Chimps, for example, you have an alpha that reproduces with ALL the females in his band and leads the other males and fights younger males until he is too old and weak so he gets replaced by a new one.
That simply doesn't happen in human societies, traditional or modern. We're closer to Bonobos in that respect.
It's also linked to physicality in these books but human leaders are hardly always the strongest or brashest. I could kick Trump's ass but he is the leader of the free world, not me.
From my (limited) life experience, I also don't see that stereotype of the misc alpha male being even close to truth even when relating to sexual encounters only. There are lots of guys that are somewhat feminine that have an enormous amount of success with girls and outside of american movies I don't see girls that really like roided jerks that much.
The most popular guys I know are good looking, yes, tall and somewhat muscular, but not roided and are usually successful professionals, especially doctors and lawyers with high verbal intelligence that outwardly project a respectful demeanor even if they're scumbags. Think Patrick Bateman from the American Psycho.
Instead of dickheads like Dan Bilzerian, a try hard manlet.
Yeah, I meant in human societies specifically. Still, I feel that a lot of people who look at the animal kingdom as an inspiration for their alpha male worldview have a very limited and incorrect view of the animals they're trying to mimic. Best example imo is "Gorilla Mindset" written by Cernovich, a man who knows absolutely nothing about gorilla society.

Also, for anyone curious, you may want to research the latest findings on wolf packs. The guy who came up with the alpha wolf theory has now said he thinks he was wrong after observing more. I know this thread is about humans, but it's still interesting.
This has actually been the case for a very long time. His alpha wolf theory was created after observing wolves in captive conditions, whose behavior is completely different in the wild.

Yeah, I meant in human societies specifically. Still, I feel that a lot of people who look at the animal kingdom as an inspiration for their alpha male worldview have a very limited and incorrect view of the animals they're trying to mimic. Best example imo is "Gorilla Mindset" written by Cernovich, a man who knows absolutely nothing about gorilla society.
the amazon reviews of that ( i hesitate to call it a book) are hilarious

This has actually been the case for a very long time. His alpha wolf theory was created after observing wolves in captive conditions, whose behavior is completely different in the wild.
"I've an avid reader and I've never written a book review before. Yet, here I am, as I feel I owe this book something in return."
giphy.gif

ShallowGorgeousFlee-max-1mb.gif

what's weird, is until a few years ago I had never heard the terms 'alpha' or 'beta' outside of the context of animals/hunting, the Greek alphabet (frats), or the old grocery store chain Alpha Beta (which I think became Albertson's)

I still don't hear it IRL, only on the internet, but still it's constant and all the time. What a change

Ottoman decline had nothing to do with pederasty bruh. And I say this as someone who does not entirely disagree with what you're getting at here.

The male adult-boy relationships were merely a symptom of the larger disease that affected the system, at that time, and what ultimately led to its decline. I'm not saying that homosexual relations led to Ottoman decline, I'm saying that their way of conducting sexual relations between upper-class males, and boy slaves captured for their entertainment, was representative of how degenerated and fucked up the system truly was. Dependence on slavery, a rigid aristocracy with little upwards mobility whatsoever, and a general disregard for Islamic teachings except when convenient, all played a part into the stagnation of the Ottoman Empire. The Empire offered a hollow answer to ethnic nationalism, and eventually collapsed after failed attempts at centralization (as seems to be the fate of all such empires).

We can observe many of today's societal problems, too, in people's sexual relations. The state of confusion has become apparent in the younger generations.

Anyway, this is a conversation that is best left for a future date, as then we will have enough meaningful data about the "millenial" generations that are most affected by it.

Last edited:
what's weird, is until a few years ago I had never heard the terms 'alpha' or 'beta' outside of the context of animals/hunting, the Greek alphabet (frats), or the old grocery store chain Alpha Beta (which I think became Albertson's)

I still don't hear it IRL, only on the internet, but still it's constant and all the time. What a change
Call signs?

You are the one who brought in testosterone...I was simply pointing out that these so called high test men, were very impressed by the masculinity of the Americas/African natives.
Impressed? They thought they were savages!

Being serious now, the men that defeated them were most certainly masculine, extremely tough and I don't think they had higher or lower levels of testosterone. I'm talking about today, something is not right with our youth.

And it was a bad way to try and do that. Then when people criticize your method of delivering your opinion, you go off about how they shouldn't look at the picture but what you mean.

Don't post stupid pictures if you don't want to get called out on it.
ZgMoBPe.gif

It got the job done and made the point clear.

You hate it because you like the direction society is heading in. Look at your av, a weak, limp wrist pitiful man that talks in that whinny nu male tone.

0eNv_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Back