Holy hell, Andre The Giant would have insane KO power

Doubters?

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-18474-1395189390-12.gif

He was really "larger than life".
Gold anecdotes

Doesn't have to be piercing as far as I can make out. A big hand will spread the impact over a larger area while a smaller hand swung with the same force and speed would deliver a higher degree of impact to a smaller area - which would conceivably give more knockout power.

Now this is only theory, of course, but it is something to consider. There are probably a lot of other advantages to having big hands (grappeling, durability etc.).

Because a club or claw hammer deals more destructive damage than a sledgehammer. Because a 5 wood hits a golf ball further than a driver.
Because a rapier breaks chainmail better than a broadsword.

You get the point. Hopefully.

Not true, Carwin is wearing gloves and his fingers are swollen from fight, also hand is facing inwards.

They both wear 4XL gloves, the same as Hong Man Choi

heres better views

thumbnail_crop.php

lesnar_carwin_ufc116.jpg

that was when he was cutting height though.

Because a club or claw hammer deals more destructive damage than a sledgehammer. Because a 5 wood hits a golf ball further than a driver.
Because a rapier breaks chainmail better than a broadsword.

You get the point. Hopefully.

I get the point, but don't quite agree: a sledgehammer delivers more damage than a club because it is heavier and damage is mass x speed. But in this theoretical example we are talking about what would happen if a smaller hand delivered the same force as a larger one (the hand itself doesn't contribute that much to the mass, so basically two similar sized guys, one with smaller hands delivering the same punch) and the question is whether the smaller hand might actually be better for one-punch ko power than the big one because you get a higher level of impact to a smaller area.

I can tell you from my own family members who saw Andre literally smack around 5 local tuffs at once in a bar fight in N.Y who were harassing him in the early 80's with open hands wind mills arm swings, I heard they went flying every where....anyone that size hits plenty hard and on top of being a former wrestler/pro wreslter himself ,he was more than just a gigantic guy who did nothing, he was active and was used to constantly picking /throwing and using arm motions.

Those who think a 7'4 500 pounder will not hit hard ,need to rethink things over! His Slaps would feel like bowling ball coming down on your head,slow or not.

Andre was not 7'4. That's some crazy lie. He's standing beside Wilt Chamberlain there and Wilt is 7 foot. Andre is clearly shorter. It's one thing to add an inch or 2 but to add 5 inches is ridiculous. Big Show is taller than Andre ever was.

Look he got finished by just a regular body slam okay. It wasn't even like a finishing move. It wasn't the atomic leg drop, stunner, rock bottom, tombstone pile driver.. Nuthin with any real damage whatsoever. It was just the most basic body slam which is only like an E damage move, the lowest it gets, so that slam that insta finished him takes off about the same overall hp from his life bar as something weak like say a baby leg kick from Carlos condit for instance. So Andre has no back which means he probably has no chin either. Weak looking leg kicks and phony Rick flair chops can be as high as a C damage move...if dre got finished by a single e move, This can only mean that Andre the giant would literally get launched into the air knocked completely lights out from me just flicking my index finger. 1 plus 1 is 2.
Heck the Brooklyn brawler has kicked out of worse and yur saying this dre guy would've been good in the big leagues? Please

There are advantages to smaller hands too....cause more jaw breaks, tissue damage, etc....

Andre properly brought up from an early age, with training and modern medical techniques to help manage his condition (i'm assuming it's better now ?) would have been beast at any combat sports while in his late teens / early 20s.

Hell, considering Tim Sylvia's run in a fairly modern era I think Andre would do pretty good for surprisingly long after he starts to slow down ...

Wasn't Giant Silva from Pride was also huge . And We all saw how well he did

People need to search out early Andre the Giant matches to see his true physically agility and strength, before he filled out and slowed down and just turned into a giant both vertically as well as horizontally.

Here is an idea of the sort of matches I'm referring to. There are plenty out there, Google him and surprise yourself.

LINK

Back