Homophobic Republican State Rep.

If you don't care that he did this, that's fine, it's barely a story, but don't pretend that there wasn't some element of homophobia attached. It's very obvious.

He was likely making fun of the guy cuz he kept touching him. I dont see the problem

That explained the playful tone he had.

Uh no... its what a lot of people say when somebody gets too touchy. He also could have perceived the constant touches to be condescending like when talking to a child.

I dont think he looks awesome, butbit is what it is. Dont constsntly touch men and that wont come up like that

This thread
This video is hilarious. A Democratic State Rep was sitting next to a clearly homophobic or possibly gay himself Republican state rep and while speaking the Dem lightly put his hand on the Repub's arm. The Repub interrupted the Dem and went on a homophobic diatribe and it was hilarious and extremely uncomfortable as the rest of the members laughed out loud at the Republican rep.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...his-arm/?tid=sm_fb_pol&utm_term=.248ba222f34b

What is wrong with conservatives these days? Why is everything so awkward to them?

What is wrong with liberals making everything they don't like into a phobia and imputing perverse sexual motives or hatred to people on the right and generalizing to all of us because some random Republican doesn't like being touched? It's also annoying how easily you guys move goal posts around and change the scope any time you feel like it. When it serves your agenda its never okay to touch someone without their consent. But other times someone who doesn't like being touched is a fucking weirdo, and his weirdness is a feature of every conservative.

Yes it is. You tell a person they are making you uncomfortable and why.
You can tell they are making you uncomfortable without yelling you're a straight guy with a wife. It's weird.

And what an incredibly, Passive aggressive pansy stunt that was.

“derp derp derp, I’m married, I love my wife, I don’t like men…”

Yeah, that was a pretty embarrassing reaction for an adult to have. The guy barely touched his arm for about half a second and he went into a full blown, "Ew you're gay! I'm not gay!" routine that elementary school kids did in like 1994.

This thread

What is wrong with liberals making everything they don't like into a phobia and imputing perverse sexual motives or hatred to people on the right and generalizing to all of us because some random Republican doesn't like being touched? It's also annoying how easily you guys move goal posts around and change the scope any time you feel like it. When it serves your agenda its never okay to touch someone without their consent. But other times someone who doesn't like being touched is a fucking weirdo, and his weirdness is a feature of every conservative.
difference between getting touched on the arm for a split second and grabbing women's butts. sorry.

Yeah, that was a pretty embarrassing reaction for an adult to have. The guy barely touched his arm for about half a second and he went into a full blown, "Ew you're gay! I'm not gay!" routine that elementary school kids did in like 1994.
The republican doth protest too much.

I did. He asked the man to stop touching him because he was hetero sexual and it made him uncomfortable. Is that not the appropriate response when one feels uncomfortable with someone touching them?
Maybe if you're a closet case looking to overcompensate. Most normal would would simply ask not to be touched and avoid the overcompensation.

He was likely making fun of the guy cuz he kept touching him. I dont see the problem
You don't see the problem with playground level insults by a state representative?

<YeahOKJen>

Anyone who has done a stint in an "all-male dominated environment" surely understands that a person frequently touching you, is essentially a sign of belittlement and an attempt to assert dominance over the other (when done in the context of an argument). Something that needs to be cut down very quickly if you don't want to be the jack-ass of the group.

The Republican guy just had enough, unfortunately he is too witless to call out the behaviour for what it really is, and thus he ended up making an ass out of himself anyway.

pho·bi·a
ˈfōbēə/
noun
  1. an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
A simple definition would work just fine. Sounds like you have it as well

The entire world, independent of each other, found there were reasons to not promote men getting off doing each other up the butt. Even without the convrete knowledge concerning the spread of disease and other societal concerns. Not promoting sodomy was not considered a "phobia" for a very long time.

Me? I'm different. I had a gay guy rib my chest on a party bus, and I just went over and started making out with a fat chick to let him know where I stood. It wasn't a big deal to me, and I wasn't mad. But that's ME. Others could be very offended, and that isn't necessarily a phobia.

The entire world, independent of each other, found there were reasons to not promote men getting off doing each other up the butt. Even without the convrete knowledge concerning the spread of disease and other societal concerns. Not promoting sodomy was not considered a "phobia" for a very long time.

Me? I'm different. I had a gay guy rib my chest on a party bus, and I just went over and started making out with a fat chick to let him know where I stood. It wasn't a big deal to me, and I wasn't mad. But that's ME. Others could be very offended, and that isn't necessarily a phobia.

What are the other societal concerns? Christians may be upset? Phobia is clearly a fear of something and Republicans seem to be afraid of anything and anyone not exactly like them. Please explain how 2 men being together affects you or society as a whole?

What are the other societal concerns? Christians may be upset? Phobia is clearly a fear of something and Republicans seem to be afraid of anything and anyone not exactly like them. Please explain how 2 men being together affects you or society as a whole?

So, all those non-christian countries that came up with the same notions, including likely tribes of people in jungles, have only the societal concerns of offending Christians?

It's a repression of hedonism and using the ability to ejaculate like a meaningless drug.

So, all those non-christian countries that came up with the same notions, including likely tribes of people in jungles, have only the societal concerns of offending Christians?

It's a repression of hedonism and using the ability to ejaculate like a meaningless drug.

lol such nonsense. Ya lets take our 2017 morals from a tribe somewhere in the Amazon jungle. You guys need to face the facts that life and society are moving on whether you like it or not. It's not cool to be bigoted anymore, that ship has sailed and it's never coming back.

I'm still waiting for valid reasons that being gay decays society.

lol such nonsense. Ya lets take our 2017 morals from a tribe somewhere in the Amazon jungle. You guys need to face the facts that life and society are moving on whether you like it or not. It's not cool to be bigoted anymore, that ship has sailed and it's never coming back.

that ship will make round trips across whatever imaginary body of water it is that you perceive so long as some people are considered worse than others. A man CAN take issue with someone putting their hands all over them too. A man has every right to tell someone of a different sexual preference that he is uncomfortable with his contact.

Basically it seems like a lot of you are saying that the rules of society don't apply to straight white males and they are not allowed to take exception to inappropriate touching.

There's a lot of reasons. I'm not that into them, so I'm not arguing their validity.

And you debate poorly. I used the tribe example as a final nail that it wasn't christianity that invented the notion that it was hedonistic and decayed society. Then you pretended that the last point was the whole argument, and made a weird comment about it. Those societies that had the rules you don't like? They created the modern world. Those rules advanced us.

Oh geez it’s a random person of the GOP big deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back