Social Hondurans vs Haitians, the underlying causes of xenophobia.

Seriously wtf is wrong with these people

They are threatening people, claiming they are 30,000 strong and will massacre locals who oppose them.

Again threatening the locals.

One throwing gang signs, they have absolutely no respect for the country.

People don’t have a problem with “brown people”, people have a problem with these fellas.

Haitians were also nice in Brazil while Venezuelans are mostly a disgrace that go around pillaging. I do not think there was any incident with Haitians at all, while Venezuelans have already killed a few Brazilians, robbed a couple of stores and got expelled from at least one city by an angry mob.
They also got in conflict with native brazilians (indians) claiming they were the real natives and should get their lands. That kind of stuff.
The only point I can draw is that not all immigrants are the same and past stories of immigration are irrelevant. If haitians were good it doesn't mean anything about others. If Venezuelans are bad it doesn't mean anything about future newcomers.
Reasons might be related to the kind of people that is migrating. Venezuelans are the bottom of their society, while the Haitians were poor because everybody is poor there but were from moderately well educated segment of the population. Although from all my friends that served there they're a very violent and weird people, they eat mud and rape and child abuse are rampant.

They are threatening people, claiming they are 30,000 strong and will massacre locals who oppose them.

Why are latin americans so violent, we even put africans to shame. Do not say inequality, I want creative answers involving indigenous human sacrifices and genocidal conquistadores. The two most violent cultures of the time mixed.

Yes - that’s fine as long as you go to a port or gateway of entry to do that.
Isn't it proper US law that anywhere you can arrive and put foot on US soil and ask for refugee status then it must be then put through the process?

Isn't it proper US law that anywhere you can arrive and put foot on US soil and ask for refugee status then it must be then put through the process?
No. If you want to be considered a refugee you must ask for asylum when you approach the border. If you sneak in and hence don’t ask for asylum immediately then you are an undocumented illegal and therefore the US may prosecute you.

To put it bluntly, you have broken the law.

No. If you want to be considered a refugee you must ask for asylum when you approach the border. If you sneak in and hence don’t ask for asylum immediately then you are an undocumented illegal and therefore the US may prosecute you.

To put it bluntly, you have broken the law.
Are you sure?

A cuban on a make shift raft a decade ago washes up on some random US beach as they flee Cuba and they cannot apply or be considered a refugee when they make contact with Immigration?

Are you sure?

A cuban on a make shift raft a decade ago washes up on some random US beach as they flee Cuba and they cannot apply or be considered a refugee when they make contact with Immigration?
Cuba’s different. They have been for a long time.

Cuba’s different. They have been for a long time.
I don't think that is unique to Cubans. I think if it is Haitans or Dominicans washing on shore in a boat it is the same.

I think it applies to anyone from anywhere who can put foot on US soil.

I don't think that is unique to Cubans. I think if it is Haitans or Dominicans washing on shore in a boat it is the same.

I think it applies to anyone from anywhere who can put foot on US soil.
Cuba is different from Haiti. There is a unique law and history with regard to Cuban refugees. They have been treated favorably. The same does not apply to Haitans. That’s just the way it is.

My girlfriend is Haitian and said Haitians are the more even tempered peoples of the Caribbeans. Or maybe it was Hatian women are the more even tempered Caribbean women compared to the rest. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

Last edited:
Immigrant attacking mexicans and cops with rocks (mexican police has their hands tie down because of PR and human rights)

Wonder what wlll happen if they try to throw rocks the other side of the beach wall.

Are you sure?

Cold war, back then it was a statement to have reds defect to capitalism.

Are there a lot of Haitians in Mexico? There are a lot of them in DR. DR haitians relations arent great. It is a lot like USA and illegal immigrants.

Cuba is different from Haiti. There is a unique law and history with regard to Cuban refugees. They have been treated favorably. The same does not apply to Haitans. That’s just the way it is.
I haven't taken the time to look but you are saying I won't find examples of Haitians or others washing up on US shore and claiming Refugee status and not just been arrested as invaders and actually getting put in to the process?

I still think you are wrong on this but that is just based on what I seem to remember. And to be clear I know the US will try to intercept and turn around and prevent people from putting feet on US soil so that they cannot claim Refugee status. I am speaking out people who make it to US soil, put feet on it and claim refugee status.

There isn't any real reason for xenophobia. It's an irrational fear of "others". As noted, once the people themselves are experienced the irrational fear can be replaced by actual experience with actual people. Some of whom you like and some of whom you don't like.

Tha Haitians were perceived as a potential problem when people didn't know them and they didn't know the Mexicans. 2 years of experience changed the perception. The Hondurans are seen as a problem right now but after 2 years of experience...that might change.

I haven't taken the time to look but you are saying I won't find examples of Haitians or others washing up on US shore and claiming Refugee status and not just been arrested as invaders and actually getting put in to the process?

I still think you are wrong on this but that is just based on what I seem to remember. And to be clear I know the US will try to intercept and turn around and prevent people from putting feet on US soil so that they cannot claim Refugee status. I am speaking out people who make it to US soil, put feet on it and claim refugee status.
I’m talking about the law. In practice people are not arrested every time they jump the border or wash ashore. This is normal for a country the size and the appeal of the US.

Tha Haitians were perceived as a potential problem when people didn't know them and they didn't know the Mexicans. 2 years of experience changed the perception. The Hondurans are seen as a problem right now but after 2 years of experience...that might change.

The Haitians were seen as a potential burden, not a problem.

They never threatened anyone, unlike the gang above, i mean saying that you are going to kill them all and claiming you are 30,000 strong doesnt seems very peaceful, or wise, the idiots think they are still on Honduras.

Are there a lot of Haitians in Mexico? There are a lot of them in DR. DR haitians relations arent great. It is a lot like USA and illegal immigrants.

Are Haitians in DR hard working?

Back