Honest Question. Why was Khabib ranked above Tony for so long?

SJW factors. Khabib has a more exotic name and story and so mysterious.

The same clowns who would claim Claudia is a 5/10 on the same scale as Joanna is a 8/10.

Maybe the UFC knows that when casuals see "24-0" they go HOLY FUCK!!!!

I know I used to before coming to my senses

A lot of people think those are all UFC fights.
24-0 is really rare for anyone who's fought more than 10 times in the UFC so it looks amazing unlike boxing. But ya all marketing. Glover was like 20 -0 or something with 15 dudes no one heard of

24-0 is really rare for anyone who's fought more than 10 times in the UFC so it looks amazing unlike boxing. But ya all marketing. Glover was like 20 -0 or something with 15 dudes no one heard of

yepyep... when I was still a noob records meant a lot more to me just based on the number alone. But you soon realize the number is not nearly important as the names.

Even at the bar one time I heard some dude exclaiming "Wow!! 12-0 holy shit that guys so good thats the best ever!" when watching the Shane Carwin-Lesnar bout. I assume he thought that all 12 fights were in the UFC, as many casuals probably do for all fighters and their records.

You got to look at guys like..

Renan Barao. Lost his mma debut then went on a 32 fight win streak 7 of those in the UFC. Dana White called him the P4P #1 in the world.

Miguel Torres, 37-1 before suffering his fight loss in Zuffa.

And there was this other dudes that went to Bellator I think but got cut if I recall? Anyways was like a very young brazilian started mma at 16 and by the time he was 19 his record was like 38-0 or something crazy like that. Junior de silva type name of something.. somebody help me outhere.

When he beat RDA, Tonys best win was Kikuno/Edwards. I'd say Tony didnt really deserve his spot over Khabib until he beat RDA in the 5 rounder. Yes he had a great string of wins but Khabib is 24-0 which sells itself. Tony got the title fight with Lee so he is ranked above Khabib for now but I still find Khabib to be the better fighter of the two.

The past little while every time I checked the LW rankings I found Khabib above Tony

They both have wins over RDA, the former champ, both fought Michael Johnson but although Tony lost the fight, this was way back in 2012 he now has amassed a stellar 10 fight win streak in the LW division against very tough guys. Granted some are no names but he still has better wins than Khabib...

They also have a few common opponents which tony beat in more dominant fashion.., finishing rather than taking to a UD

So, not hating on Khabib or riding Tony's nuts, not a fan of either really but know how good they are, just the question remainds

Why was Khabib ranked above Tony?

Like I said I'm not trying to make a point or anything I just really would like to hear a thought out and logical response from somebody that can explain it well enough.
Isn't Khabib like 24-0?

Also has quality wins over RDA & MJ.

Khabib did not ate a highkick from an unranked newcomer and went almost out.

To be fair... besides Thibau, Khabib never had a close fight in his career. He beat the crap out of everybody they put in front of him.
Tony always delivers but he puts himself in trouble in almost everyfight.

Back