Honor killing: 2 teens killed by tribal council . Method was electrocution

I often argue that many developing countries that struggle to democratize, especially in the Muslim world, should decentralize and concentrate power at local levels. Local democracy in these places might(keyword, might) work since local populations are more homogeneous and organized and will have less of the sectarian/ethnic competition for the reins of government. And in many cases local figures like tribal chiefs already wield de facto power anyway.

But the down side of that argument is it would empower backwater tribal cunts like this council. I still think that's a lesser evil over dictators commanding large centralized armies and who can build durable international support coalitions like Bashar Assad or Sisi. But its still a huge problem for local democracy in the developing world.

Social trust is the only wealth any nation has, to lose it by forced centralization is a tragedy.

I despise that name, there is no honor in killing your own kin because they looked at a boy or shook hands with a man.

A better name would be savages doing savage thing

They are called New Swedes thank you very much.

First, using word like mohamedian makes you sound pathetic or ancient.
Also theres an jokes about arabs that goes: an arab man and woman have been married for 15 years, the woman one day tells her husband " I feel you dont love me anymore, when we were first married you would carry me up the stairs to our bedroom every night.
Husband says "Habibi 15 years ago was a different story, you were only 10 years old"
To be honest I only use that term because I know it triggers both jihadists and their apologists.

That joke highlights the worst parts of Arab culture. Not something we need to import imo.

Point of this thread?
We're all against honor killings here in the WR, so what makes this thread more substantial then the typical"Muslims are bad" circle jerk?

I often argue that many developing countries that struggle to democratize, especially in the Muslim world, should decentralize and concentrate power at local levels. Local democracy in these places might(keyword, might) work since local populations are more homogeneous and organized and will have less of the sectarian/ethnic competition for the reins of government. And in many cases local figures like tribal chiefs already wield de facto power anyway.

But the down side of that argument is it would empower backwater tribal cunts like this council. I still think that's a lesser evil over dictators commanding large centralized armies and who can build durable international support coalitions like Bashar Assad or Sisi. But its still a huge problem for local democracy in the developing world.

I don't disagree with anything you say here per se but I find it to be wishful thinking given that all these tribes are governed by an ideology intrinsically grounded in conquest and centralization

To be honest I only use that term because I know it triggers both jihadists and their apologists.

That joke highlights the worst parts of Arab culture. Not something we need to import imo.

Thats like using the word colored cuz it triggers black people and people's whose cultural sensibilities evolved beyond the 1960s.

And every culture has its bad side. We simply try to take the best we can while staying true that what really makes us American (and no, burgers, monster trucks, and speaking only english isn it).

Its an honor culture so family honor matters a lot. Probably hurts marriage prospects and in these poor tribal areas marriages are used to maintain wealth within families and to transfer them between families. I figure its probably something like that.
I would get this if places where "honor" was highly prized like feudal Japan did this, but they didn't. Admittedly, people committed suicide a ton there (and still do) for supposedly dishonoring the family but they don't get stoned to death and shit.

Its an honor culture so family honor matters a lot. Probably hurts marriage prospects and in these poor tribal areas marriages are used to maintain wealth within families and to transfer them between families. I figure its probably something like that.
I've seen article about honor killings in Dagestan, I think. So it said that such killings shows to other people that your family have money (to give bribes to police/judges) or have connections in police/authority which will help you avoid prison. And it also shows that your family knows what a honor is (it's like, in your family you prefer honor over life).
And also seems like avoiding honor killings will give your family a problems - like, if your daughter is a slut (and you didn't kill her) then maybe it's your fault. And maybe her sisters is a sluts too so other people will avoid marriages with members of your family.

I also remembered that in some cases relatives who had sex (or raped) their female relatives murders them and calls that honor killing. That's what articles about honor killings says.

Assad will not be insulted you Wahhabi apologist

RedBull, STAT (to increase developing pace of Pakistan). It's like watching a boulder progress across exposed bedrock. Perhaps, as Newton would postulate, the inertia of Pakistan needs acting upon by an external force to increase the velocity of its progress.

I don't disagree with anything you say here per se but I find it to be wishful thinking given that all these tribes are governed by an ideology intrinsically grounded in conquest and centralization
Huh?

RedBull, STAT (to increase developing pace of Pakistan). It's like watching a boulder progress across exposed bedrock. Perhaps, as Newton would postulate, the inertia of Pakistan needs acting upon by an external force to increase the velocity of its progress.
Have you ever considered that energy drinks will just speed up the pace of honor killings?

I would get this if places where "honor" was highly prized like feudal Japan did this, but they didn't. Admittedly, people committed suicide a ton there (and still do) for supposedly dishonoring the family but they don't get stoned to death and shit.
Not all honor cultures are exactly the same.

Not all honor cultures are exactly the same.
I realize this but it sticks out to me that the barbaric nature of "honor killings" and shit seems reserved to a select groups in the world but just about everywhere else that "honor" is put on a pedestal shit happens but it isn't barbaric in nature.

2 teenagers (15 year old girl and 17 year old boy) from a Pashtun tribe , living in Karachi Pakistan, were killed on the orders of a tribal council. The teens had eloped , which was seen as bringing dishonor to the family and tribe . The council demanded their execution. Both were electrocuted.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/12/teen-couple-electrocuted-in-pakistan-honor-killing.html

" Pakistan is regarded as one of the most dangerous places in the world to be a woman, with 21014 research finding that each day six women were kidnapped, four were murdered, four were raped and three killed themselves.

More than 1,000 women and girls in the country are murdered in “honor killings” each year, but conviction rates are close to zero, according to the Aurat Foundation, a human rights group. The true figure is probably higher since many cases go unreported.

The series of gruesome honor killings in Pakistan reached a climax after the deaths of British beautician Samia Shahid and the controversial social-media celebrity Qandeel Baloch. "
Mike Pence has similar plans.

Where is @Jim Bob?

Obviously I'm kidding

I realize this but it sticks out to me that the barbaric nature of "honor killings" and shit seems reserved to a select groups in the world but just about everywhere else that "honor" is put on a pedestal shit happens but it isn't barbaric in nature.
What, Japan's honor suicides aren't barbaric? That's about the most difficult thing to do, kill your self, it completely goes against nature.

They both involve killing, and in the absence of modern law enforcement, its way easier to take another's life

Obviously I believe this is barbaric but I don't like how you tried to minimize Japan's honor suicides as if they aren't incredible stupid and barbaric. That being said... it is pretty much behind Japan now.

What, Japan's honor suicides aren't barbaric? That's about the most difficult thing to do, kill your self, it completely goes against nature.

They both involve killing, and in the absence of modern law enforcement, its way easier to take another's life

Obviously I believe this is barbaric but I don't like how you tried to minimize Japan's honor suicides as if they aren't incredible stupid and barbaric. That being said... it is pretty much behind Japan now.
It's stupid but hanging or cutting yourself and having someone lop off your head is a whole hell of a lot faster than being stoned to death.

Plus, only the most extreme people still commit suicide and it's usually with pills or jumping now. Plus it's not nearly as prevalent as it is in places like Pakistan.

Back