How About Anthony Smith vs. Khalil Rountree in Nebraska or UFC 227?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Apparently Anthony Smith isnt going to get the Gustafsson fight as hes been pulled from UFC 227 with an injury.

Smith wanted on the Nebraksa card as it's his hometown but the UFC was having trouble finding him an opponent. Rountree was interested in stepping in vs. Gustafsson as well so he should be down for a short notice fight.

Dynamite matchup on paper. Two exciting strikers. The Nebraksa card could use some help and this is as solid a co-main event as a Fight Night in Nebraksa could get. I love it.

As @Matthew Fedler said, UFC 227 would work as well as both were down to fight short notice on that card and that PPV event is hurting, bad. Either way, I want this fight.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Would watch.

Smith will annihilate him though.

Too rangey.

Both guys are coming off of quick KO wins and offered to step in against Gustafsson. It would be a fun addition to the UFC 227 main card with Gustafsson apparently ruled out of the event.

Anthony Smith wanted to fight Sam Alvey in Nebraska.

Apparently Anthony Smith isnt going to get the Gustafsson fight as hes been pulled from UFC 227 with an injury.

Smith wanted on the Nebraksa card as it's his hometown but the UFC was having trouble finding him an opponent. Rountree was interested in stepping in vs. Gustafsson as well so he should be down for a short notice fight.

Dynamite matchup on paper. Two exciting strikers. The Nebraksa card could use some help and this is as solid a co-main event as a Fight Night in Nebraksa could get. I love it.

What do you guys think?
Hell yeah id go for this. The only problem is I think they both want a top #10 guy or someone ranked higher and deserve it with they way they've been winning. I think the match makers will push putting them against LHW mainstays like manuwa

I'd like it. But no need to do short notice if Gus is out.

Would be a good addition to the card, I'm in.

Now this, this seems like natural progression.

Anthony Smith wanted to fight Sam Alvey in Nebraska.

In a strange way, I wouldn't mind seeing that fight.

Smith would actually FORCE Alvey to fight for a change. Could be a nice, standup bloodbath.

What do you guys think?
Would rather have Smith vs. Oezdemir since Smith just beat a top guy in Shogun. Smith/Khalil would be a fun 1 round fight, though.

Hell yeah id go for this. The only problem is I think they both want a top #10 guy or someone ranked higher and deserve it with they way they've been winning. I think the match makers will push putting them against LHW mainstays like manuwa
I like Rountree vs. Manuwa and Smith vs. Domnick Reyes as well if that does happen to be the case. But Smith vs. Rountree is too perfect to pass up right now. Makes sense and Smith would definitely take it if it was in Nebraska.

Alvey is scheduled against the corpse of Lil Nog in Brazil. September.

Someone just made an identical thread to this one. I guess they don't look at the first page.

If that news is correct, then yeah fuck it. Would have loved to see him meet Gus at 227, alas that card was doomed from the start.

Set up the Rountree fight, or Smith could hold out a little bit for a Volkan or Gus fight if he wants to. I'm sure the UFC would give him whichever.

I like Rountree vs. Manuwa and Smith vs. Domnick Reyes as well if that does happen to be the case. But Smith vs. Rountree is too perfect to pass up right now. Makes sense and Smith would definitely take it if it was in Nebraska.
I think there's potential there if they both get 1 more win for a pretty huge fight. Winner gets the shot vs Gus for interim.

Smith just beat #8, he deserves a higher ranked fighter, Khalil isn’t even in the top 15.

I do think that the Gus fight is too much too soon, but looks at Volkan. He had a TS in what, 3 fights?

I was literally thinking the same thing. JUST FUCKIN BLEED!!:meow:<{JustBleed}>

Back