How about this idea for a UFC PPV

BOSS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Take top 10 fighters from any weight class. Give them a ppv date but no opponents. They all make weight. They show up on fight night and at 10pm as soon as the ppv starts dana draws names from a hat and pits them randomly against each other. That would be exciting no?

They all make weight? How does that work if they don't know who they are fighting? So MM has to make 125 not knowing Stipe has to make 265 and Yoel has to make 190?

"Give them a ppv date but no opponents. They all make weight. They show up on fight night"

in 2018? Half will pull out due to not being able to cherry pick, 25% will miss weigh, 25% will get injured.

Last edited:
They all make weight? How does that work if they don't know who they are fighting? So MM has to make 125 not knowing Stipe has to make 265 and Yoel has to make 190?

....huh??

i think he means 10 from the same weight class

Fun idea but the logistics would be too difficult and far too expensive.

It's a terrible idea for a lot of reasons.
It would be kind of fun for the fans but the fighter's would hate it, the UFC would hate it, and it would cause havoc with the title picture for every division.

It can’t be worse than some of the PPV cards I’ve seen lately.
I would love a tournament. Even if it isn’t all in one night I would still go for it

So there will be zero fight promotion between fighters?
A fighter will be doing media & discussing how he has no idea who he is fighting?

I get that the idea is fun, but it is a really bad business decision.

So there will be zero fight promotion between fighters?
A fighter will be doing media & discussing how he has no idea who he is fighting?

I get that the idea is fun, but it is a really bad business decision.

It would be different. it'd be like Christmas. You don't know what you're gonna get. You don't see Santa on CNN talking about gifts do you? People love surprises. The unknown is exciting.

and for those bringing up potential injuries... 11-15 in the weight class would be on standby

Back