How accomplished was Pat Barry in kickboxing?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I know nothing about the kickboxing world so any information I read as far as tournaments and names I have no perspective on. Wiki says he was 17-6-1. I always thought the was a pretty high level kickboxer before he went to mma. Is that correct?

He made it to the big show, outside of beating gary goodridge, didnt do much else. But fought some decent level guys.

He was good. Had a losing k1 record but he was on the short end of a couple close decisions (I forget if they were k1 or not).
He seemed like his style was better for 3 min rnds but he always needed to refine his punching. A little too Melvin guillardish while needing to be a bit more Cro Copish. Some solid straights would've been awesome.

Not kickboxing but his kick check transition to punches rocked both Longo and Hardonk. Really beautiful stuff

I say in terms of pure kickboxer to mma fighter, he did well. Most kickboxers suck in mma.

He fought no one of real note besides boxer turned kickboxer Mwkessa that took his head off. Gary Goodridge isn't a relevant win in kickboxing; if it was MMA it would have been if it was a decade earlier.

I think most would say avg. to slightly above. He made it to the big shows but never was really able to get over the hump to be matched up with any of the elite kick boxers. Just couldn't string enough wins together to ever get a real shot at the stars.

oivGvhR.gif

I always thought the was a pretty high level kickboxer before he went to mma. Is that correct?

No.

Back