How bad is the construction in your city?

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's bad in Montréal, really bad. It's been bad forever. It's corrupt as hell and the mafia is making billions over the years. Despite all the money we sink into it, there is always work going on, and it always looks terrible, even when they're finished.

I could write ten thousand words about how bad it is here.

How bad is construction in your city?

hi-road-closed-1103-8col.jpg

40 has been under construction for like 3 years and it's gonna last for a few more years

It's bad in Montréal, really bad. It's been bad forever. It's corrupt as hell and the mafia is making billions over the years. Despite all the money we sink into it, there is always work going on, and it always looks terrible, even when they're finished.

I could write ten thousand words about how bad it is here.

hi-road-closed-1103-8col.jpg
Sounds exactly like Toronto.

Top 5 most expensive cities in the universe, but they can't build a fucking road that lasts more than a year.

Developers, unions, and the like have massive power here; they will take forever to do their jobs, over charge the govt., and take out historic places or swaths of open space to put up shit no one needs or cares about, like cheap ass homes (that they charge far too much for) when the state population is shrinking. Instead of making 2-3 story shopping structures to save on open space they take up as much single story square footage as they can. The roads are absolutely terrible as well.

Horrible.

Even in my town it's fucking ridiculous. Definitely on board with the mafia conspiracy. Shit never ends. They're "fixing" brand new roads they put in like a year ago.

Horrible.

Even in my town it's fucking ridiculous. Definitely on board with the mafia conspiracy. Shit never ends. They're "fixing" brand new roads they put in like a year ago.

+1

Huge section of Interstate that were done literally 2 years ago and are still beautiful, look virtually untouched and drive perfect are now closed for resurfacing, have been for like 4-5 months.

Houston just decided to rip up every freeway in every direction

It’s miserable now

Horrible.

It's not a conspiracy here. It's been proven time and time again.

When they built our Olympic stadium, concrete trucks would drop their loads, drive away, and come right back empty and sign for another load. LaPresse did a report that showed we paid.... Wait for it... One hundred times market value for concrete for that job. A stadium built in 1976 cost A BILLION DOLLARS.

We keep hiring "construction czars" to oversee this giant mess, and they keep leaving, without comment.

In Chicago it was non-stop cluster fucked.

Here it's not bad since the roads don't get screwed up from the weather.

We've got one of the worst streets in the US. Fuck our scumbag Mayor Landrieu.

It’s pretty crazy but TBF they have done some amazing things. When I first came here they were building a new highway and three years later they already finished it and connected it to larger network which is a huge improvement. But everyday there seems to be new spots popping up which make starves interesting.

They do so many stupid things here. They had a main highway going through town. It was a 6 lane bypass built in the 1950s and of course the city built around it. In 1990 they decided to build a new "bypass" but the businesses didn't want to lose all of the traffic. Instead of building it well outside the cities, they built a 4 lane highway between the two cities. Then they wonder why it's so busy with constant collisions.

Every election, city officials finds a way to destroy a major road so that they can put their face on a billboard when it's done a week before elections.

In one of the biggest taxpayer funded projects, I highly suspect the highly paid hotshot exec hired by the city may have allowed the contractors to greatly increase the costs pretty much without oversight. Quite a few of the managers resigned. Seems shady.

Worst on the planet.

Motherfuckers close roads for months at a time then to nothing. Until they need the closure barrels somewhere else so they just move them.

https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/

When they say one lane closure, nine outa 10 times they'll close everything but the shoulder.

Nothing is ever finished. Every project takes years and years and years.

Anytime they post a date range its a lie, except for one i saw stating the fix for an exit off one of the freeways would take an est 5 to 6 years. For one exit! That one's prolly close.

This is Houston im talking. No Mafia needed as inept as these motherfuckers are, its just Houston.

Ehh.. the fuck has construction got to do with criminal activity

Small town but the city planners appear to be incredibly stupid. Roundabouts where there should be traffic lights or nothing, and traffic lights where there should be roundabouts. Im continually stunned by their incompetence.

I live in a small town (22 K) around 20 miles outside the capital of my country. There always seems to be new developments going up here as people from the capital move out with their kids. I'm fine with that as we have a lot of flat grassland to build on and more people helps keep local shops and sports clubs alive.

If they ever think about touching the woods at the end of my street, though, I'm joining the m*therf*cking Al Queda. That's the home of my soul.

Sounds exactly like Toronto.

Top 5 most expensive cities in the universe, but they can't build a fucking road that lasts more than a year.

Toronto is nothing compared to Montreal. The construction in Toronto is annoying - the construction in Montreal is downright ridiculous.

Toronto is also an enormous city and its impossible to drive anywhere in a car even when things are all in great shape. It’s such crap.

Back