How bad is the construction in your city?

Road construction isn't that bad around here in Florida. In Illinois it was a different story. Work was constantly going on, and the road were worse than ever.

We've got one of the worst streets in the US. Fuck our scumbag Mayor Landrieu.

There's a reason no one is fixing those streets and its to keep those people boxed in.
Rocky Dennis's sister on the far left

It's bad in Montréal, really bad. It's been bad forever. It's corrupt as hell and the mafia is making billions over the years. Despite all the money we sink into it, there is always work going on, and it always looks terrible, even when they're finished.

I could write ten thousand words about how bad it is here.

How bad is construction in your city?

hi-road-closed-1103-8col.jpg

Lol I saw the thread title and had a mild episode of PTSD. I live in the 514 as well

It's not a conspiracy here. It's been proven time and time again.

When they built our Olympic stadium, concrete trucks would drop their loads, drive away, and come right back empty and sign for another load. LaPresse did a report that showed we paid.... Wait for it... One hundred times market value for concrete for that job. A stadium built in 1976 cost A BILLION DOLLARS.

We keep hiring "construction czars" to oversee this giant mess, and they keep leaving, without comment.

And that billion dollar stadium is falling apart today.

Ehh.. the fuck has construction got to do with criminal activity

When contracts are never bid on and go to the same 2-3 companies every time at a grossly inflated price, then there are delays and extensions and projects take several more months to finish on the tax payer's dime, you start to wonder.

Then after you're done wondering and you follow the money and find out they line the pockets of the same 2 or 3 italian families with known ties to the mob, you no longer wonder and start knowing.

Idk if it counts but where I am (central Jerz) houses are fucking paper mache, all these bilevels made in the 60s that any full-blooded Slav recoils at the sight of, knowing full well they should be made of FUCKING BRICK.

I drive the 401 through part of Toronto every day, as well as the 400, and its a fucking nightmare. Tonight both highways will be down to 1 lane or the shoulder in at least 1 spot each. Half the time both my exits are closed with no warning. And at the end of the summer no one will be able to tell what the fuck was done.

Back