How bad would a young 28 year old prime Romero Yoel Romero have beat Whittaker?

If they are so dumb why would you come into a thread, read it and comment about it? Lmao retard.

Because they need to be teminded how dumb they and any of these threads are dumb.

Everyone who follows wrestling knows how much more explosive he was in his prime from 98-05. People in wrestling was always talking about him how much of a freak he was. He had this with endurance. He would dominate. We are only seeing a fraction of what he was capable of and even so he is dominating in MMA.

It's a shame, really

If Romero started MMA competition in the early 2000’s... very likely he would be the MW GOAT right now and possibly outright GOAT.
idk about the goat but definitely the mw goat yoel would have smoked Anderson

I think TS is talking about a scenario in which Yoel got into MMA earlier, and fought Robert when he was at his physical prime with the skills he has today.

Yoel has been in his prime for more than 5 years including today . To assume that someone is not in his prime anymore because he is in whatever age is dumb. Prime also includes experience...huge factor.

well Whittaker would have been 13 years old so Yoel probably would have won easily.

More fair comparison would be how would Yoel have done against the UFC Champion that is in his age group. Anderson Silva comes to mind, and Silva would have only needed his left hand to kick his ass.

He would beat him pretty badly, considering Whittaker would be like 15 years old

Never know. But Yoel is the opposite of Erick Silva. Dude is a 41 year old prospect. Just wait until he is 45 and in his prime... :eek:

ohhh hell Romero of 3 years ago would have smoked him bad .The stupid thing is UFC slept on him because of his english . Go back 3 years how did Wideman get ahead of Romero .

How hard will be to Romero fans to finally understand that:
He didn’t make weight
He lost the fight
Bobby beat him already TWICE
Even if he had got his hand raised he would STILL not be champion
Because he CANT make weight

So woulda,coulda,shoulda will change absolutely nothing.

Your boy is going LHW.

Last edited:
Imagine if your aunty had balls.... she'd be your uncle

Yoel coming into mma early was GOAT recipe

What would happen if my aunt had grown testicles when she was younger- would she be my uncle?

It's insane that the guy beat the crap out of Rob at the age of 41. He has endurance issues because of his very old fighting age and has to use a very low energy/ output fighting style because of it. Because of his age he can't even use his biggest weapon, wrestling anymore, because it consumes too much energy for a 41 year old. On top of that he has admitted himself that he was much more explosive and fast when he was younger, even more than now. At the age of 41 he did this to a prime Whittaker, who has twice the striking experience.:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How would a young, prime Romero who was even more explosive than he now is without cardio issues, a Yoel who could use his wrestling, have done against Whittaker? He would have started with mma earlier.

I say a brutal knockout inside 3 rounds for Yoel after a domination.
Your ass still hurts??drop the salt man,it’s over.

He'd ankle pick Whittaker and then elbow his head into the canvas in one round.

With the same amount of training he has now and being 15 years younger, no one would beat him, he would be a buzz saw.

I don't know, I live in reality, the same reality where Yoel lost twice. Once when when Robert had a bum leg.
And the other time a broken hand that he broke in the first round (I think it was the first).

I understand your theory, and maybe you're right.....but.
If Yoel had been training MMA at that time...maybe he wouldn't have the same wrestling pedigree.
Whitaker maybe wouldn't have had to train for the takedown as much ....maybe he could throw more bombs like Yoel gets to throw because of the takedown threat he presents today.
We'll never really know.

I too become sad when fighters I like lose, so then I imagine hypothetical situations where they'd win.

Back