How big was tupac back then?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So, tupac is one of the legends of the hip hop, one of the biggest, but just wondering how big he was when he was alive.

I remember him being a pretty big deal. Especially his last year

He wasn't that big until he started to pretend he was from Oakland. Previously his name was MC New York.

His rhymes were always simple and one of the worst beat pickers in hip hop.

He wasn't that big until he started to pretend he was from Oakland. Previously his name was MC New York.

<mma4> I'm w/ you on this one. Should get interesting.

This guy is full of shit TS.
He went by MC New York before anybody knew who he was.
His last couple years he was the biggest rap star and one of the biggest entertainers on the planet and alot of that was his notoriety.
His rhymes were great and had alot more depth in his writings then someone just trying to flip words to make it sound dope and lyrical.

Fuck @mrbaapt

So, tupac is one of the legends of the hip hop, one of the biggest, but just wondering how big he was when he was alive.

People say Nirvana only got big because their lead singer killed himself.. that’s bullshit. ‘Nevermind’ was Beatles fucking mania V2.

Tupac? He was decently popular while alive.. but his popularity definitely hit overdrive after he was killed. And part of that was due to how he died, and Biggie dying not long after and it’s connection to Pacs death. No one put him at ‘GOAT’ status while he was alive tho. That shit came after he croaked.

People say Nirvana only got big because their lead singer killed himself.. that’s bullshit. ‘Nevermind’ was Beatles fucking mania V2.

Tupac? He was decently popular while alive.. but his popularity definitely hit overdrive after he was killed. And part of that was due to how he died, and Biggie dying not long after and it’s connection to Pacs death.
This is where you go "I was born in 98"

This guy is full of shit TS.
He went by MC New York before anybody knew who he was.

Yeah odd name for a supposed "WEST COAST MC" who made his living dancing.

His last couple years he was the biggest rap star and one of the biggest entertainers on the planet and alot of that was his notoriety.

Yeah assaulting women and shooting cops is so cool bro. It's almost like he wanted to die to become a real west coast G! He was very smart though and politically when he wasn't rapping he had some compelling things to say.

His rhymes were great and had alot more depth in his writings then someone just trying to flip words to make it sound dope and lyrical.

Not even close. His rhymes were basic in his peak and super basic today. Not even a top 10 rapper at any point in time.

Thanks for your hate.

Yeah odd name for a supposed "WEST COAST MC" who made his living dancing.

Yeah assaulting women and shooting cops is so cool bro. It's almost like he wanted to die to get a real west coast G! He was very smart though and politically when he wasn't rapping he had some compelling things to say.

Not even close. His rhymes were basic in his peak and super basic today. Not even a top 10 rapper at any point in time.

Thanks for your hate.
Oh this guy fuckin sucks.
@JustOnce ignore this man for he knows not what he speaks.

The sexual assault, I think is bullshit, its been documented enough.

His lyrics touched more people than anyone else ever had in the rap genre, and you could debate out of any genres.
Was he lyrical like Lord Finesse or Nas? Of course not.
I hate to say the poet stuff, but his writings are more of that nature, but it carries alot more weight than some of the more lyrical rappers.

Also him shooting the two cops, he didn't know they were cops and he did it after he witnessed two white guys beating up a black man.
The two cops were off-duty, drunk, and were using a handgun that was stolen from evidence. Its why the case was dismissed.

As for the westcoast stuff. He moved to Marin county and its where his rap career really took off, so he represented that area.
He was in NYC and Baltimore all the time. It was when the Biggie stuff happened that it really drove the whole West vs East, but he always maintained that hes from New York.

Greatest of all Time

He was a star when he released Me Against The World but he became a crossover mainstream megastar when he signed with Death Row
He was one of the biggest music acts in the nation when he died

You'll always get these east coast backpack nerds trying to downplay his popularity because he doesnt make the kinda shit music they like but dude was crazy talented and has the catalogue to prove it

Oh this guy fuckin sucks.
@JustOnce ignore this man for he knows not what he speaks.

The sexual assault, I think is bullshit, its been documented enough.

His lyrics touched more people than anyone else ever had in the rap genre, and you could debate out of any genres.
Was he lyrical like Lord Finesse or Nas? Of course not.
I hate to say the poet stuff, but his writings are more of that nature, but it carries alot more weight than some of the more lyrical rappers.

Also him shooting the two cops, he didn't know they were cops and he did it after he witnessed two white guys beating up a black man.
The two cops were off-duty, drunk, and were using a handgun that was stolen from evidence. Its why the case was dismissed.

As for the westcoast stuff. He moved to Marin county and its where his rap career really took off, so he represented that area.
He was in NYC and Baltimore all the time. It was when the Biggie stuff happened that it really drove the whole West vs East, but he always maintained that hes from New York.

Greatest of all Time
Marin City

Back