How Big Will The UFC Be in 5 years with ESPN now Behind it?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Now that ESPN is the official digital and cable home of the UFC how big do you guys think it will become in 5 years?

I think it will be become popular again - not just the stars like conor but how the UFC used to be.

Now that ESPN is the official digital and cable home of the UFC how big do you guys think it will become in 5 years?

I think it will be become popular again - not just the stars like conor but how the UFC used to be.

Now it's on a peak of its popularity.

Neck and neck with soccer.

fyLNfom.gif

didn't you hear the ufc is dying?

seriously tho i think mma was at its peak a few years ago and i dont think espn will change the ufc's popularity that much. not with its current model anyway.

Last edited:
It's not that they lack exposure. It's that the unprofessional environment that's been created over the years from the top down eventually choked off the supply of incoming talent, and caused them to have a class of stars who were criminals and headcases and ended up out of the sport by age 30.

ESPN isn't fixing that.

I'm from the UK so is the ESPN deal bigger than the Fox deal?

It's not that they lack exposure. It's that the completely unprofessional environment that's been created over the years from the down eventually choked off the supply of incoming talent, and caused them to have a class of stars who were criminals and headcases and ended up out of the sport by age 30.

ESPN isn't fixing that.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it :)

"Life Needs Sports"
- Kenny Florian

It's not that they lack exposure. It's that the unprofessional environment that's been created over the years from the top down eventually choked off the supply of incoming talent, and caused them to have a class of stars who were criminals and headcases and ended up out of the sport by age 30.

ESPN isn't fixing that.

i think the money in this deal could fix that. it's only 30 events so they can stack them like crazy.

i think the money in this deal could fix that. it's only 30 events so they can stack them like crazy.
If they are cutting down on the number of events and weight classes, that is definitely a step in the right direction.

Yeah, that's extremely big news.
Dana has now truly transformed into a real life Wilson Fisk. The fighter's union movement must use this small window of opportunity to press their agenda.

It depends how those profits compare to previous years and projections for future years.

Profits now , from all the cutting costs of production and new deals - more than in previous years, more than under Fertittas.

Regarding projections - for some reason I believe that guys that sit in WME think quite strategically. But we'll see in 202....1? 2?

Profits now , from all the cutting costs of production and new deals - more than in previous years, more than under Fertittas.

Regarding projections - for some reason I believe that guys that sit in WME think quite strategically. But we'll see in 202....1? 2?
Profits that come from shrinking the size of your business are not ones that indicate increased potential earnings from expansion.

BTW I have a decent idea how people in WME think because I used to work there.

Back