How can anyone argue that Hoost is not the GOAT kickboxer?

• Below is WGP Record for hoost
  • THE 2X LOST TO SAPP IS BIG, AS HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO EVEN MAKE IT TO 2002 WGP FINALS- BIG ASTERICK so 2002 WGP should not have taken place

Sure, which is why TS premise is pretty ridiculous. If it's so easy for these lumbering 7 footers to dominate K1, then the final Grand Prix would have been 8 giants every year. Semmy is an outlier. His size is a physical advantage to be sure, but what's important is how he made it work for him. Saying "if Semmy were 6'2" really is pointless imo. I think a much better hypothetical is "if Semmy was the exact same size but wasn't dedicated to his training the way he was he wouldn't have had the success he did".

You're reaching very far with this, Vaio is 100% correct.

Schilt came across as somewhat of a lumbering giant, but less so than others his size; he had very good speed and technique FOR HIS SIZE. He had nowhere near the same skill as Hoost, Aerts or Hari, or Saki.

And vaio is correct to use that example......Would Schilt have gone as far as he did if he was the same size as his opponents, and didn't outsize/ outweigh them by almost 100 lbs? I think you know the answer to that.

To disagree with the fact that Schilt's main asset was his size is absolutely ridiculous and reeks of biased fanboyism.

There's a reason why weight classes are a thing, and fighters have huge advantage over others with only a 15 more lbs of weight. Imagine having a 60 - 70 - or 100 lb weight advantage.....and you're gonna pretend that didn't play a factor? LMAO

Last edited:
Schilt had exceptional speed and movement FOR HIS SIZE, but still came across as somewhat of a lumbering giant. He had nowhere near the same skill as Hoost, Aerts or Hari, or Saki.

Would Schilt have gone as far as he did if he was the same size as his opponents, and didn't outsize/ outweigh them by almost 100 lbs? I think you know the answer to that.
But if you take away his size you take away his lumbering giant fighting style, you can't have it both ways. He fights like that because of his body type, and he found a way to properly use it when most men that size don't know how to use that frame to it's full potential. Weight advantages after 200lbs are inconsequential, and can even be a detriment.

But if you take away his size you take away his lumbering giant fighting style, you can't have it both ways. He fights like that because of his body type, and he found a way to properly use it when most men that size don't know how to use that frame to it's full potential. Weight advantages after 200lbs are inconsequential, and can even be a detriment.

Don't try to obfuscate.

Fact: Schilt needed to be twice the size of his opponents in order to achieve the same amount of GP wins as Hoost, who was generally smaller than his opponents.

Don't try to obfuscate.

Fact: Schilt needed to be twice the size of his opponents in order to achieve the same amount of GP wins as Hoost, who was generally smaller than his opponents.
You are the one obfuscating. You created an elaborate world where Schilt is normal size but still fights with awkward giant man mechanics.

What Schilt needed to win those GP's were to punch and kick his opponents into submission or decision while not having the same done to himself. He accomplished that. No need to obfascate the situation...

You are the one obfuscating. You created an elaborate world where Schilt is normal size but still fights with awkward giant man mechanics.

What Schilt needed to win those GP's were to punch and kick his opponents into submission or decision while not having the same done to himself. He accomplished that. No need to obfascate the situation...

So is your argument that the fact that him being twice the size of his opponents and outweighed them by 60- 80 lbs, didn't give him a huge advantage?

Ok so boxing and the mma should get rid of weight classes then because they shouldn't matter , right?

For the first fight, lets schedule GSP vs Cain Velasquez. Clearly a fair fight, according to you...

So is your argument that the fact that him being twice the size of his opponents and outweighed them by 60- 80 lbs, didn't give him a huge advantage?

Ok so boxing and the mma should get rid of weight classes then because they shouldn't matter , right?

For the first fight, lets schedule GSP vs Cain Velasquez. Clearly a fair fight, according to you...
According to me? Quit making idiotic straw man arguements and putting words in my mouth. You aren't worth a debate, I made my points.

According to me? Quit making idiotic straw man arguements and putting words in my mouth. You aren't worth a debate, I made my points.

You didn't make any points, you just made ridiculous claims to validate the idiotic thought that being twice as big as his opponents didn't give Schilt any advantage when fighting them.

To tie it all together, Hoost did the same thing, with 0 size advantage. So to say that Schilt is somehow a better kickboxer is quite literally, completely idiotic.

No advantage at all....( the guy on the right is 6'6 by the way...)
hqdefault22.jpg

Schilt wasn't "twice" the size of his opponents. Besides it was called Open Weight for a reason.

If being tall with a big reach was the main key to success then Stefan Struve would be the reigning UFC HW championn.

There's diminishing returns to size, once you get in that 1.9m/100kg range more doesn't automatically mean better. Schilt managed to keep it all relatively together for such a huge guy.

Schilt wasn't "twice" the size of his opponents. Besides it was called Open Weight for a reason.

If being tall with a big reach was the main key to success then Stefan Struve would be the reigning UFC HW championn.

This is a weak excuse that only people trying to discredit Hoost's accomplishments use.

There are weight class in combat sports for a reason.

Who here is trying to discredit Hoost's accomplishments?

This is a weak excuse that only people trying to discredit Hoost's accomplishments use.

There's no excuse and nobody trying to discredit Hoot's accomplishments, many consider him one of the GOAT's of kickboxing, including myself. You're the one discrediting Schilt's accomplishment if anything just because of his size. How come Choi Hong-man and Kim Young-hyun weren't great champions then?

There are weight class in combat sports for a reason.

There were no weight classes in the K-1 open weight WGP's, and there isn't any weight classes in the main Kyokushin world tournaments either.

Besides, even if Schilt was fighting in boxing or MMA today he would still be in Heavyweight, most likely fighting guys the same size as the K-1 fighters he was fighting lol.

To this day I still wonder why the "heavies" are called the "heavies". I know who they are, just not why the name.
It used to be called "The Heavyweight Forum", in reference to the UFC being the top dog. Worldwide used to be "The Contender Forum" and this used to be the "K-1 Kickboxing Forum"...

I got them to change it to Muay Thai and Kickboxing :cool:

It used to be called "The Heavyweight Forum", in reference to the UFC being the top dog.

barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

You teach me to football Hoost? Jk. Anyway you look at it he was the shit and fun to watch.

Back