How can it be denied that Die Hard is the greatest action movie ever made ?

Too many characters, the plot makes too much sense and nowhere near enough mustaches.

There is only one GOAT action film. When you to deny it's greatness you make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too,.

commando.jpg

It really creeps me out the Arny kisses a child on the lips in this film.

I don't know whether it's the best one ever, but I can't think of any better tbh.

I would rate Predator, Total Recall and T2 above it. I'm a mark for Prime Arnold though, I admit it. Die Hard is an all time classic though, the second one was good but the 3rd one was a classic as well, almost but not quite as great as the first. The fourth one was garbage and I never saw the fifth, and have no plans to.

The fourth Die Hard I thought was surprisingly good. The fifth one was insanely bad. Like I can't believe how bad this movie is.

Too many characters, the plot makes too much sense and nowhere near enough mustaches.

There is only one GOAT action film. When you to deny it's greatness you make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too,.

commando.jpg

Thissssssss

I've seen all of the mentions a million times and I still think Terminator 2 is the best.

Saw the 30th anniversary re-release in movie theaters last night. Still the greatest action film of all time.

Because the greatest action movie ever made (with a hidden horror flick in it, to boot) is Predator

Love die hard but not more than Predator

Do u even get to tha choppah bro

It does a great job of showing a blue collar guy overcome a bunch of yuppie scum, who at the time liked to think they were the cool guys in American society.

It does a great job of showing a blue collar guy overcome a bunch of yuppie scum, who at the time liked to think they were the cool guys in American society.
It's got to be one of the best examples of writing an underdog character the audience gets behind. Take him out of his element in LA, put him a fancy corporate office party where he doesn't identify with anyone, put him on shaky grounds with the one person he does, make the villains not only more physically imposing but also more intelligent, they also have more weaponry, even his police backup doesn't trust him or offer any help at all. He has no one to rely on him but himself and he pulls himself up by his boot straps to save the day. Truly Americana at its finest.

It's not only one of the best action movies, it's one of the best movies ever made imo. It's definitely in my top 5 action flicks.

man I watched highlander again recently, didnt age well, the fight scene in the parking lot was cringe worthy, atleast even when I watch die hard its still watchable same with T2 and predator.

Yeah Highlander is very well done mood-wise, and with humor. But the action is corny as hell. Sparks everywhere, Kurgan moves slower than Andre the Giant on downers, guys are 10 feet away from each other and they somehow lose track of each other entirely, swords knock over castle walls, etc etc etc.

On the bright side the cops are fucking hilarious, Kurgan is a boss, the hotel is hilarious, the medieval setting is well done, and... Sean Connery is in the movie.

Die hard 1 and 2 are great.

Mclane’s bloodied feet throughout the first one still makes me squirm.

Great movie it aged so well too.

Terminator 1, Die Hard, Predator, Escape from NY, Lethal Weapon, Big Trouble in China Town

80s had the best action movies even Death Wish was cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back