How can it be denied that Die Hard is the greatest action movie ever made ?

terminator-2-judgement-day-4k-uhd-main.jpg

It's because T2 is....

However, Die Hard can go ahead and put up a good fight with Predator as to who is second place.

Although I do prefer Die Hard 3 over the original... but I admit part 1 is more classic.

Die Hard was one of the last big movies to use little if any CGI; it was mostly old school stunts. When one of the villains fall from the building you can see the natural free fall in his downward motion.

After all these years there are no actors who can replace Stallone - Willis - Arnie. No one today could play John McClane. I could not help but chuckle at Adrian Brodie trying to be a bad ass in his Predator movie.

Great movie it aged so well too.

Terminator 1, Die Hard, Predator, Escape from NY, Lethal Weapon, Big Trouble in China Town

80s had the best action movies even Death Wish was cool

So many, we were so pampered. Mad Max's in there, chuck Norris, van damn, the Indiana Jone trilogy.

Sheeeeet

What irks me the most about Die Hard is that it's gotten played several times over the past couple of years in theaters that I live by. How many times have these theaters shown McTiernan's superior Predator? Zero. Wtf. Do casual audiences view Die Hard as a serious movie and Predator as stupid because Arnold is in it or something? What gives?!

FUCKING PLAY PREDATOR IN THEATERS ASSHOLES!!!

Yeah Highlander is very well done mood-wise, and with humor. But the action is corny as hell. Sparks everywhere, Kurgan moves slower than Andre the Giant on downers, guys are 10 feet away from each other and they somehow lose track of each other entirely, swords knock over castle walls, etc etc etc.

On the bright side the cops are fucking hilarious, Kurgan is a boss, the hotel is hilarious, the medieval setting is well done, and... Sean Connery is in the movie.

I don't really see them as that similar, Highlander is basically MTV action mixed with Conan style 80's fantasy were as DIehard is a much straighter action film, with a few small changes the same thing could be relased today(and indeed many attempts to do have have happened).

If you keep your definition of action very narrow to cut out sci fi and fantasy then Diehard might I spose have a claim, not sure I can think of a better action/thriller, maybe Ronin but that's more towards being a spy film for me even if it has a lot of action in it.

Back