How can RIZIN squeeze out the max amount of ratings from Floyd?

manboy<3

Pathetic hater,MEGA shill
Banned
Reaction score
RIZIN basically need the Floyd vs Tenshin fight to take up as much time as possible so that they dominate the ratings for as long as possible..

How can they do it ? My take:

8x3 minute rounds plus 1 minute rest in between for commercials
This will give around 30 minutes of actual fight time and when you factor in the entrances, flower giving ceremony and post fight theatre/brawl that should give you about 50 minutes of RIZIN dominating the ratings..so close to an hour overall.

The rules: An amateur exhibition boxing match (so that mayweather's record is protected) with big gloves and a corrupt Yakuza ref so that the two fighters can put on some fireworks and floyd can get the win without hurting Tenshin too much

In my view, it's in RIZIN's interest to avoid the possibility of a short fight as much as possible...suggestions like a mixed rules match, a short boxing match, an MMA match etc are too dangerous for a fight like this, RIZIN need to be smart and use this opportunity to dominate the ratings for as long as possible.

What do you guys think ?

Yeah, it sounds good to me. I think 8 rounds should be about right for this fight.

Sakakibara already put it out there that it isn't a boxing match. Special rules without boxing gloves. Take from that what you will. Hopefully it allows knees and elbows. Tenshin is already giving up around 20lbs, giving up his entire skillset would be fucking stupid.

Sakakibara already put it out there that it isn't a boxing match. Special rules without boxing gloves. Take from that what you will. Hopefully it allows knees and elbows. Tenshin is already giving up around 20lbs, giving up his entire skillset would be fucking stupid.

Yeah, it is special rules so I am hoping kicks are allowed. Would be great if he could also use knees and elbows and it was an ordinary muay thai fight. Mayweather would be in for a hurting. I can't believe Tenshin will be on the biggest stage with Floyd Mayweather in less than two months.

Wonder if Floyd would agree to a straight up boxing match with Rizin mma gloves to test himself on how his boxing would convert. Tenshin is dangerous but giving up weight so the fear of getting KOed is lessened

Wonder if Floyd would agree to a straight up boxing match with Rizin mma gloves to test himself on how his boxing would convert. Tenshin is dangerous but giving up weight so the fear of getting KOed is lessened
I'm not certain that he would give up 20lbs AND basically his entire skillset. There will be other strikes, just probably not kicks. If there aren't even knees and elbows Tenshin is at a crazy disadvantage. It's so unfair it doesn't make sense. Floyd is Floyd though, so maybe. But Sakakibara said there will be added strikes of some nature, so we will see.

Honestly don't think Floyd can get good rating.
He is totally nobody in Japan.

Honestly don't think Floyd can get good rating.
He is totally nobody in Japan.

He'll be somebody in Japan pretty soon. He is stepping into the Rizin ring. It is going to do well.

I'm not certain that he would give up 20lbs AND basically his entire skillset. There will be other strikes, just probably not kicks. If there aren't even knees and elbows Tenshin is at a crazy disadvantage. It's so unfair it doesn't make sense. Floyd is Floyd though, so maybe. But Sakakibara said there will be added strikes of some nature, so we will see.
I smell back and forth on the rules and then some stupid shit like inoki vs Ali in the actual match.

I smell back and forth on the rules and then some stupid shit like inoki vs Ali in the actual match.
Maybe... Gaijin boxers don't have a great history in dealing with Japan.

He'll be somebody in Japan pretty soon. He is stepping into the Rizin ring. It is going to do well.

If Rizin is as big as everyone on here wants to believe, then they wouldn’t have trouble meeting their tv ratings goal. Fact is, they’re not, and they haven’t. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be looking outside so soon after putting on the single biggest fight they could have with their own roster.

Maybe... Gaijin boxers don't have a great history in dealing with Japan.

That fight ended up being the way it was because of Ali’s management and camp trying to restrict Inoki’s skill set.

If Rizin is as big as everyone on here wants to believe, then they wouldn’t have trouble meeting their tv ratings goal. Fact is, they’re not, and they haven’t. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be looking outside so soon after putting on the single biggest fight they could have with their own roster.

That fight ended up being the way it was because of Ali’s management and camp trying to restrict Inoki’s skill set.

They just signed Floyd for a fight against Tenshin and Mayweather and his agent/manager plan future partnerships with RIZIN based on the press conference I watched. It is huge news for RIZIN. PRIDE couldn't land Tyson in the past but RIZIN landed Mayweather.

They just signed Floyd for a fight against Tenshin and Mayweather and his agent/manager plan future partnerships with RIZIN based on the press conference I watched. It is huge news for RIZIN. PRIDE couldn't land Tyson in the past but RIZIN landed Mayweather.
lol
Everyone knows Tyson but no one knows Mayweather.

lol
Everyone knows Tyson but no one knows Mayweather.

Mayweather is well known around the world. This RIZIN event will air around the world according to Mayweather in the press conference I watched.

And Mayweather won't?

If this isnt on Live TV in the states, I dont see this doing too well. When I say Live TV, I mean channel 2-14 Over the Air, Not PPV.

Mayweather fighting a random asian guy isnt doing anything for PPV sales, especially on new years.

If this isnt on Live TV in the states, I dont see this doing too well. When I say Live TV, I mean channel 2-14 Over the Air, Not PPV.

Mayweather fighting a random asian guy isnt doing anything for PPV sales, especially on new years.

Mayweather will do big numbers.

Back