How can RIZIN squeeze out the max amount of ratings from Floyd?

Am I supposed to be familiar with every fight that ever happened?
You seem like you know quite a bit. I wouldn't assume everyone knows everything, except Gono btw, but you actually being an educated poster I'd have figured that you had seen and knew about this. It is pretty well known, and has been posted here many times, and not all that long ago, as well. You're forgiven though, since you add to the discussions often and aren't a complete dumb fuck.

Basically, Mercer was brought in for this fight and was told it would be hands only, or something to that effect. Then he took that head kick seconds into the fight and straight up left. So we can deduce that if the rules were supposed to be what he thought they were, K1 double crossed him and may have told Remy to kick anyway, or at best, just didn't tell him there was any kind of arrangement. It was along the same lines of how Inoki bent the rules even though Ali thought he was in the clear. While that was actually just brilliant and within the rules, the Mercer thing wasn't and showed that Japan can be kinda sketchy with gaijin.

Last edited:
You seem like you know quite a bit. I wouldn't assume everyone knows everything, except Gono btw, but you actually being an educated poster I'd have figured that you had seen and knew about this. It is pretty well known, and has been posted here many times, and not all that long ago, as well. You're forgiven though, since you add to the discussions often and aren't a complete dumb fuck.

Basically, Mercer was brought in for this fight and was told it would be hands only, or something to that affect. Then he took that head kick seconds into the fight and straight up left. So we can deduce that if the rules were supposed to be what he thought they were, K1 double crossed him and may have told Remy to kick anyway, or at best, just didn't tell him there was any kind of arrangement. It was along the same lines of how Inoki bent the rules even though Ali thought he was in the clear. While that was actually just brilliant and within the rules, the Mercer thing wasn't and showed that Japan can be kinda sketchy with gaijin.
Interesting. Only K1 I ever watced were old reruns on ESPN over 10 years ago.

Back