How can take Dustin "Diamond" Poirier seriously if he was...

KOed out cold in the first minute of the fight by Michael F*cking gatekeep Johnson less than 2 years ago???
giphy.gif

I really try to consider him one of the best fighters in the division, but this loss always come back to my mind...

Things happen in 2 years Doga.

You can evolve and develop new skills for example.

Conor beat him with very little effort aswell.. I think Khabib would maul him with ease.
That was the fight that turned me into a believer i hated conor before that, but how he handled porier had my jaw dropped. I Never doubted his striking ever again.

Michael Johnson’s losing streak isn’t not a true reflection of who he is. He’s still a dangerous fighter that can smoke anybody.

Why is MJ always looked down on?

He has elite wins in Tony, Barboza, shouldve won against Dariush etc.

Shouldve definitely stuck to his gameplan in the Diaz fight, he just got caught up after round 1.
I found that Diaz was the biggest exploitation of how Johnson basically just spams 1-2s over and over and over again.

It was literally all he did against Diaz and Diaz was having none of it.

KOed out cold in the first minute of the fight by Michael F*cking gatekeep Johnson less than 2 years ago???
giphy.gif

I really try to consider him one of the best fighters in the division, but this loss always come back to my mind...
I am not buying into his rejuvenated hype at all. Dude is a vet who was KO'd by a rookie 145er (Conor McGregor). Beating a broken down former champion and a walking punching bag (who should be 0-3 in the UFC) doesn't impress me.

Johnson isnt exactly known as a TOP LEVEL Striker my man but yes people get caught sometimes.
He outstruck Barboza. He's doing something right.

But then he got mauled by Diaz, who in all likelihood would lose to Barboza. Styles make fights, and MJ has skidded hard, but that doesn't mean he isn't a fast and powerful striker. Dustin got caught. Out duking Yancy, Pettis, Alvarez and Gaejthe has kind of made up for that one mistake.

Man Stipe got knocked out by Struve. No way he'd beat Werdum...

He came into that fight really emotional and tried to brawl in the pocket with MJ, who still has fast hands. Costly mistake.

Aye man, Overeems still considered a top veteran at HW (not a knock on Overeem) just cause a fighter has some ko losses doesnt mean theyre not skilled and dont bring the "what if" factor. Fighters get knocked out. It happens and everyone holds the capability of getting ktfo.

Tony loss to MJ, and we take him pretty seriously. MJ's just a bipolar as fuck fighter. Beats elite fighters but loses to guys he should beat.

Dustin brawled with Menace and that was stupid, Johnson could lose his next 100 he is still dangerous he has sick power coupled with his speed he is dangerous for anyone, he sure got Khabibs attention with the punches he connected, just because someone loses doesnt discredit his overall achievements.

MJ has never really gave me the impression that he has "sick power" ...great hand speed though.

The Johnson KO, the McGregor KO, getting wobbled by Brandao, eating lots of shots from Justin, being competitive with Pettis all come to mind.

The current champ isn't even a striker, so that shouldn't matter. Now if it were Conor I'd be less interested in that fight.

The Johnson KO, the McGregor KO, getting wobbled by Brandao, eating lots of shots from Justin, being competitive with Pettis all come to mind.
McGregor and Brandao were at 145lbs, right? Different animal without the hefty weight-cut. He took a couple shots from JG that would have put him out back in the featherweight days. MJ caught him. That's about that.

Dustin doesn't really have the best chin.. Although it held up fine against Justin last Saturday.

Back