How can take Dustin "Diamond" Poirier seriously if he was...

nice try, but my respect for the lousiaian only increased

McGregor and Brandao were at 145lbs, right? Different animal without the hefty weight-cut. He took a couple shots from JG that would have put him out back in the featherweight days. MJ caught him. That's about that.

Very true. Never thought Porier cut much weight to 145 but seeing how drastically different he looks at 155, he must have.

Plus, MJ is a solid striker. Outstruck Barboza in one of my favorite performances honestly. Without the TD thread MJ will KO you if you are careless.

Dustin doesn't really have the best chin.. Although it held up fine against Justin last Saturday.
yeah its not about the "chin" its about the placement of the punch. we all have a button

Johnson isnt exactly known as a TOP LEVEL Striker my man but yes people get caught sometimes.

Your kidding right? His boxing is elite deffinately has some of the heavier hands in the Division his biggest problem is he tends to go off the reservation in regards to game plans.

MJ is deffinately top ten in a division filled with absolute killers.

In a fucked up way, I understand exactly lol. I just try not to hold it against him. I figured he's improved alot.

T. Furg lost to that fucking can too.

Calling MJ a can is ban worthy.

His was not competitive in his fight with Conor. It was a one sided beat down.
giphy.gif

He collapsed after this shot

He outstruck Barboza. He's doing something right.

But then he got mauled by Diaz, who in all likelihood would lose to Barboza. Styles make fights, and MJ has skidded hard, but that doesn't mean he isn't a fast and powerful striker. Dustin got caught. Out duking Yancy, Pettis, Alvarez and Gaejthe has kind of made up for that one mistake.

For sure. Not only that can’t understand how on earth people think losing to MJ is something to be ashamed off. The guy is very good.

Meh, everyone gets caught.

How can anybody take you seriously after this garbage post though?

His was not competitive in his fight with Conor. It was a one sided beat down.
giphy.gif

He collapsed after this shot

He has looked like a different fighter after that loss. Also lower weight class.

Why is MJ always looked down on?

He has elite wins in Tony, Barboza, shouldve won against Dariush etc.

Shouldve definitely stuck to his gameplan in the Diaz fight, he just got caught up after round 1.

in a weird way, I look st him like I do artem. I know that's fucked up lol but I can't help it.

Because no good fighter has ever been caught by a good striker. Ever.

they do, but they don't get title shots a year after getting KO'd by a journeyman.

Poirer didn't lose because Johnson is a good striker, he lost because he did a stupid move throwing a lead uppercut with no setup.

I'm sorry, that's just how I see him.

And that is utter bullshit. He has done more then enough to warrent not being called a can by a no nothing like you.

Goddamn oxygen stealing trogladyte here folks.

they do, but they don't get title shots a year after getting KO'd by a journeyman.

Poirer didn't lose because Johnson is a good striker, he lost because he did a stupid move throwing a lead uppercut with no setup.

Again how is MJ a journyman? Jesus fucking christ you are a muppet.

Michael Johnson’s losing streak isn’t not a true reflection of who he is. He’s still a dangerous fighter that can smoke anybody.

his potential to "smoke anybody" means absolutely nothing if he doesn't smoke them.

yes, he's fast, and he's explosive. but that's basically it. he's not technically that great, he's wilted before in fights, and that's no knock on him, that's just the reality.

his losing streak is EXACTLY a true reflection of who he is. those losses weren't controversial or competitive. in all of 3 of those losses, he started the first 1-2 minutes off doing well and then after that everything went downhill.

so yeah, he MIGHT be able to smoke anybody, but we already he know he won't smoke everyone so what's the point of saying that? basically anyone in the UFC can "smoke anybody" but his chances of smoking top guys? slim to none, he just got done in by Darren Elkins, think about that for a minute.

And that is utter bullshit. He has done more then enough to warrent not being called a can by a no nothing like you.

Goddamn oxygen stealing trogladyte here folks.

Real mature buddy. Do you blow your father with that mouth?

Back