how can you be a GOAT when you lose in your prime twice to the same guy?

Yet you ignore all the damage he's accumulated in the past 5 years.

Stop bashing Aldo. He's got the most impressive resume of any FW fighter, hence why he's considered GOAT.

For fucks sake make. Even Holloway agrees.

I do not know about that if Holloway gets few more wins his resume is going look better no questions. I mean him having Aldo on there few times already kinda puts him up there. Not to mention first time he faced Aldo he was coming off a crushing win over Edgar and he ended him. Now Aldo may not be at his peak but when he was primed he never faced anyone as good as a Conner or Holloway.

tbf, DC had over a decade of athletic mileage and injury on him before his first MMA fight. He was already on the physical decline before his career even began. It's not as simple as just the number of years he'd been fighting.

Aldo definitely has more wear on him than his age suggests, though.

Well let be honest here Aldo during his whole career never fought guys that could strike like Holloway or endurance like him. Aldo was king of stopping wrestlers who he had a reach advantage on. I do not see a single fighter Aldo beat in his younger days that were close to Conner or Holloway. Edgar is great win but Aldo that got destroyed by Conner and Holloway beat that guy.

Well let be honest here Aldo during his whole career never fought guys that could strike like Holloway or endurance like him. Aldo was king of stopping wrestlers who he had a reach advantage on. I do not see a single fighter Aldo beat in his younger days that were close to Conner or Holloway. Edgar is great win but Aldo that got destroyed by Conner and Holloway beat that guy.
I agree that Holloway seems all wrong for Aldo at any point of his career.

I agree that Holloway seems all wrong for Aldo at any point of his career.

Just like Conner Holloway is bigger guy with reach and knows how use distance. Reach is something Aldo had in his going his way along with striking his whole career. The big difference with his loses is he was not best guy on his feet for once and that alone makes things different he was good at not being taken down with those guys he was fucked at his best place in fighting.

the guys that beat you were better than you... regardless of how many wins or defenses you had

defending titles does not make you a GOAT.. the guy you lost to is better

therefore you're not greater than him
I thought this was a thread about Conor losing to Nate.....

the guys that beat you were better than you... regardless of how many wins or defenses you had

Hughes > Trigg > Hallman > Hughes > Trigg > Hallman

Sometimes styles make fights.

Greater and better are 2 different things. You can lose to someone 2 and still be greater than them. Not better

Aldo is in his prime, 2017 Aldo would tear a new asshole to WEC Aldo.

Just watch the first Mendes fight and the second Mendes fight, both got a lot more muscular and powerful, fighters that aren't injured or too old improve consistently, they don't regress.

We also need to consider that Aldo's body is made of glass. The guy pulled out of fights constantly. He may well have fought injured in his last couple because he just can't afford to do that now that he's not a dominant champ.

Joe Duffy beat Conor McGregor, therefore using your theory above, the following mathematical statement would be true. Joe Duffy > Conor McGregor.

how is he not in his prime? because of usada? the guy fights exactly like he always does... he has improved his boxing and should be better than ever
It's very clear the years of wars and cutting weight have taken their toll on aldo. Esp after the IV ban

Aldo is only 31 years old and does not perform like an old fighter, somebody better just came along. That being said his run at FW was nothing short of awesome and he will go down as an all time great.

I'm not really a fan of individual fighters as I'm more of a fan of just watching fights, so I find it kind of funny how according to Sherdog certain fan favorite fighters will immediately fall out of their prime once they get beat.

Joe Duffy beat Conor McGregor, therefore using your theory above, the following mathematical statement would be true. Joe Duffy > Conor McGregor.

Joe Duffy didn't beat mcgregor twice, especially back to back. Therefore leaves room to doubt that Duffy is better like the butthurt Aldo fan like to discredit Conor for the amazing KO in 13 seconds.

You're not the greatest of all time if you got your ass beat post usada in your prime 3/4 times

it only took mcgregor 13 seconds to steal aldo's prime.

Back