How Chinese tourists are taking over the world

Grunk

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Interesting read on how the chinese are so rich that they are dramatically changing the way the whole world panders to them via the tourism industry. I think its mostly good news as they more they get out and see the real world the more educated they are. Also we need their money!

Some key points:

China already accounts for more than a fifth of the money spent by outbound tourists, twice as much as the next-biggest spender, the U.S.
And the Chinese have barely started - only around 5 percent of them even have passports, and the government is issuing about 10 million new travel documents every year.
The emerging nations of Asia-Pacific will add more than 50 million new outbound travellers in the five years ending in 2021.
The shift is transforming the region, unleashing more than $US100 billion in infrastructure spending for bigger airports and jet fleets, new railways, hotels and theme parks.
The effects of this boom include soaring property prices, stress on the environment and an avalanche of apps and innovations that reimagine the way we experience the world.
By 2021, Chinese tourists will spend $US429 billion abroad
At least 178 new airports are planned in Asia-Pacific

http://www.traveller.com.au/chinese...ese-tourists-are-taking-over-the-world-h0vx5z

Amusing way to look at it: They buy our debt and then come spend their own money in the U.S. as tourists. So we'll be paying back the debt with the tourist money. The circle of life.

Interesting, we have definitely seen an uptick in tourists from China , certainly haven't seen any negatives

Interesting, we have definitely seen an uptick in tourists from China , certainly haven't seen any negatives
Ever been to a grocery store with a ton of Chinese people?

You know those people that just, kinda stroll, down the middle of the aisle, park their cart... in the middle of the aisle, and then go two aisles over to get that random loaf of bread?

Yeah, they ALL do that.

What do they want to see? America has all kinds of different land.

You would think they would opt for a rural place without pollution.

1/5th of tourism, but only 1/8th of population. I ANT NEVER SCARED!

Not a single one? Chinese tourists have quite the negative reputation around the world, even in other Asian countries from what I've seen.

Not a single one? Chinese tourists have quite the negative reputation around the world, even in other Asian countries from what I've seen.
His post was sarcasm in case you missed it

They've even stayed at my air bnb house , no problems, haven't heard any negatives about Chinese tourists in particular even though people love to bitch about tourists around here

Ever been to a grocery store with a ton of Chinese people?

You know those people that just, kinda stroll, down the middle of the aisle, park their cart... in the middle of the aisle, and then go two aisles over to get that random loaf of bread?

Yeah, they ALL do that.
Random complaint..... and tourists don't tend to spend a ton of time in grocery stores making your comment all the more strange

Why would they wanna come here - when they've got zoos with this shit?

lion-horse.jpg

they're one big herd anywhere they go. harmless for the most part, but just too many of them in one place

I recently had visited Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia. We asked some of the establishments in these various countries who the worst tourists are. 6/6 people said the Chinese. The usual reasons why were that they are “rude” “dirty” “cheap” and “loud”. Visiting the grand palace I can say first hand that they are very rude and loud. They would literally cough in your face and not even gesture that you are even there.
They seems to act as though everyone else is invisible.

I recently had visited Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia. We asked some of the establishments in these various countries who the worst tourists are. 6/6 people said the Chinese. The usual reasons why were that they are “rude” “dirty” “cheap” and “loud”. Visiting the grand palace I can say first hand that they are very rude and loud. They would literally cough in your face and not even gesture that you are even there.
They seems to act as though everyone else is invisible.
Been to China and this is true. Fuck that stereotype about them having having the most refined culture. The whole Barbarian west vs the fancy orient is a hollyweird fap fest.

Interesting read on how the chinese are so rich that they are dramatically changing the way the whole world panders to them via the tourism industry.
I thought the average Chinese citizen doesn't make that much money? Low wages etc.. Isn't that one of the main reasons why American companies use Chinese labor?

If they get paid less, how are they so rich

I thought the average Chinese citizen doesn't make that much money? Low wages etc.. Isn't that one of the main reasons why American companies use Chinese labor?

If they get paid less, how are they so rich
Where have you been? All Asians look alike and all Asians are rich. In fact we just call them all Chinese. Everybody knows that. It's common sense buddy.

Been to China and this is true. Fuck that stereotype about them having having the most refined culture. The whole Barbarian west vs the fancy orient is a hollyweird fap fest.
I honestly never heard of that. The Chinese get shamed for a ton of stuff, and are known to be heartless, and soulless people, generally speaking.

What do they want to see? America has all kinds of different land.

You would think they would opt for a rural place without pollution.

A lot of them go to Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Yosemite

Like pooping in public, being really loud, and lack etiquette. Chinese culture just lack etiquette. They arent trying to be rude. They do this to each other all the time. No one in China makes anything of it. There is just no shame there.

I thought the "san Queue" was Thank you in the accent.

Back