How come no one bought Kevin Lee's hype

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The UFC tried hyping up Kevin lee (who seemed to think copying Conor was going to make him a draw). We saw him driving a 2010 C Class around in the countdown. He and the UFC had high hopes for 216's ppv buys but it completely flopped 120k buys.

Why doesn't anyone care about Kevin?

The UFC tried hyping up Kevin lee (who seemed to think copying Conor was going to make him a draw). We saw him driving a 2010 C Class around in the countdown. He and the UFC had high hopes for 216's ppv buys but it completely flopped 120k buys.

He was copying Conor only with trash talk.

He never tried to intimidate his opponents, there was no psychological warfare from his side - neither inside or outside the cage.
He wasn't witty/funny, he did not have crowd behind him, and his fighting style was not that flashy.

He misunderstood Conor and what he did.

He was copying Conor only with trash talk.

He never tried to intimidate his opponents, there was no psychological warfare from his side - neither inside or outside the cage.
He wasn't witty/funny, he did not have crowd behind him, and his fighting style was not that flashy.

He misunderstood Conor and what he did.

More than anything else he had no charisma.

If he had won, people might have. Conor was brash even before he entered the UFC, it takes a while to build a guy up. You can't just say "motherf*cker" a lot and expect to sell a million - you have to actually deliver some big performances first.

Last edited:
Loads bought into it lmao. These forums were awful for the final week leading upto the fight.

Glad Tony put him down.

Hard to say. I think our minds have been so focused on Khabib or Ferg getting the chance to fight Conor that when another guy was thrown in the ring we just didn't bite. And it was well deserved, I think. Lee will certainly be a problem for a lot of fighters, and I'm sure he'll be a contender again

He is
giphy.gif

Because he tried too hard, actually, he tried so hard it was comical really.

I remember multiple threads before UFC 216 how Kevin Lee had no chance and the fight will be a mismatch, i think now everyone respect Kevin Lee as a fighter.

He is not overrated, he was massively underrated before 216.

you can't lose in the UFC when you talk the big game.

Conor didn't lose until way later and they were able to play it off because they fought at a catch weight. plus he lost to Nate fuckin Diaz, he didn't lose to Al Iaquinta, or Leonardto Santos.

I didn;t care because he resume is weak, and Tony;s isn;t much better.

there was like 50 thread the week before with ''kevin ''the goat'' lee'' etc they just died with his lost

well he didn't win. in the end people love Silva, Fedor, conor because they win(won) fights very decisively

Back