How come no one bought Kevin Lee's hype

Kevin Lee was obviously acting. You have to get people to BELIEVE you are really as good as you say you are.

Lee gave some of the most cringey and fake interviews I've ever seen

[
Well I’m not trying to say it’s the greatest win streak ever seen, but it is certainly not weak by any stretch. The division isn’t weak either. Can think of many better win streaks at LW.

Off the top my head i'd put the following streaks above Tony's in terms of impressiveness:
Cowboys big streak streak that included Alvarez and Bendo.
RDA's smaller streak of 5 wins that included Bendo, Diaz, Pettis & Cerrone
Edgar's streak to the LW title (imo he should have also got the nod against Bendo)

Tony's streak reminds me of Sean Sherk , he'll come unstuck against the first real sign of quality.... imo.

The UFC tried hyping up Kevin lee (who seemed to think copying Conor was going to make him a draw). We saw him driving a 2010 C Class around in the countdown. He and the UFC had high hopes for 216's ppv buys but it completely flopped 120k buys.

Why doesn't anyone care about Kevin?
Not sure what you are talking about. I'm a fan of Kevin Lee, but not because anyone else is trying to hype him or push him. He's young and skilled and stands a chance of being someone in the UFC or Bellator in the next few years. I'm a fan of fighting so for the most part I look at all the young fighters the same way I look at college sports. As far as copying Conor, you couldn't be more wrong. Lee doesn't make a caricature of himself and display a personality that is clearly turned on and off for the camera. Conor lives by the coolest catch phrase and biggest wow effect he can come up with. Lee just realizes that he doesn't have to be PC all the time.

I like him now, a hell of a lot more than I did before 'Like eh, yeah like, like yeah like man, like yeah, like I da best like, yeah , like ye, like yeaaah'
How you even thought this was worth posting is beyond me.

Not sure what you are talking about. I'm a fan of Kevin Lee, but not because anyone else is trying to hype him or push him. He's young and skilled and stands a chance of being someone in the UFC or Bellator in the next few years. I'm a fan of fighting so for the most part I look at all the young fighters the same way I look at college sports. As far as copying Conor, you couldn't be more wrong. Lee doesn't make a caricature of himself and display a personality that is clearly turned on and off for the camera. Conor lives by the coolest catch phrase and biggest wow effect he can come up with. Lee just realizes that he doesn't have to be PC all the time.
5AAC3899-732F-4442-AE48-97DE2AF769BD.jpeg

i still buy it.

dude is 25 and just fought for the title. he looked great against chiesa and he looked great in rnd 1 against tony. id be excited to se his 170 debut.

Because we want a real title fight. No more interim bullshit, and no more Conor running from contenders. The jig is up.

I blame this mostly on the media. They keep asking for the fighters to call other fighters out and then complain when it isn't how they envisioned it. Ariel is the worst at this. Always asking fighters to talk shit and then complaining when it isn't how he wanted them to do it.

Just let the fighters fight. Stop asking them to talk shit. It is annoying.

I don't give a shit if he lost i like Kevin Lee, at least he's giving it a go. I'm a big Ferguson fan but let's not get it twisted either Kevin had a staph infection a bad weight cut and he still give Tony problems in that first round. If you think Kevin's gonna crawl under some rock and we never see him again then you are stupid.

Just let the fighters fight. Stop asking them to talk shit. It is annoying.

I figure it would be just as good if not better if they would teach fighters to talk shit, professionally.

I figure it would be just as good if not better if they would teach fighters to talk shit, professionally.

Just seems like it would lead to more generic shit talk. If it is real then great. The fake talk is way too obvious.

Conman has white privilege/great white hope action going on. Lee obviously doesn't.

Every 12 yr old whiteboy wants to be Conman and uses mommies credit card to buy his PPV.

The UFC tried hyping up Kevin lee (who seemed to think copying Conor was going to make him a draw). We saw him driving a 2010 C Class around in the countdown. He and the UFC had high hopes for 216's ppv buys but it completely flopped 120k buys.

Why doesn't anyone care about Kevin?

Not true at all.

I think he has a lot of fans.
He also has a lot of talent.
He made some mistakes and lost to Ferguson, a champ now, on a 10 fight win streak. No shame there. Lee looked good in the early going too.

Lee is far from being done with business.

I think anyone who actually watched Lee's previous fights and saw his skills knew he was a big threat to Tony. I believe he'll come back better than ever from this loss.

You really thought he was capable of pulling in big numbers that quickly? Really? Literally no one becomes a star that soon overnight. Lee had one publicized win (against Chiesa) and that was just a few months ago, and then this fight with Ferguson, which he lost. Even if he had won, people need a lot more time and big wins than that before they can build up enough momentum to become a star or a PPV draw.

Back