How come nobody tried to mess with Mike Tyson in prison? He was only 5'10 and 215

That doesn't mean shit. I'm 6'4" 220lbs and countless 5'6" guys could fuck me up

Mike was only 5 foot 10 and 215 pounds and had short arms. Mike said when he was in prison he never had anyone test him and claimed people were very nice to him giving him extra food and drinks because he was a simple guy and wasn't acting like a gangster. Do you buy this? I think Tyson probably got extra stuff because they feared him, but he claims nobody tried to test him in the pen.

I would expect someone to at least test him and size him up seeing how small he was, a lot of other fighters in the early UFC including Shamrock said tough guys in bars would try to size them up and say this guy aint so big I can take him.

Here is Mike right out of Prison he looked like a killer

American former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Mike Tyson. In 2005 he said "I measured myself as 5ft 10in....I'm a f****** dwarf!" and again in 2013, "I'm only a small guy, I'm five foot ten"

maxresdefault.jpg

I found this video of Tysons hotel lobby brawl, where he knocked out 3 guys who tried to ask for his autograph but these guys at least tried to fight back.

Are you fucking retarded?

Not that I’d want to tangle with him or anything but that dude would be exhausted in a very short time and probably has a hard time wiping his ass.
I can tell you just by looking at him is he would get his ass tore up in a fight, there are some guys who are big an burly that you can tell got speed like Fedor or Tank abbot, but this guy looks like his punches are super slow he is all grip and pull strength

I doubt he can throw a fast punch and like you said he was gas out.

if i remember correctly in the '08 docu he ment
Mike was only 5 foot 10 and 215 pounds and had short arms. Mike said when he was in prison he never had anyone test him and claimed people were very nice to him giving him extra food and drinks because he was a simple guy and wasn't acting like a gangster. Do you buy this? I think Tyson probably got extra stuff because they feared him, but he claims nobody tried to test him in the pen.

I would expect someone to at least test him and size him up seeing how small he was, a lot of other fighters in the early UFC including Shamrock said tough guys in bars would try to size them up and say this guy aint so big I can take him.

American former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Mike Tyson. In 2005 he said "I measured myself as 5ft 10in....I'm a f****** dwarf!" and again in 2013, "I'm only a small guy, I'm five foot ten"

maxresdefault.jpg

I found this video of Tysons hotel lobby brawl, where he knocked out 3 guys who tried to ask for his autograph but these guys at least tried to fight back.

if i remember correctly in the 08 docu tyson states that he avoided confrontation in prison

I think ts need to spend a few rounds in octagon with Mighty mouse to understand size isn't everything.

I can tell you just by looking at him is he would get his ass tore up in a fight, there are some guys who are big an burly that you can tell got speed like Fedor or Tank abbot, but this guy looks like his punches are super slow he is all grip and pull strength

I doubt he can throw a fast punch and like you said he was gas out.
tore up in a fight by who? unless you're a professional fighter nobody is tearing that guy up.

"I try to catch them right on the tip of his nose because I try to punch the bone into the brain.".

Gary, Indiana had the highest murder rate in 1993.
Probably a ton of gangs too. Gary/Indiana is right next to Chicago. Besides L.A., Chicago has to be the gang capital and has exported a ton of gangs across the country.

But anyway, with regards to Mike, 5'10" is average height. And he was still bigger than most men at 215-220 lbs when he came in there, and I believe he was probably heavier than that for most of the time he was in there because he was lifting heavy and had the money to get whatever he wanted from the commissary. He looked bigger and stronger than ever when he fought Peter McNeeley coming out of the joint.

Basically he was a guy of average height, but much bigger and stronger than the average man, and had a reputation for being the best fighter in the world or at least among the best fighters in the world. This is back before MMA/BJJ became a big thing and people still thought boxers were the best fighters and the baddest motherfuckers. Trying to mess with Tyson would have been a bad idea because he was a tough guy to begin with, he had the Nation of Islam and perhaps other groups backing him up, prison officials didn't want a celebrity to get hurt and bring them negative attention, etc. Basically if you fucked with Mike, either he or his boys would beat your ass, you'd get punished severely, you'd get time added to your sentence, etc. it wasn't worth it.

Wasn't he in prison in Indiana? That flyover state is full of cans.
A bunch of tweaker B&E offenders and three strike marijuana cases, would have been fun to watch Mike literally eat their lunch every day.

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree. He could be taken out by several thugs or a guy with a shank. My guess is he kept low profile and wasng at a bad prison and was segregated being famous and all.

Back