How did a past his prime Cro Crop beat the No. 6 ranked heavyweight boxer in the world twice?

He was in the prIme of his MMA career.
Dude had a lot of injuries and add that with being gun shy. That was definitely not a prime CC. It was just a rough period but it's going to happen when you fight over 20 years.

OP. Mirko is a special fighter and enjoy it while it lasts you won't find another Cro Cop.

Beast in pride sucks with drug testing.
meh, UFC's drug testing sucked back then. Cro Cop was still juicing when he came over. his style is meant for a kickboxing ring so of course he'll be better there.

Based on what?
Based on my opinion, someone that watches more worldwide MMA than 98% of sherdog and is into scouting HW prospects, also other people who have been doing that for years like @Paul L rate Aliakbari very highly. Who is Tuivasa's best win? Tybura's? Period.

Based on my opinion, someone that watches more worldwide MMA than 98% of sherdog and is into scouting HW prospects, also other people who have been doing that for years like @Paul L rate Aliakbari very highly. Who is Tuivasa's best win? Tybura's? Period.

You said Mirko's win over Akbari is more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins, I ask based on what and your answer is because you say so, and start to talk about fighters like Tuivasa and Tybura?

Let me ask this way, has Aliakbari ever beaten even a top30 ranked HW?

You said Mirko's win over Akbari is more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins, I ask based on what and your answer is because you say so, and start to talk about fighters like Tuivasa and Tybura?

Let me ask this way, has Aliakbari ever beaten even a top30 ranked HW?
Tuivasa and Tybura are UFC top 10 heavyweights. Their best win is a washed up Andrei Arlovski.
Mirko's win over Aliakbari is certainly better than that.

Aliakbari beat Daniel O~ who not long time ago was ranked into UFC top 15, also beat Smoldarev & Moldavsky.

His quality of opponents in boxing has been very poor his best win Adamek is maybe 10 years past his best, the minute he comes up against a young solid contender I fully expect him to be exposed.

Wasn't the first Miller fight a controversial decision?

Cro Cop in kickboxing rules beats the majority of mma heavyweights. Cro Cop typically remained competitive in most of his later mma fights in the striking exchanges, he just gets flush ko'd by the big shots. UbeReem is the one of the more recent times I can only recall him getting completely dominated in the stand up and it was mainly from getting overpowered in the clinch.

Mirko also beat Zhuravlev in the same night, a number 1 ranked Glory LHW at some point.

And Londt who was no bum either.

This just shows how skilled Mirko is. Despite losing speed he has been able to adapt and change his style.

Tuivasa and Tybura are UFC top 10 heavyweights. Their best win is a washed up Andrei Arlovski.
Mirko's win over Aliakbari is certainly better than that.

Aliakbari beat Daniel O~ who not long time ago was ranked into UFC top 15, also beat Smoldarev & Moldavsky.

Your argument is incorrect. Tuivasa is currently 11th ranked contender at HW in the UFC, Tybura 9th. You also said "more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins", which means at least 6 out of 10. Who are those other 5, Tybura being one? Dont need to answer.

You also say Daniel O was not long time ago ranked top15 in the UFC, but at the time of the fight Aliakbari decisioned him he wasn't ranked even top40 at HW globally, according to Fightmatrix, because he had been cut from the UFC losing 3 fights in a row to Stefan Struve, Timothy Johnson and Curtis Blaydes.

We should also point out that at the time Mirko beat Aliakbari, Aliakbari was very inexperienced in pro MMA and wasn't even top50 ranked back then. So Mirko beat a non top50 ranked HW who had about a year experience in pro MMA and you claimed that was a more impressive win than most of UFC top10s best wins. Sorry, but you sound like some MMA hipster pretending to know something others dont without any evidence to back your claims.

This was the last post from me to this discussion. Bye.

Wasn't the first Miller fight a controversial decision?
I was there, live, third row from the ring.

When the fight ended, I stared at some unkown dude thinking '' oh damn... That ain't good... '' and then the announcer said Mirko won.

The end of the night was crazy.

But after that I saw some rule explanation and many of the knees Miller threw were illegal. There was a clinching rule like you can't land more than one knee or something. Watching the video many times made me understand Mirko won. But it's really close. He beat him in Glory then fair and square.

Fight matrix rankings are not good at all lol

Its moreso I'd say that Crocop's decline was less obvious in kickboxing with the large gloves to hide behind, he was also fighting injuried in the UFC.

Honestly as well Miller never really impressed me much as a kickboxer, always looked rather sloppy. Unless he's improved massively I suspect that ranking might be rather questionable.
Actually, the ranking is pretty correct right now. I'd personally have him at 8 or so because Pulev had a nice win recently and Parker is probably better or just ask good just had the misfortune of 2 losses recently (1 to Joshua). But not gonna argue it much.

He was in the prIme of his MMA career.

He had his greatest achievements in 2006 but then he had another knee surgery before his UFC debut and another after the Gonzaga loss.

He's had countless surgeries.

How did hisaki kato beat joe schilling twice?(one in mma, another in kickboxing)
Schilling was the #3 kickboxer in glory at the time and Kato had no kb record.

Well I hate to be this guy but I honestly think and kickboxing and boxing we really don't get to see the best guys compete against one another anymore. Especially when K1 dissolved and the Muhammad Ali Act in boxing. That architecture lets competitors who actually untested to pose as top contenders and or champions. And when they come across somebody that actually knows what they're doing they get humiliated.

Your argument is incorrect. Tuivasa is currently 11th ranked contender at HW in the UFC, Tybura 9th. You also said "more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins", which means at least 6 out of 10. Who are those other 5, Tybura being one? Dont need to answer.
Ok, let me correct myself then, i was wrong and i have no problem admitting it: "more impressive than many of UFC top 11 recently wins"

#11 Tuivasa def. Arlovski (Aliakbari runs through him)
#9 Tybura def. Arlovski (Aliakbari runs through him)
#7 JDS def. Ivanov (washed up and past his prime, Aliakbari probably outgrapples him into a GNP TKO)
according to Fightmatrix
I don't care for FightMatrix. Their rankings sucks. Tapology probably does it the best and even then, it's still subjective.
This was the last post from me to this discussion. Bye.
Run, bitch. For someone who goes full MMA math you're very audacious to talk shit to me. You're a idiot who can't see talent and judge a skillset without going for your typical bullshit question "What is his best win?", lol.
Cirkunov has never done anything other than beating Krylov who got outclassed by Jan B (Cummins beat Jan.B), and people still keep making him this massive favorite like he is some elite top3 LHW. Cirkunov might be the weirdest hypetrain I have ever seen in MMA.

Cirkunov looked so helpless vs Glover on the ground that if Cummins can get him down he should have a clear advantage there.
<36>

Back