How did Cain get hooked up so fast?

AKA reputation? Shortage of decent HWs?

His first pro mma fight was for Strikeforce. Third pro mma fight and he’s in the UFC (which I watched live in Montreal).

Did he have some insane amateur record? Good manager had connections? UFC desperate for HWs?

This question makes no sense. I would make sense if he completely washed out of the UFC without winning a fight.

The dude's one of the best heavyweights of all time. Clearly, he had the type of potential that opened eyes.

A dumb mexican? Got it

Says the anonymous nerd on Sherdog. Some of these pathetic racists simply can't seem to wait to showcase their ignorance.

It's amazing that it's 2018 and we're still dealing with ass backwards hillbillies like this.

This. Sometimes there is a fundamental difference in how trainers talk about a prospect. Same was true of Weidman. Same was true of Jones. Some guys are just clearly a different animal altogether.
Not true of Jones. Jones had zero hype coming into the UFC and was an underdog in his first two UFC fights.

Says the anonymous nerd on Sherdog. Some of these pathetic racists simply can't seem to wait to showcase their ignorance.

It's amazing that it's 2018 and we're still dealing with ass backwards hillbillies like this.

Alot of good ol boys on this site, they can't help themselves lol.

If you actually go back to watch Cain's first UFC fight you can see Buffer after the fight telling him to show his Mexican mouthpiece.

If I remember correctly, the UFC went on a tear in 2008 signing both marquee HW names and a number of highly touted prospects. Dana was actively trying to build the HW division, as it was a weak point in MMA's premiere organization.

I believe that CroCop was supposed to be the new ruler of the division before Gonzaga put an end to that plan. Randy Couture was champ, and the UFC's most dominant HW previous was Tim Sylvia.

Brock Lesnar was signed in 2008, and Cain was signed along with Dos Santos and Shane Carwin. I think everyone knew what they were getting with all 3 of those prospects... Ironically, the UFC let Werdum walk in 2008...

What was this about I don't think I've heard of it?

~DaViD~

Before they released the first UFC video game, the UFC forced the fighters to sign away all rights to their likenesses in perpetuity. Jon Fitch made a huge stink about how ridiculous it was that all of the royalties from the games would go to the UFC and not the fighters.

The UFC responded by cutting all of the fighters from AKA, so Fitch was forced agree to the UFC's terms so that his teammates wouldn't get screwed. After they all agreed to sign away their likeness rights, the UFC reversed the decision to release the AKA guys.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2008/11/20/jon-fitch-released-by-ufc-over-likeness-rights

They should have been taken to court over this long before the first antitrust suit was filed.

The UFC was advised to sign him quickly because doctors apparently knew Cain's body would age in dog years.

Mexican isn't a race genius. It was just to trigger the brown and pride comment. Also a reference to that stupid racist tat. You know, the very thing you enlightened people claim to be against.

Race used to exist but that was a long time ago. It doesn't exist now.

He trained at AKA

Everyone knew he was one of the best prospects ever because AKA is a high profile gym and media could go watch him dummy everyone there and the trainers and management were singing his praises too.
Yep. He had a bit of a reputation.

he looked scary, was mexican, so dw jizzed in his pants

Back