How did Nelson lose to Derrick Lewis

When you see Nelson in his hayday, you've seen him EASILY KOing big guys such as Mitriome, Shuab, KONGO!
So why couldnt he land that perfect shot as he always does on Lewis? Lewis is much slower than Kongo.

I feel as though the Nelson who KO'D Kongo and the rest of them all would destroy Derrick.

Is it due to USADA?

easy roy nelson overreated.

Nelson hasn't had it for a long long time, his only ko in the past 3 years was the true glass chinned Bigfoot. He lost that precision, power, speed, killer instinct, whatever you wanna call it. Also you could say his opponents figured him out, but he turned to a lot more of a wall n stall strategy after the loss to Hunt.

When you see Nelson in his hayday, you've seen him EASILY KOing big guys such as Mitriome, Shuab, KONGO!
So why couldnt he land that perfect shot as he always does on Lewis? Lewis is much slower than Kongo.

I feel as though the Nelson who KO'D Kongo and the rest of them all would destroy Derrick.

Is it due to USADA?

that fight absolutely sucked. everyone lost that night (actually, that card was great except for that one fight).

Is it due to USADA?

I guess I'll be the one to seriously respond lol.....

The reason for Roy not finishing has a few reasons.

1)Roy is one dimensional and easy to game plan for so it got harder and harder for him to land one right hand as he aged and got slower that's why you seen him switch to a wrestle heavy approach in bellator.

2)toward the end of his career his chin held up but his willingness to take shots did not ,he felt lewis power and it shook him.

Actually here's a fun fact.....in Nelsons last 12 fights he's had 2 ko wins.....thats it.

It was a close fight that could've gone either way. Came down to the third round where iirc Nelson was landing more but Lewis caught him with harder shots.

Yup. Lewis is the poster boy to who usada gets busted

I remember feeling like Nelson won a close ugly fight via L'n'P. 5 out of 17 media scored it for Nelson, and so did one judge (but it's Adalaide Byrd...). I'm not mad about the decision, but it wasn't exactly Lewis' most decisive win.
I was glad Lewis won, because Roy just tried to hump his leg the whole fight. Could have been fireworks, but Roy ruined what it could have been. The Octogan interview by Lewis was classic. I've searched, but can't find the unedited version anywhere. Black Beast in this hoe.

Roy Nelson was roughly 39 years old and he's a fatass. He's not aging well, and Derrick is 8 years younger. You're really asking the hard questions.

He only beat Minifoot and Big John McCarthy in his last 5 years.

His prime was Schaub to Cormier fights.

The guy had a chin and decent striking... but has been getting out boxed for having poor movement... feet and head.

Too OFS (old, fat, slow). If Nelson had a prime, it was his early UFC days. While still fat, he moved around pretty well for a guy his size. By the time he fought Lewis, he was really slow and predictable. He turned into a one-trick pony (overhand right) then gradually added wrestling as a second trick. If Nelson and Black Beast were the same age, I'd favor Nelson.

Doesn’t Arlovski have a glass chin?
Why didn’t Roy just throw an overhand right at him?

x3xv0p.jpg

Doesn’t Arlovski have a glass chin?
Why didn’t Roy just throw an overhand right at him?

x3xv0p.jpg

Was lacking the mullet and the beard, didn't have the power to handle Arlovski.
Yes I know he was finishing everybody before that fight.

Kinda like this:

I still don't understand how the fuck he stayed standing after that punch. Literally right on the chin thrown from the hip. GOAT chin.

I remember Nelson trying his hardest to LnP and wall n stall the whole fight but it wasn't working in the judges eyes. Lewis scored more damage.

Back