How did Panda Express become so popular?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I always thought Panda Express was very low quality Chinese food you could only find at indoor malls.
But now they are out of the malls and sprouting everywhere like McDonald's.
There's literally a Panda Express in every city and every town all over America.

Do people really enjoy awfully bland Chinese food?

It's cheap, fast, and isn't 85% vegetables like most of the Chinese places around me.

You could ask that same question for every fast food restaurant

It’s more like why is Americanized Chinese food so popular. It’s just that in a fast food chain format

Cheap, fast, makes people think they’re “cultured” for eating Chinese food.

Good locations maybe? Cheap Chinese places that are cheaper and have way better food are usually inconveniently located in shitty strip malls in the middle of nowhere. Panda Express and places like it have a guaranteed minimum level of quality, even if that quality is lower than average, and are always in convenient places to get to.

I dig Panda Express. I mean, for like 10 or 12 dollars you can eat good.

its bad for you but the damn beijing beef is yummy

Because people don’t know what authentic, good Chinese food tastes like.

I always thought Panda Express was very low quality Chinese food you could only find at indoor malls.
But now they are out of the malls and sprouting everywhere like McDonald's.
There's literally a Panda Express in every city and every town all over America.

Do people really enjoy awfully bland Chinese food?

Its Chinese food with a drive through window. Who is their competition? If you don't have any competition then you can get rather large.

Because most people are dumb and eat shitty food.

Millionaires are made taking advantage of this simple fact.

You could ask that same question for every fast food restaurant

Not really. McDonalds would kill babies to be the only burger joint. Panda has little to no competition in most states, none. They are the only fast food Chinese chain with a drive through window.

Not really. McDonalds would kill babies to be the only burger joint. Panda has little to no competition in most states, none. They are the only fast food Chinese chain with a drive through window.
I think you misunderstood my post

two words:

sugar chicken

Rick-and-Morty-Season-3-Finale.gif

I think you misunderstood my post

I thought you were saying that you could ask how any fast food chain would get so popular. Panda has flourished because they have no competition, in most towns they are the only show in town. What you meant was the idea that all fast food sucks, so how would any of them get so big.

Back