How did rashad evans lose to sam alvey?

Rashad Evans was never good, his biggest win was over chuck ice chin liddell and forrest griffin who was the equivalent of a pub punch machine. other than those two wins he's never done anything of note @sniper

This isn't a video game. Rashad Evans is a human and one that's old as fuck and completely spent. Just because his record says he has beaten x,y and z doesn't mean he can do it forever. I've no doubt that Evans of ten years ago would completely smash Alvey without breaking a sweat.

His decline is clearly more mental than physical. Rashad after Machida is a shadow. Re-watch his fights before and after that loss...The man has not been the same since.

Machida ruined what could have been a monster. He just took that confidence completely away from him with that KO.

I went into that fight liking both guys and hoping for a draw or at least a close decision...But the way Shad lost was...Machida took his fucking soul Shang Tsung style.

Every fight since then has been Rashad being a completely tentative/nervous fighter who will not commit.
I don't think Machida ruined him, he just showed rashad wasn't on the level some people thought.

Rashad has declined but at his peak I don't think he was ever a p4p elite by a long shot.

He won the title by koing forrest. But forrest was not very durable and had been out striking rashad to that point.

He ko'd chuck, wall n stalled thiago and page...I just can't think of a single time in his career when I thought he looked like an elite fighter.

Rashad Evans was never good, his biggest win was over chuck ice chin liddell and forrest griffin who was the equivalent of a pub punch machine. other than those two wins he's never done anything of note @sniper
Naw man, he was pretty good.

When I think of Rashad Evans I think about Matt Hughes telling him to stop showboating on Tuf. I just see him in that blue tuf jersey. I don't know why.

I don't think Machida ruined him, he just showed rashad wasn't on the level some people thought.

Rashad has declined but at his peak I don't think he was ever a p4p elite by a long shot.

He won the title by koing forrest. But forrest was not very durable and had been out striking rashad to that point.

He ko'd chuck, wall n stalled thiago and page...I just can't think of a single time in his career when I thought he looked like an elite fighter.

Before the Machida fight he was far less tentative and mixed it up like a bigger version of GSP...Only not as good. After Machida, you could see a clear difference in his approach. He did not want to get hit or KO'd, he played it safe to the point where his fights became complete snoozers. He would not commit to anything, or set anything up anymore...Or use strikes to transition to grappling.

It was like a rehabilitated deer who got struck by a car and now he won't even cross the road even when there is no traffic. Poor analogy I know.

Suga's career is nothing but downfall after loss against Jones

Before the Machida fight he was far less tentative and mixed it up like a bigger version of GSP...Only not as good. After Machida, you could see a clear difference in his approach. He did not want to get hit or KO'd, he played it safe to the point where his fights became complete snoozers. He would not commit to anything, or set anything up anymore...Or use strikes to transition to grappling.

It was like a rehabilitated deer who got struck by a car and now he won't even cross the road even when there is no traffic. Poor analogy I know.
It had a lot less to do with Machida and a lot more to do with changing camps. Plus injuries.

Rashad has always been a guy who likes to sit back and counter. The difference is he used to have the speed to be successful with it.

He was getting picked apart by Forrest, Chuck, and even lost the first round to SEAN SALMON back in the day. But back then he had the speed and power to end it with 1 well placed shot. That hasn't been the case for a very long time now. He is continually unable to pull the trigger, and unable to land significantly when he does throw.

I bet against him vs Nog, Jones, Alvey, Kelly, Hendo, Bader, and Glover... got pretty good odds each time and though he deserved to lose the Hendo fight too, though neither guy did much of anything. Rashad looked the best he ever has in the Phil Davis fight IMO, and since then it has been all downhill.

It had a lot less to do with Machida and a lot more to do with changing camps. Plus injuries.

The camp change didn't help either, Blackzillians was a terrible idea. Before the Machida ko, he had never been beaten or knocked out...It seemed to have had quite the effect on him mentally.

Some fighters get knocked out and come back like it's nothing, and then there is Rashad.

Machida ruined what could have been a monster. He just took that confidence completely away from him with that KO.

I went into that fight liking both guys and hoping for a draw or at least a close decision...But the way Shad lost was...Machida took his fucking soul Shang Tsung style.

Every fight since then has been Rashad being a completely tentative/nervous fighter who will not commit.

I thought the same thing too, but actually his fights vs Rampage and Davis were 2 of his best wins and they both came after. If anything that fight taught him that he was NOT a good striker despite his knockouts, so he seemed to focus on his grappling for a while and that was when he was at his best IMO.

That's part of the reason I bet lil nog over him as a big underdog... Rashad was NOT going to be shooting takedowns on Nog and I never thought highly of his striking. Since that time the camp change and age have taken away all his wrestling ability too it seems, so he's got nothing left.

Funny that a guy with a Randleman username would shit on Chuck for his chin. You see the punch Chuck dropped Randleman with?

2ep7rk3.jpg

I like sam. I watch him when he's on. Hits pretty hard and makes beyond the most of his natural athletic ability.

But how the hell did rashad Evans lose to sam alvey? I missed this fight, and did not know they fought. Must have been buried lol.

But seriously, dude fights homes close, blasts out sonnen and ortiz and beats hendo.. Then loses to alvey.

Anybody actually watch this fighy?
Cause Rashad prime ended 3 years ago thats why

Combination of Evans doing nothing and Alvey doing a little. And Evans seemed to respect Alvey's left.

Back