How did rashad evans lose to sam alvey?

He didn't do jack shit the whole fight. Just backed away and circled with his back against the cage. Very inactive with his strikes. The fight was a stinker overall.
this. pretty much the same as the last 5-6 rashad fights. him pawing at air and bouncing around all athletic without throwing any strikes

Rashad is just well past his prime years now, I feel terrible for him because he could have had a much different career if his cards just fell another way. In circumstances like his and a few others in their twilight careers I believe that they should have like a "Legends League", where they can just TRT the hell out of themselves. I believe if he was on the same juice Belfort was most recently then we would see a completely different fighter. He seems to have all the tools but it's just like he forgets how to use them effectively.

Rashad is probably going back to LHW, and if he does....that belt is his. Just kidding<mma2><36>

Rashad is 38, gunshy and gets trapped at the fence. His reflexes are gone and he only has an average right hook and no other punches. He also lacks takedowns nowadays.

Fighters age... not always at the same time. Rashad has had his share of injuries over the years, and we don't know how he treated himself over the years... all I know is that the same dynamic fighter who beat Griffin, Liddell, Rampage, Ortiz and Phil Davis, is no longer. The guy who fought Sam Alvey looked like a mear shadow of Rashad Evans... full props to Alvey, but Evans has been on the decline for a number of years... that decline has been steep and rapid...

Or maybe it's because he's 40 years old.. and has looked bad for the past 6 years now...
And maybe being off of the juice exasperated his age and ring rust.

Just tells me withough juice. Alvey would have beat him 6 years ago

Rashad is all messed up and old as heck. That is how. His chin is gone. He has not evolved his game much. His opponents all watch his tapes. He is easy pickings for the youth of the UFC. Dude should retire. He is beyond stepping stone calibre now.

Half the commissions won't even sanction him to fight anymore. Somethings up with him in a very bad way..... If two commissions in two separate countries refuse to allow you to scrap, then that is a sign you should get out of the game. The fact one did is a slap in the face to fighter safety..

Rashad's old, and people have played up his striking ability ever since Liddell.

The reality is that when he couldn't rely on his wrestling or an overly aggressive opponent, he's always struggled.

Look at every single one of his losses. At LHW, they were to guys that could force exchanges by neutralizing his wrestling. At MW, again, it was because those guys could turn it into striking matches.

Hell, look at his close wins. Again, it was guys who could trouble him on the feet and/ or stave off his wrestling.

The reality is all of Rashad's striking comes from his right side. His overhand right and kick are the two strikes on the feet you need to watch out for. But beyond throwing them as counters, he doesn't have many set ups for them, meaning it's easy to be aware of them.

He could land them a bit more reliably due to his speed when he was younger, but he's lost that.

Rashad was a quality LHW, and in his prime he certainly was a solid contender, but his style was never one that was going to lend itself to longevity.

Back