How did they take pictures or film movies without the camera shown in the mirror?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember watching older movies and they would show the mirror yet no camera was shown, i always womdered how they took pictures or filmed a mirrior without seeing the camera, someone told me what they did was paste a photo of the background reflection seen in the mirror onto the mirror.

angles/hidden

angles/hidden

Angles? Im talking direct in front, like when they show someone who is a vampire and he cant seemhis reflection looking direct in the mirror type deal. I know now they can just photoshop edit the camera out but im talking older movies before they had super computer software that looked real

Angles? Im talking direct in front, like when they show someone who is a vampire and he cant seemhis reflection looking direct in the mirror type deal. I know now they can just photoshop edit the camera out but im talking older movies before they had super computer software that looked real

hidden then. google it. it's explained in detail.

They use some crazy angles man

Occam's razor.

That was indeed an actual vampire they used.

Really @TidWell, sometimes, I don't think you're even trying.

They use some crazy angles man
LOL man I laughed hard reading your comment and seeing Larry David and then picturing him in his voice saying that

Occam's razor.

That was indeed an actual vampire they used.

Really @TidWell, sometimes, I don't think you're even trying.

Wait so they really are blood suckers in Hollywood? I thought that was just a saying.

They don't use real mirrors. They bring in DDL to play a mirror

Carefully chosen angles and two way mirrors would be my guess

Might not be a mirror, just a set that looks like a mirror.

They use those mirrors that don't actuate show a reflection, but rather are a window into another dimension.

Yeah and now they claiming sexual harassment, they should just own up to it.

In a serious answer to your Q, off the top of my head, they might not have had CGI back then, but they had 'camera tricks'.

There was alot they could do with cameras to create effects, and manipulate film footage in those days in editing and create special effects such as the mirror thing.

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing they could film 2 different shots, and super-impose one onto the other, combining 2 seperate shots/bits of footage, to create 1 shot/bit of footage.

Last edited:
Back