How Different (If At All) Would The Dark Knight Rises Be If Ledger Hadn't Of Died?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's obvious he would have returned as The Joker, but in what capacity? Would he have been the main villain again or would his role have been reduced to just a cameo in only a scene or two? I mean, as legendary as Ledger's performance was, I could see Nolan wanting to go with a different villain for novelty sake.

What I find funny is that so much of what Bane did would have fit Joker's character to a T as well: Taking over the city (this was actually his next master plan at the end of TDK before he got caught), revealing the truth about Harvey Dent, trapping most of the police force in the sewers, kidnapping Batman and hooking him up with satellite feed to Gotham so that he can be forced to watch its citizens tear each other apart (Joker actually prophesied this in TDK during the interrogation scene; He told Batman "When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other.")

More dweebs dressing up as him on Halloween or any event that requires them to dress in costume.

So it would be good for those people and bad for everyone else who has to be around all those creeps

More dweebs dressing up as him on Halloween or any event that requires them to dress in costume.

So it would be good for those people and bad for everyone else who has to be around all those creeps
If I'm such a dweeb then how come I'm crying right now? <28>

FB_IMG_1540001773182.jpg fuck you

As far as I know Chris was gonna have him play scarecrows part in rises. Nothing more than a glorified,cameo

Hard to say since Nolan hasnt really given any info as far as I know. I do know he said that BUrtons biggest mistake was killing Joker in the first film, so obviously he would have had further use for him.

Nolan doesnt work on scripts while handling projects. There was no TDKR script before Heath died. So it's impossible to say. I think with the overwhelmingly positive reaction to the character he would've been a central force in the follow up. No way that Nolan would only give him a cameo

As far as I know Chris was gonna have him play scarecrows part in rises. Nothing more than a glorified,cameo

No way The Joker does that scene just as a cameo. The Joker's character would never be content with just being part of the herd; If he got loose, he'd either try escaping the city (with no Batman around anymore) or overthrowing Bane.

No way The Joker does that scene just as a cameo. The Joker's character would never be content with just being part of the herd; If he got loose, he'd either try escaping the city (with no Batman around anymore) or overthrowing Bane.
In the novelization it says Joker is the sole prisoner at Arkham during those events

Cameo. Its obvious that Scarecrow's role was originally meant for The Joker.

I think Nolan was going to make three distinct flicks regardless. Doubt he would've done a predictable Joker centric flick, just because he was popular.

Back