xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
delete thread please.

i know my path now

Last edited:
Crash the event and just bang

Last edited:
Unless youre trying to do an unsanctioned smoker, you have to be registered with USA Boxing.

Go to a boxing gym and lie about your experience and ask when the next smoker is. They'll probably sniff out your bullshit but if they have a sense of humor maybe they'll let you bang.

You can always just show up to a gym and ask to hard spar an amateur boxer if they have one.

Otherwise do what Sinister said and register on USA boxing.

Whatever you do, post a video.

Go to a boxing gym and lie about your experience and ask when the next smoker is. They'll probably sniff out your bullshit but if they have a sense of humor maybe they'll let you bang.

You can always just show up to a gym and ask to hard spar an amateur boxer if they have one.

Otherwise do what Sinister said and register on USA boxing.

Whatever you do, post a video.
thanks dude

I will 100% a video.

Last edited:
tbhdude if u r over 21 go pro dont mess with amateur boxing thats for kids trying to gain experience if u r over 21 age is against you boxing is a young mans game and u might as well get paid for your troubles and have the bragging rights of saying you are a pro boxer

also scoring will work best for you as they wont have headgear to save there chins from your massive haymakers

tbhdude if u r over 21 go pro dont mess with amateur boxing thats for kids trying to gain experience if u r over 21 age is against you boxing is a young mans game and u might as well get paid for your troubles and have the bragging rights of saying you are a pro boxer

also scoring will work best for you as they wont have headgear to save there chins from your massive haymakers

I agree, I would love to do that. Hell... I would even PAY just to have a professional boxing fight... just for the chance to prove myself.
I was under the assumption that you wouldn't be able to get a professional boxing match without having to prove yourself in the amateurs. How do I go straight to pros?

I agree, I would love to do that. Hell... I would even PAY just to have a professional boxing fight... just for the chance to prove myself.
I was under the assumption that you wouldn't be able to get a professional boxing match without having to prove yourself in the amateurs. How do I go straight to pros?
in australia you probably wouldn't get sanctioned, tents fights where pretty good though. not many around any more. are you a long way from a boxing gym? and how much sparing would you say you do?

Honestly you should not do any of this without training you will get absolutely smoked and possibly hurt very badly.

in australia you probably wouldn't get sanctioned, tents fights where pretty good though. not many around any more. are you a long way from a boxing gym? and how much sparing would you say you do?

like a 20 minute drive to the closest boxing gym... but it seems like its mostly kids.

*sigh* I might as well vent, since you guys are actually trying to help and not trolling.

So here it is:

Edited OP

Honestly you should not do any of this without training you will get absolutely smoked and possibly hurt very badly.

The refs do a good job. Combat sports is safer then people make it out to be. Even if I do get injured/concussed its no big deal. Ill recover, I'll go back to my cubicle job, and I'll have closure in knowing at least I went for it.

Thats worst case scenerio though. I dont think I'll get smoked, which is the whole point of this thread. I think Ill do the smoking.

Thanks for the concern though. It's rare to see Sherdoggers actually care.

The refs do a good job. Combat sports is safer then people make it out to be. Even if I do get injured/concussed its no big deal. Ill recover, I'll go back to my cubicle job, and I'll have closure in knowing at least I went for it.

Thats worst case scenerio though. I dont think I'll get smoked, which is the whole point of this thread. I think Ill do the smoking.

Thanks for the concern though. It's rare to see Sherdoggers actually care.

You cannot say that the refs do a good job like youve been there if you haven't.

If youre doing this to prove it to yourself, go to a gym, talk to a trainer. get on a 5 - 8 week training program and then box someone from another gym. you get all the fun ,the chills, the adrenaline, without it being in front lf your loved ones against someone 10x better than you, who will most likely give you a concussion.

the discipline of dedicated training in fight campwill do more for you than anything else.

You cannot say that the refs do a good job like youve been there if you haven't.

If youre doing this to prove it to yourself, go to a gym, talk to a trainer. get on a 5 - 8 week training program and then box someone from another gym. you get all the fun ,the chills, the adrenaline, without it being in front lf your loved ones against someone 10x better than you, who will most likely give you a concussion.

the discipline of dedicated training in fight campwill do more for you than anything else.

The thing with Boxing is if you get knocked down you can just stay down and its done so you dont even have to rely on the ref.

I will probably end up doing what you said. Also I wouldnt bring my loved ones to the fight because theyll try to convince me out of it to begin with. I'd be by myself most likely unless someone else joins me on my journey.

The thing with Boxing is if you get knocked down you can just stay down and its done so you dont even have to rely on the ref.

I will probably end up doing what you said. Also I wouldnt bring my loved ones to the fight because theyll try to convince me out of it to begin with. I'd be by myself most likely unless someone else joins me on my journey.
if your real serious about doing it, train your ass of at home and then find a boxing gym that has fighters around your size that are willing to do a bit of sparing. it will give you a gauge of where your at. of you don't want to find out in sparing be prepared to find out the hard way, if you can even get a fight.

if your real serious about doing it, train your ass of at home and then find a boxing gym that has fighters around your size that are willing to do a bit of sparing. it will give you a gauge of where your at. of you don't want to find out in sparing be prepared to find out the hard way, if you can even get a fight.

Ill do this

You could just start punching people in the face, someone is bound to fight back eventually.

One way you could dip your feet in the water is to do a charity amateur event. Those are usually people with no to little experience that have just trained for the charity fight. The organization will guide you through whatever you need to do to participate.

But seriously, you're retarded, go to a gym.

Hey thought i’d Just chime in after you’ve edited your OP. I can tell you from personal experience that there are coaches out there that will adapt to your skill set and help you train in a way that is best suited for you. Not every fighter has the same natural skill set, and thus it would be foolish to train them like they do. Now obviously this is hard for a coach/trainer to do for your standard class where it’s just basically partner work, so I would focus your search on a reputable coach who offers private 1on1 lessons.

You may have to go through several coaches until you find one that is willing to adapt and play to your strengths, but it will be worth it in the end if this is what you want.

Lastly, I would take the advice others have said and do some sparring, specifically hard sparring, before stepping into the ring for real. You may be able to pull off the moves in shadow boxing and sparring with your friend, but doing them against a trained opponent at full speed, with your adrenaline pumping and your conditioning being pushed to the max is a completely different animal, and it is one that should be done in training before the ring.

I've been watching MMA for a while, and I've been shadowboxing and light sparring, and coming up with all these creative ways to move. Then I watched Prince Naseem Highlights and realized that the shit I've been doing has actually already been done. But the fact that it's being done only at the most advanced level makes me confident, because the moves came naturally to me without having been taught them.

Lol did this guy seriously just say he thinks he's doing what Prince Naseem was doing because he taught himself to shadowbox after watching some MMA fights?

Dude you're going to get mauled by a guy with actual training.

Lol did this guy seriously just say he thinks he's doing what Prince Naseem was doing because he taught himself to shadowbox after watching some MMA fights?

Dude you're going to get mauled by a guy with actual training.
Quit being a buzzkill! I wanna see Charlie Z #2!!

Quit being a buzzkill! I wanna see Charlie Z #2!!

I realize what I said was maybe a bit mean and perhaps not constructive. I guess is TS is young (although not that young), inexperienced, and very obviously has the hubris that accompanies youth and inexperience. A lot of guys think they're better than they really are before they actually step into a gym. What TS needs is a bit of humility and a smack of reality. But it seems he is afraid of being told that he's wrong and won't do this the right way of going to an actual gym. He already thinks he knows better than trainers he's never even met.

I dont want to go to a gym with a coach that teaches traditional boxing as they would say everything I'm doing is wrong. I feel comfortable in both Southpaw and Orthodox and I feel like coaches would say something like, "no you cant switch stances, you have to do it the traditional way, you cant have your dominant hand leading". I have the ability to leap in like Prince Naseem.
This says a lot about your attitude TS. You never even been to a gym so how would you know. Drop your ego and learn from an actual trainer if you are serious about this. Naseem could do those things because he's Naseem, and he had a trainer that taught him that style. You have neither a trainer nor Naseem's natural ability. Fighters with natural ability also honed said abilities after years, if not a lifetime, of training. Even if you happened to be blessed with a hidden talent, you never did the work to sharpen that talent. Shadowboxing with your friend isn't going to cut it.

Back