How do I know if my fridge will fit

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
First of all lol at lakersfan what dumb idiot don’t know how measurements work.

Okay now that’s out of the way I’m looking to buy a new fridge. My kitchen has a built in where the fridge should be with cabinetry/ on the top. When I measure from the floor to the bottom of the cabinet opening it measures exactly 72 inches. The fridge I want to get measures 71 and 7/8 inches. The width is perfect I measure 37 and fridge is 36. My question is the height cutting it too close. Is this a situation where I should be making sure there’s an inch extra. Or is it made to fit exactly in and that’s why the height is 72 inches.

Also wheat thins and cheese it’s 4 lyfe !

unless your fridge opens like a lambo you should be fine

Can you measure it at the store?

does the fridge have those door swivels at the top? that might add to it. Other than that, you should be fine.

idKk8BX.gif

A tight fit is good.

Can you measure it at the store?
I can see the measurement online. It’s 71 and 7/8 inches. My opening is 72. Basically I’m asking if I’m cutting it too close. Any fridge experts around here

How about go to Home Depot and Lowes and ask them? That's all they do.

I remember from maths lessons that you're going to need Pythagoras to work this one out.

I can see the measurement online. It’s 71 and 7/8 inches. My opening is 72. Basically I’m asking if I’m cutting it too close. Any fridge experts around here
What's stopping you from going to a physical store to measure the fridge with the same tool you used for the kitchen space?

This will answer all your questions and then some:

Speak to Larry down at the depo, he'll know.

Or any older guy wearing an apron. Look for loose slacks and new balance sneakers.

Last edited:
What's stopping you from going to a physical store to measure the fridge with the same tool you used for the kitchen space?
I can do that. But it will
Measure out to 71 and 7/8. I’m asking if that will fit into a 72 inch space

See if you can find a store that has it so you can measure.

When you open the door won't that make it slightly wider?

Fridges are standard sizes. If your current fridge is approx 72, the new one will fit.

Fridges are standard sizes. If your current fridge is approx 72, the new one will fit.
My current one is 69 inches and I hate it. That’s why I want a new one

If you can see it on display and measure it yourself then you would be able to tell... that's why I asked.

Just make sure your space measurement and the fridge measurement are using the same kind of inches.

My current one is 69 inches and I hate it. That’s why I want a new one
Where are you measuring from? You’re supposed to just measure the opening/space for the appliance.

Back