How do people not understand the cardio difference between MMA & Boxing?

Totally agree TS. Give Conor more rest and he can land bombs all day.
Please elaborate, thanks.

Conor went near 30 minutes and wasn't even knocked out. My point was proven. Punching kicking grappling > boxing. Boxing doesn't take as much stamina. Conor went longer than any of his mma fights

Well yeah, he gassed in round 5, looked like shit and got humiliated and then TKOd in round 10.
Also your point was that Conor would have a cardio advantage over Floyd because MMA is tougher and has less breaks compared to Boxing. How exactly was that proven?

MMA
5 minute rounds, 1 minute rest per round.
4 total minutes of rest for a 5 round fight & 25 minutes of:
punching, kicking, defending takedowns, checking kicks, clinching
5:1 ratio of action to rest

Boxing
3 minute rounds, 1 minute rest per round.
11 total minutes of rest for a 12 round fight & 36 minutes of:
punching, and only punching
3:1 ratio of action to rest doing a much less strenuous activity.

What the fuck do you clowns not understand about this? It doesn't take some mythical level of cardio to go the distance in a boxing fight. You exert much less energy. The rounds are shorter, and you have 2.5 times the amount of rest you get in a MMA fight. HW boxers go the distance ALL THE TIME.
Gloves are heavier though..it makes a difference

lol are you kidding? Look i've done boxing nearly my entire life. I personally felt Conor was on the verge of collapsing via heart attack if he continued a few more rounds the way it was going. I don't even think the TKO was a result of even being hurt. it was more about being tired and not having no legs.

Conor lost via TKO because he had nothing left.

I'm really not sure if there is an answer in which takes more stamina. as i said in my original post... both sports use different muscles and different paces...

My first time grappling I thought I was fantastic and the shit was easy... but shit.. as soon as the dude got off me I felt so goddamn light headed I thought if I stood up i'd potentially pass out. and I've seen numerous other guys who have great endurance and cardio in general throw up after a few minutes of grappling.

its just different muscles being used. there isn't an answer to which takes more stamina. if MMA took that much more stamina, then Conor wouldn't have fatigued. the man was totally done.

you created this post to somehow convince people Conor wouldn't fatigue because MMA>BOXING in cardio.. but Conor clearly was tired as shit.
Conor is walking around too big and heavy. He needs to shed some muscle mass. Look at his fight vs Holloway. He was much leaner than he is now and fought an intense pace for 15 minutes without gassing even a little. He needs to get back to that shape.

He didnt quit you absolute retard. Against Nate, even Nate said he didnt quit. Who gives a shut about reality.

You should quit, just like your hero. He got broken mentally and then physically

Conor is walking around too big and heavy. He needs to shed some muscle mass. Look at his fight vs Holloway. He was much leaner than he is now and fought an intense pace for 15 minutes without gassing even a little. He needs to get back to that shape.

LOL I love the excuse making

I agree that MMA requires more cardio (usually - depends a bit on the fighters styles though). Why is Conor looking so fucked after 9 rounds? And more to the point, why does he visibly look so fucked. One of the first things I was taught when I started training was not to show fatigue/pain to the opponent as they will jump on it. Someone should tell Conor.

Lol - what a bad analysis. A lot of us called that McGregor would gas. McGregor even said a large part of his camp was trying to work on being able to box for 12 rounds. Lol at thinking being prepared for a 5 round MMA fight is going to mean you are prepared to box 12 rounds.

Yeah... size and muscle mass have no impact on conditioning. Totally brah.
logo.png

LOL ok fanboy

conor should've brought you in for camp, because apparently kavanagh never told him that
There's a big difference in Conor's conditioning from now, to when he came to the UFC. He was much leaner back then and could fight at a high pace for a long time. He needs to get back to that.

How dare you for a second imagine that this pack of fat virgins would see the reason and logic in what you just said??? Have you forgotten? This is the alternate reality of Sherdoge, where logic does not exist and popular stupidity reigns supreme...

Of course it's a huge difference.
I've experienced it myself.
When I was training for my amateur MMA fight (2x5 min rounds) I would last about 3-4 rounds of sparring before I gassed and felt my muscles straining and shaking. In every round, I'd start breathing heavy and slowing down around the 3 minute mark.
When I was preparing for my kickboxing fight (3x3 minute rounds), I could spar and do bags for upwards of 15 rounds easily (and some days I'd do additional strength training/cardio due to having energy to spare). It was THAT much easier, and we're talking kickboxing here, which is higher pace than boxing and includes kicking and knees, which increase energy expenditure massively (lower part of body is bigger = more energy needed).
Lasting 12 rounds in boxing is no big deal. 3 minute rounds are a cakewalk.
Still, don't expect idiots here to agree, despite not having a single second of fighting experience.

<36>

There's a big difference in Conor's conditioning from now, to when he came to the UFC. He was much leaner back then and could fight at a high pace for a long time. He needs to get back to that.

But he's on the FAST conditioning program?

I agree that MMA requires more cardio (usually - depends a bit on the fighters styles though). Why is Conor looking so fucked after 9 rounds? And more to the point, why does he visibly look so fucked. One of the first things I was taught when I started training was not to show fatigue/pain to the opponent as they will jump on it. Someone should tell Conor.

I keep saying this! There are fighters that are known to fade in fights. Their output slows but they keep a game face on. Conor just hitches up his skirts and opens his legs, its not a good look

Dude just admit you were wrong already lol geesh

so Conor worked hard on his cardio, focused on it for the majority of his camp, yet somehow his cardio got worse?

But with the massive cardio advantage that MMA pros have over boxing pros, Conor shouldnt have had any problems, no?

I mean we are talking 5:1 vs 3:1 action to rest ratio and all that...

Back