How do people not understand the cardio difference between MMA & Boxing?

Dude just admit you were wrong already lol geesh

so Conor worked hard on his cardio, focused on it for the majority of his camp, yet somehow his cardio got worse?
How did his cardio get worse when he went 30 minutes? lol??

MMA
5 minute rounds, 1 minute rest per round.
4 total minutes of rest for a 5 round fight & 25 minutes of:
punching, kicking, defending takedowns, checking kicks, clinching
5:1 ratio of action to rest

Boxing
3 minute rounds, 1 minute rest per round.
11 total minutes of rest for a 12 round fight & 36 minutes of:
punching, and only punching
3:1 ratio of action to rest doing a much less strenuous activity.

What the fuck do you clowns not understand about this? It doesn't take some mythical level of cardio to go the distance in a boxing fight. You exert much less energy. The rounds are shorter, and you have 2.5 times the amount of rest you get in a MMA fight. HW boxers go the distance ALL THE TIME.

One is aerobic, the other is anaerobic.

What? Both require oxygen lol.

The do but the levels on intensity and frequency are different, and more importantly the training involved. In MMA you rely more on your muscles. In boxing you rely more on your cardiovasuclar system.

You think there is logic and reason in that horseshit, lol? All he did was total up the minutes. Which has absolutely no bearing on how much energy is actually expended during a fight.

Person A walks at a casual pace for 5 minute then rests for 1 min.

Person B sprints all out for 5 minutes then rests for 1 minute.

Both have the same "action:rest" ratio. Which do you think required more effort?

Correct. The analysis is beyond superficial.

You would need to average out energy expenditure for both sports using the same weight class to even have a ROUGH idea.

MMA
5 minute rounds, 1 minute rest per round.
4 total minutes of rest for a 5 round fight & 25 minutes of:
punching, kicking, defending takedowns, checking kicks, clinching
5:1 ratio of action to rest

Boxing
3 minute rounds, 1 minute rest per round.
11 total minutes of rest for a 12 round fight & 36 minutes of:
punching, and only punching
3:1 ratio of action to rest doing a much less strenuous activity.

What the fuck do you clowns not understand about this? It doesn't take some mythical level of cardio to go the distance in a boxing fight. You exert much less energy. The rounds are shorter, and you have 2.5 times the amount of rest you get in a MMA fight. HW boxers go the distance ALL THE TIME.
Sorry. Conor fans only believe in one thing. It's a shame how he will fall like Rhonda did

There's a big difference in Conor's conditioning from now, to when he came to the UFC. He was much leaner back then and could fight at a high pace for a long time. He needs to get back to that.
tenor.gif

LOL excuses excuses. Let me guess. He was inefficient with his energy? Or was it too much steak?
I already said, he's gotten too big. The evidence in his build and performances is clear. 15 hard minutes against Max, never gassed, never slowed.

I already said, he's gotten too big. The evidence in his build and performances is clear. 15 hard minutes against Max, never gassed, never slowed.

Against a guy with a broken foot.. Yea I would imagine the pace would be easier. And Conor didn't tear his acl until the end of the 2nd

how mad will you be when he smashes nate and ferg? trigglypuff mad?

Why would I be mad? Its already proven that he doesn't do well against guys his own size. Ferg is as tall as Nate with similar reach, same gas tank, but stronger with better TD's and wrestling. Ferg is going to beat him, if he gets past Lee (which he should, albiet an injury).

Back