How Do You Cook Your Steaks?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just wanted to hear some of the different methods you guys use. I've recently got my first place and I've been trying to cook at least 5 nights a week just because before moving out I had no cooking skills what so ever and learning has been really fun and it's a good skill to have that saves money when you just get out on your own.

I'm cooking some steaks tonight. I looked at a few videos on YouTube to see how best to cook a steak. I'm doing a couple of ribeyes. Generously salted and peppered on both sides. A bit of olive oil in the pan of course. Cast iron pan to be exact. Then letting them sear with about half a stick of butter, a bit of fresh thyme and a couple garlic cloves.

I've been told its good to sort of rub the garlic cloves onto the steaks as you cook them so I'm going to do that too. This will be my first time trying this method, previously I'd throw my steaks in any old pan throw some McCormick griller seasoning on that bitch and let it go for about 6-7 minutes a side. The method I'm trying now sounds like they'll taste a lot better.

So how do you guys like cooking your steaks? What's your method?

tumblr_o5hrlsfYmW1vr2vt8o1_500.gif

I grill mine....

fine medium steak with ketchup always hits the spot

even in winter I grill .. out of gas now though .. they always look weird when u do them in oven or in frying pan.

Sear in garlic butter then sous vide at 129f

then smother in ketchup

Stew them in ketchup.

Lowerys spice, some olive oil and a hot stove top is really all you need.

All you ketchup fucks are making me sick to my stomach.

Just wanted to hear some of the different methods you guys use. I've recently got my first place and I've been trying to cook at least 5 nights a week just because before moving out I had no cooking skills what so ever and learning has been really fun and it's a good skill to have that saves money when you just get out on your own.

I'm cooking some steaks tonight. I looked at a few videos on YouTube to see how best to cook a steak. I'm doing a couple of ribeyes. Generously salted and peppered on both sides. A bit of olive oil in the pan of course. Cast iron pan to be exact. Then letting them sear with about half a stick of butter, a bit of fresh thyme and a couple garlic cloves.

I've been told its good to sort of rub the garlic cloves onto the steaks as you cook them so I'm going to do that too. This will be my first time trying this method, previously I'd throw my steaks in any old pan throw some McCormick griller seasoning on that bitch and let it go for about 6-7 minutes a side. The method I'm trying now sounds like they'll taste a lot better.

So how do you guys like cooking your steaks? What's your method?

tumblr_o5hrlsfYmW1vr2vt8o1_500.gif
A good steak doesnt need anything other than a little bit of olive oil and salt. Let the room temp steak sit for about 15 minutes with the oil and salt on it then throw that bitch on a barbeque, and eat it rare. Never takes long and always tastes great.

I like medium/medium rare tbh. Medium rare if I'm at a real steakhouse.

Will be endulging on New Year's Eve, actually

Grilled. At all times.
D3383BCC-7FF5-45FB-885D-C5AD9818F513.jpeg

Extra well done in tallow and dip them in Ketchup and mayonnaise.

I bake mine usually at 400°f oiled, and wrapped in foil until it's light pink in the middle. I used to cook it well done until ended up liking medium rare better since like the inside to be soft and outside to be crispy.

Salt pepper on the grill medium rare. If it's really shitty cut I'll use A1

I bake mine usually at 400°f oiled, and wrapped in foil until it's light pink in the middle. I used to cook it well done until ended up liking medium rare better since like the inside to be soft and outside to be crispy.
Never tried baking one before. Sounds good though.

Broiler in the oven, About 4-5 minutes a side. This is for apartment steaks of course, otherwise outdoor grill is king.

Back