How do you defeat a really strong opponent that have +70 pound weight advantage at white belt bjj?

Having dealt, and still dealing with a similar situation, I would have to say that there is no magic bullet. But, work on one goal at a time each roll, i.e. no matter what, I will not be pulled into his guard or no matter what, he will not take my arm, finish me in mount, catch me in an arm triangle, etc... Learn how to stop one thing at a time. You won't stop it all, but you will progress. If you get a dominant position, just focus on keeping it, no matter what. Don't go for a submission right away, learn how to maintain side control on a bigger, stronger opponent.
When you deal with a stronger opponent in a tournament, the strength issue won't be nearly as big a deal.

Step 1- Pull Spider Guard.
Step 2- Transition to Double DLR
Step 3- Transition to X Guard
Step 4- Create space and transition to RDLR
Step 5- Frame and transition to Lasso SLx Guard
Step 6(This is the key step)- transition to DLR
Step 7- Berimbolo to the back
Step 8- Get Seatbelt and hooks(dont cross feet!)
Step 9-Handfight for the RNC/ Bow and Arrow

It is not that hard if you don't skip a step and make sure you frame!

• Drug him in the locker room before rolling
  • bring a gun
  • Bring 15 other white belts. He can take on 1 midget, but prob can't take on 15

That's about it

• Drug him in the locker room before rolling
  • bring a gun
  • Bring 15 other white belts. He can take on 1 midget, but prob can't take on 15
That's about it
When in doubt ground and pound :D

To be more specific
1) How you begin the match if you cannot take him down? Pulling guard seems help him side control me.

10: Hop into a time machine and start working on your takedowns until you can take him down.

2) How do get out of side control?

20: GOTO 10

3) How do you hide your arm, so he cannot do any type of arm submission, when your opponent have you on side control?

Keep your fuggin elbows closed.

You ever see home alone? Like that.

4) How do you break they closed guard? Standing up and lifting your opponent´s weight will destroy your knees.

Ezekiel choke.

5) Which are the best submissions to apply?

Ezekiel choke.

If anyone disagrees? Ezekiel choke them.

Troll thread....

Or the guy's only ego training....

No shit Sherlock the way bigger guy at the same level as u is going to pound you stupid!

Didn't you ever fight in HS?

Troll thread....

To be more specific
1) How you begin the match if you cannot take him down? Pulling guard seems help him side control me.
2) How do get out of side control?
3) How do you hide your arm, so he cannot do any type of arm submission, when your opponent have you on side control?
4) How do you break they closed guard? Standing up and lifting your opponent´s weight will destroy your knees.
5) Which are the best submissions to apply?

Why can't you take them down?

Marcelo Garcia style. Look it up on youtube.

I hide my hand in their armpit. Keep your elbow tight.

Marcelo style. Youtube it.

Chokes.

This part of an article from grapple arts - you can get the rest with some good videos from their site

Fighting bigger people sucks.

It's really frustrating when your techniques fail simply because someone is bigger, heavier and stronger than you.

Which is why I want to share a secret with you today!

The single most important thing you can do to thrive and survive against bigger, stronger opponents is to gripfight, gripfight, gripfight.

Ultimately it's the grip that allows some dude who is 20, 40 or even 80 lbs heavier to ragdoll you all over the mat and nullify your technique through sheer strength and weight.

But if he can't get a solid grip on you then he can't control you.

Which then allows you to turn the tables on him, launching your own attacks and putting him on the defensive for a while.

You can use gripfighting in two different ways...

The first way is defensive gripfighting.

This includes pre-emptively blocking his grips... simply not allowing him to get his mitts on you in the first place.

The keys to blocking grips are awareness and determination.

You need to be aware of what your opponent wants to do, the grips that would allow him to control you, and the tricks and strategems that he's going to try to get there.

And you need to be 100% determined not to just give him those grips.

Dylan Thomas said, 'Do not go gentle into that good night.' I'm no poet, but I'm telling you, 'Do not go gentle into his good grips!!!'

Defensive gripfighting also includes stripping his grips to actually remove his hands from your gi and your body.

If you use biomechanically correct techniques then this isn't neccesarily as hard as it sounds. If you can 'gang up' on one of his grips by using both your hands and the movement of your body then you can generate a LOT of force.

Force that makes it very very difficult for him to hang onto you, even if he's got big giant meathooks at the end of his wrists.

The second way you can use gripfighting to defend yourself against a larger opponent is offensively.

Eventually you're going to have to take the fight to your opponent.

At some point you're going to have to close the distance, establish some kind of control over him, and then unleash your own gameplan.

But a lot of people don't understand that gripfighting doesn't need to be a symmetrical proposition... It is entirely possible for you to get grips which are good for your game without allowing him to get the grips he needs for his game.

You can set up your grips in such a way that you stack the deck in your favor, putting him on the defensive right away.

You just need to know what to do.

Jiu jitsu players hate him...

You know, I was only half kidding. I weigh about 260 so the guys that outweigh me by seventy pounds are 330. I think I've knee push swept everyone I've rolled with that size or bigger the last few years. It's like kick starting a motorcycle. They can never stay up.

Back