How do you rate my jab? ( quick shadow boxing)

this video will put your arguement to rest and it explains how your suppose to put a little hip rotation into your punch. Skip to 1.30 @spacetime

Last edited:
I feel like ironkhan vs space time would actually be a good fight

I feel like ironkhan vs space time would actually be a good fight

He knows I would whoop his ass, he ain't got nothing on me lol. Every instructor i have trained with has told me when throwing a jab, to turn the fist over, use a snapping motion (one instructor taught me that) and to slightly rotate my hips. And he's calling me the noob when hes posting useless videos on this forum, not listening to any advice people are giving him, and for a limited time using his own facts instead of others.

Yeah that's what I called him out on when he posted a previous video of himself on the bag. He flares the elbow. But he wouldn't listen to me so I doubt he'll listen to you. He just wants yes men to respond.

Why didn't you tell Ali that too before he passed away. You know the arguably greatest HW of all time?

Why didn't you tell Ali that too before he passed away. You know the arguably greatest HW of all time?

I'm really bored at work so I'm just responding to random threads, how tf are you going to use ali as an example when he fought a century ago? Yes he is the greatest and most iconic heavyweight boxer of all time. But how do you think he would fare against someone like Mike Tyson, or anthony joshua. Back then his style of fighting was good, and NEWS SPLASH, your not Muhammed ali, and you are not a boxer or a fighter who has been training boxing for a while. Your just a 29 year old adult, who waste his time trying to troll or just get responses out of people, the people in here are more experienced then you and they would beat the shit outta you in the ring and on the streets. So if your going to respond with your own facts make sure you got some credibility or have been training boxing for at least 6 months.

I'm really bored at work so I'm just responding to random threads, how tf are you going to use ali as an example when he fought a century ago? Yes he is the greatest and most iconic heavyweight boxer of all time. But how do you think he would fare against someone like Mike Tyson, or anthony joshua. Back then his style of fighting was good, and NEWS SPLASH, your not Muhammed ali, and you are not a boxer or a fighter who has been training boxing for a while. Your just a 29 year old adult, who waste his time trying to troll or just get responses out of people, the people in here are more experienced then you and they would beat the shit outta you in the ring and on the streets. So if your going to respond with your own facts make sure you got some credibility or have been training boxing for at least 6 months.

Just responding to the bolded, he'd soundly outbox Joshua. Tyson is a more complicated matchup, but at worst it's an extremely even fight.

Just responding to the bolded, he'd soundly outbox Joshua. Tyson is a more complicated matchup, but at worst it's an extremely even fight.

I have not watched any of Anthony joshua's fights tbh, I just know hes one of the best right now. But Mike Tyson I study him all the time. And I think he would beat ali but ali would still be one of the best of all time.

Tell him that @spacetime flares his elbow while jabbing and only wants to hear from yes men? I think Ali was in enough pain at the time no need to add woe.

I have not watched any of Anthony joshua's fights tbh, I just know hes one of the best right now. But Mike Tyson I study him all the time. And I think he would beat ali but ali would still be one of the best of all time.
You should at least watch his fight with klitschko that was an exciting fight.

"<Insert successful fighter X> had bad form, therefore my having bad form isn't a problem" is not a logical statement to make when it comes to the fight game. They were professionals and had the heuristics to know when they could be a little looser on their form. Muhammad Ali had a slightly flared jab? The man had really damn long arms - he could get away with it because of his reach.

You know who else had a tendency to drop his hand after throwing a jab? Joe Louis (aka the actual greatest heavyweight of all time, fight me). Know where it got him? Knocked the fuck out by Max Schmeling in their first bout. He specifically retrained his jab to avoid dropping it when he threw it.

The basics - including "don't flare your elbow" and "don't drop your hand after you punch" are the basics for a reason - they're important heuristic rules that help someone who lacks the experience to make on the fly judgements. Pros can get by with unorthodox technique either because they're pros and their situational awareness is so good that they don't need to worry so much about the downside, or because they have physical attributes that allow them to impose their game despite the flaws. I think the second option is still a bad idea, I don't care if you punch like a bomb going off, you should learn how to punch correctly, and safely.

And for all you go on about how you've got the right genetics and muscle make-up or whatever, spacetime, I strongly doubt that you fit into either of those categories.

I should, shouldn't i?
I would say so.
Foty contender, and the swan song for the most dominant champ recently. Also was very important to the current heavyweight picture seeing as that victory is used by many to say Joshuas record is more impressive than Wilders.

When you guys say flair ebow I assume you mean the jab hand doesn't extend straight but elbow goes out to the side?

Not heard that expression before at the gym

When you guys say flair ebow I assume you mean the jab hand doesn't extend straight but elbow goes out to the side?

Not heard that expression before at the gym
Yes. The elbow should be pointing down as you extend the arm, not move to the side.

And that's a fundamental basic rule taught in practically all striking arts: boxing, kickboxing, Karate, TKD, even Wing Chun.

Still "trolltime" knows best. :rolleyes:

And that's a fundamental basic rule taught in practically all striking arts: boxing, kickboxing, Karate, TKD, even Wing Chun.

Still "trolltime" knows best. :rolleyes:

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach

Good jab but I like to jump with left leg back and move a lot and move my head

Back