How do you rate the following politically oriented comedians on a 1-10 scale?

Since I didn't really follow the theme of the thread:

Amy Schumer - 3. Never really thought the shock-value humor was funny.
Sarah Silverman - 4. Funnier than most people on here will give her credit for, but still just okay.
Norm MacDonald - 9. Watch any clip of him on a late night show as a guest. Hilarious.
Bill Burr - 9. Probably the best stand-up comedian of his era.
Joe Rogan - 6. Goes back and forth between funny and horrible.
Michelle Wolf - 5. I only saw her correspondents dinner speech, and there were actually some good jokes in that speech. Say what you want about her, which you will since you don't like her politics, but she actually writes decent jokes. Besides her politics, I'm not sure why she got so much hate.
Jimmy Kimmel - I'm not sure, I don't really watch his show.
Greg Gutfeld - 0. Why is he even on here?
Jimmy Fallon - 5. He is what he is, a goofy late night show host with decent mainstream bits.
Seth Meyers - Never watched his show.
Bill Maher - 5. Pretty hit or miss, usually miss.
Sam Seder - Who?
Steven Crowder - 0. You really can't be less amusing than him.
Trevor Noah - 1. Hack, not funny, not creative, just redundant to me.
Kathy Griffin - 2. I honestly don't remember the last time I heard her make jokes, so I don't know. She's always been more annoying than funny to me.

Burr is the best of his generation because Greg Geraldo and Patrice O'Neil died.

I think it's a tough question because a lot of what people will find as good humor tends to overlap with if it aligns with their belief systems. I think that's the general issue that comedians are complaining about nowadays - that people seem incapable of simply appreciating the humor without politicizing it.

I think they're right and still being little bitches about it at the same time. They can't decide that they want to use to humor to poke at things and then be surprised when some of the people they're poking at don't like it. No one forces a comedian to write jokes that tweak anyone but they do it to generate attention and part of that is that some of that attention will be negative. It's weird when I see comedians arguing that being a comedian should be some kind of armor from negative social criticism by those who don't like the material.

As for the list itself - I think Bill Burr is funny and Trevor Noah's stand up is better than average (I don't watch the Daily Show so I won't judge that).

The rest of them are banal, bad or I haven't seen enough of their work to judge.

Only answering the ones I'm decently familiar with or have at least watched do standup.

Silverman - 4.
MacDonald - 8. He'd be higher if his delivery was better. I think he's a really funny guy who stumbles a bit when he speaks.
Burr - 9 from around 5 years ago, 7 recently.
Rogan - 5. I thought Triggered was pretty good, but I've never managed to sit through any other routine of his.
Kimmel - 6. (I've only seen bits from his show)
Fallon - 6.
Maher - 7. Maher is funny but he's missing the wit of somebody like Oliver, or in terms of standup Delaney.
Noah - 6.
Maher has 10x the wit of any person on this list except maybe Burr, or a prime pushing-the-envelope (not desperately-licking-it) Kimmel.

Oliver is purely scripted. It's been a long time since any Daily Show interviews where he had to run off some improv and repartee. That's every day with Maher.

sarah-silverman-cleavage-photo.jpg

Maher has 10x the wit of any person on this list except maybe Burr, or a prime pushing-the-envelope (not desperately-licking-it) Kimmel.

Oliver is purely scripted. It's been a long time since any Daily Show interviews where he had to run off some improv and repartee. That's every day with Maher.
I didn't compare Maher's wit directly with anyone else on this list. Indirectly, I put him third only behind Burr and MacDonald.

I'm thinking back to Oliver's standup. And while that isn't recent, neither is most of the work that I've watched from these people, including Maher.

Edit: Maybe replace wit with clever or shrewd. I wasn't really trying to say he's not able to joke in the moment as well other comedians.

Last edited:
This is separate from any sort of rating of the validity of their views, but solely on how entertaining they actually are. So for the political activists who are also involved in comedy in the following list, for the ones you know of I was wondering if you can give them a standard rating for their actual comedy content.

Amy Schumer
Sarah Silverman
Norm MacDonald
Greg Gutfeld
Bill Burr
Joe Rogan
Michelle Wolf
Jimmy Kimmel
Greg Gutfeld
Jimmy Fallon
Seth Meyers
Bill Maher
Sam Seder
Steven Crowder
Trevor Noah
Kathy Griffin

Amy Schumer 3

Sarah Silverman 8

Norm MacDonald 9

Greg Gutfeld Not familiar with him

Bill Burr 10 best comedian out there right now

Joe Rogan 7 only for his podcast. I'm not a fan of his stand up

Michelle Wolf Not familliar

Jimmy Kimmel 6, He used to be great before he turned into a giant pussy.

Greg Gutfeld Not familliar with him

Jimmy Fallon 7, although I don't consider him very political

Seth Meyers 2, never found him funny

Bill Maher 7, He has his moments

Sam Seder Not familliar

Steven Crowder 8, He can be painfully right wing, but his show is hilarious

Trevor Noah 0, I find it tacky when people make a living criticizing a country they're a guest at.

Kathy Griffin 2

Last edited:
Most of that list is full of really hacky daily show rejects who really arent funny at all and I dont wanna list 50 2s in a row so I will just speak on the cream of your crop

Bill Burr 9/10 Used to be a full 10 but hes slipped a bit lately with the changes in his life. His stand up is where he shines and he might end up the goat by the end of his career. I never really saw him as a political comic though

Joe Rogan 8/10 His stand up used to be hit or miss but hes improved a lot the last decade and his most recent one is damn good. His stand up is not where he shines though he is best at just talking to folks and seeing where things go

Bill Maher 5/10. I love bill but his standup has always been trash. He shines on his show and like rogan is at his best with someone to talk to. I want to give him a higher rating because i like the guy a lot but his stand up is just bad

I would love for Rogan to have bill Maher on since I think both are really funny and both are at their best with someone to talk to

Would also love if hbo shitcanned maher and he took his show to the youtube joe rogan style

Surely, you could've replaced Crowder with Oliver.

Steven Crowder...comedian?

Surely, you could've replaced Crowder with Oliver.

Steven Crowder...comedian?
I actually thought that was the only dimension where he was relevant.

Fallon is not a political comedian and has stated it many times. Lots of pressure was put on him do shill agai st Trump like the other douches and hes refused. He only does light hearted political humor in his opening stand up, and that's under duress.
Not a big fan of fake laugh Fallon but fuck NBC for wanting him to act like asshat Seth.

Burr's got it made and that would be his downfall. That and domestication from the lovely NIAAAAAA! He's slipping. His last special was underwhelming, not Rogan bad but still a bit underwhelming. Some of his monday morning podcast were funnier than his last special.

Amy Schumer—8/10. wanna get naked with and do unspeakable things to. Never seen her ‘comedy’ but don’t care to as we’d be too busy being freaky, naked and oily.

The rest—5/10. I don’t give a shit basically. I didn’t think Bill Burr was political but maybe I don’t know. The talk show hosts I’ve never seen nor care.

1. Norm
2. Burr
3. Rogan

The rest arent funny or entertaining, also Joes awesome with his podcast, Ive never been a fan of his comedy style though hes got some good material. I laughed hard at his youtube commenter bit where he mimics wafting farts into your nose. Laughing now thinking about it.

Amy Schumer - 6/10.
Sarah Silverman - 8/10 (I also think she's super hot)
Norm MacDonald - 8/10
Greg Gutfeld - Never heard of him
Bill Burr - 8/10
Joe Rogan - 8/10
Michelle Wolf - Never heard of her
Jimmy Kimmel - 8/10
Greg Gutfeld - Never heard of him
Jimmy Fallon - 7/10
Seth Meyers - 7/10
Bill Maher - 7/10
Sam Seder - Never heard of him
Steven Crowder - Never heard of him