How do you rate the following politically oriented comedians on a 1-10 scale?

I agree. He has every right to say what he wants. I just think it's in bad taste. It's like going over to a friends house for dinner and insulting their dog. It's just tacky.
That' not a great analogy because you don't pay for dinner at your friends house.
It would be more accurate to say he complained about the food at a restaurant...

Now that I've been through this whole thread - is it just me who thinks it's weird that Dave Chappelle isn't on here? Only @Jack V Savage even mentioned him.

steven crowder is a comedian? get the fuck out of here

Ah. I was wondering why people were so high on Burr, who seems like a decent but not extraordinary stand-up to me. Must be the podcast, which I've never heard.
The appeal of Burr is "I'm stupid." He cracks wise with no knowledge, and then claims "but hey I don't know anything."

It's a very rube-friendly and ignorant-friendly style, but the thing is, even to a smart audience, he's just a really funny guy and his technical skills are excellent. His material sometimes strays into originality (fresh takes), and serves as self-aware commentary on our sometimes-stupid nature. Just imo. Bad for the mind, good for the belly. Makes both smart people and stupid people feel smart.

His cartoon 'F is For Family' is his background and how his gears turn (I like the show a lot).

Now that I've been through this whole thread - is it just me who thinks it's weird that Dave Chappelle isn't on here? Only @Jack V Savage even mentioned him.
For me, Chappelle is still dipping his toes when it comes to political comedy. I'm waiting to see how he does, and I think he's taking it slow.

Frankie Boyle shits all over all these clowns

Last edited:
laughed my ass off @ "a missile destroyed by a wedding"
I honestly dont think theres many better than him.... I consider him a national treasure lol

Amy Schumer 1/10
Sarah Silverman 3/10
Norm MacDonald 9/10
Greg Gutfeld 1/10
Bill Burr 10/10
Joe Rogan 7/10
Michelle Wolf 4/10
Jimmy Kimmel 8/10
Greg Gutfeld 1/10
Jimmy Fallon 3/10
Seth Meyers 5/10
Bill Maher 9/10
Sam Seder 4/10
Steven Crowder 2/10
Trevor Noah 6/10
Kathy Griffin 4/10

Jeffries should be on the list. He's the current best, imo.
This 100%. I been a fan of Jim's since he was underground and I am happy he got his big break .He deserves all of it.

History wise my Bill Hicks and George Carlin are my two favorite comedians and both were pretty political at times

Frankie Boyle shits all over all these clowns

"There's never been a time when shepherd has beaten a helicopter"

Lmao. The message is spot on although there is a decent chance an rpg wielding, afghan shepherd has taken down a helicopter.

Jeffries should be on the list. He's the current best, imo.

It's pretty crazy to see how far he has come. I performed at a club in Atlanta that's super famous last week and heard a cool story about him being so blackout drunk he crawled through the audience.

Rogan and Theo Von talked about the club I was at. It's fucking amazing.

Colbert Report was the best political comedy out there. Miss that show.

Colbert Report was the best political comedy out there. Miss that show.
I just hate how bad he is at interviewing comedians like Jefferies and Burr, both were painfully awkward but the Report was amazing.

Crowder can suck a fucking dick though, the fact people call him a comedian makes my skin crawl, dude would be lucky to get a laugh at an open mic.

I just hate how bad he is at interviewing comedians like Jefferies and Burr, both were painfully awkward but the Report was amazing.

Crowder can suck a fucking dick though, the fact people call him a comedian makes my skin crawl, dude would be lucky to get a laugh at an open mic.
yea Colbert’s interviews were never that great unlike say a Craig Ferguson who is/was one of the best.

Fallon is not a political comedian and has stated it many times. Lots of pressure was put on him do shill agai st Trump like the other douches and hes refused. He only does light hearted political humor in his opening stand up, and that's under duress.

My immediate thoughts when I saw his name.

Amy Schumer - 0 - joke thief there is nothing original or funny about her. She is actually a better comedic actress than an actual comedian.
Sarah Silverman - 7 - past her comedic prime/ relevance, but she did have some originality and she's up on politics more than most
Norm MacDonald - 10 - One of the greats. No low hanging fruit for this guy.
Greg Gutfeld - who?
Bill Burr - 10 as a comedian. One of the greats of this generation.
Joe Rogan - 6 as a comedian, 10 as a host - just for the people he attracts to his show and his willingness to listen.
Michelle Wolf - 6.5 - not the funniest, but putting in the work. Her Flint, MI comment at WHCD was mic dropping awesomeness.
Jimmy Kimmel - 5 - pretentious phony. Matt Damon is literally the funniest part of his act for the last 10+ years.
Greg Gutfeld - who?
Jimmy Fallon - 4 as a comedian, but thats not his gift. 10 as a host/ creative person.
Seth Meyers - 0 - Maybe he writes funny? Never understood how his career came to be.
Bill Maher - 7 as a comedian. 10 as a political comedian. One of the best political comedians since Carlin.
Sam Seder - 0 - pretentious douche - a wannabe Keith Oberman - think about that for a second.
Steven Crowder - -5 - This guy is considered a comedian? Yeeesh...
Trevor Noah - 0 - Absolute hack. Not remotely funny
Kathy Griffin - 0 - She is garbage and has never been funny

I'll add Jimmy Dore - not the funniest comedian, but one of the best comedian/political commentators going. He's up there with Maher, imo, albeit, not nearly as polished.

yea Colbert’s interviews were never that great unlike say a Craig Ferguson who is/was one of the best.

Craig was good, he was on a podcast with Bert Kreisher and he talked about how no one gave a fuck about the show and he could do what he wants.

Conan is the best by far besides Letterman. But Conan is better with this generation of comics.

I won't do the list because as a comic it makes me feel uncomfortable (I don't insult other comics really.) but I have way too many opinions about each one.

Bill Burr is incredible, best on the list. He's that "ah fuck this" in the back of all of our heads. People tend to pick and choose what he says though. He's a positive liberal counter to the SJW movement (I feel like liberals like he and I are the true enemy of SJWs, just like how rational conservatives are the natural enemy of the alt right and we all need to be better at calling out ridiculous ideology perpetuated by our own side)

He like Rogan does attract a loser element, when Burr essentially said "fuck Trump" fans of the MMPC blamed his black wife instead of listening to his thoughts.

Schumer, pretty against. Back in the day she was amazing, she was the queen of misdirection rape punchlines. Now she literally asked a dude headlining his first show if she could do time in the middle of his set. Fucking detached from reality behavior.

Sarah Silverman is an incredible comic, I challenge her haters here to go see her at a club and not did laughing.

Trevor Noah, respect for the dude. He made the come up as a South African comic and he's trying hard to fill big shoes and I think he's doing okay.

His debate with that Tami chick showcased true comic wit, it was unfair in a way. He was three steps ahead of her and setting her up to be a punchline many times. That's a comic trait.

Back