How do you stop an Ngannou?

If Stipe goes in there and doesn't have the stupid head movement Overeem did, it will be an interesting fight.

And if it turns into a long fight, Ngannou is fucked.

I would laugh if Ngannou came out and shot in for a takedown on Stipe within the first minute.

It would mostly likely take some nba/nfl b level journeyman who can no longer cut it in pros n still needs money, so they’ll try mma

ngannou ist fast big has power... maybe he can gas after a couple of rounds. we dont saw him much against elite fighters.

Stipe has a chance, he is a decent amateur level boxer. The problem is, the strengths I listed aren't Stipe's strengths. His chin and head movement aren't great. He has good footwork, counters, handspeed, and power.

RIP Stipe.

latest

Cardio
Heavy movement
Tight striking

Just to name a few..
Easier said than done but I believe Miocic is the man to do it.

Maybe if a good grappler can get him to the ground. Or if a good striker can outstrike him.

He ridiculously unproven, you guys need to chill lmao

If you are asking how I would do it; I would just visualize how I am going to win
giphy.gif

Don't make the rookie mistake of smacking the "invincible" label on a fighter on an impressive run.

People said the same thing about Rumble but we all witnessed DC dismantle the guy. In fact we've witnessed numerous hyped up power punchers get dismantled by better opposition.

I like Ngannou but don't make assumptions yet.

I don't think DC and Jones are capable.

I understand why you would say that, but to be fair DC has experience fighting highly ranked HWs much bigger than himself and has never looked fazed. Not to mention out classing the most recent KO hype train in Rumble Johnson. Do we think Ngannou hits any harder than Rumble? Maybe so, but DC clearly has the tools and experience to negate that style.

Whilst I love JBJ he is an unknown quantity at this level, having never fought at HW or ever faced opposition with power the likes of Ngannou.

Try to take him down and use subs and ground and pound. Keep distance and don't get into any wild exchanges with him because Ngannou is the kinda guy that just needs to clip you to drop you.

Back