How do you think the pyramids were built?

Surprised it took this long for the anti Semitic bigotry to rear its head in this thread.
Wait. Are you serious? Just so happens A) it was a joke and B) I myself am Jewish.

Are you really that sensitive?

I'm not saying it was aliens...

...but it was aliens

A big issue is that when the Nile valley flooded each year you'd have had months were most of the population were unable to work, hence ancient Egypt had massive potential labour.
extremely stable surplus/redistribution economy too. Easily the most stable state in human existence.

It clearly wasnt done by hebrew slaves, as the number of skilled slaves necessary to complete them would have to be smart enough to know they vastly outnumber their masters and the tools used for crafting would be perfectly usable as weapons to overthrow their captors.

Tl:dr- The bible story is bullshit with 0 historical veracity.

I think that it was simply the result of brilliant engineers passing down teachings to the next generations and techniques being refined in what might be best described as ancient assembly line.

It clearly wasnt done by hebrew slaves, as the number of skilled slaves necessary to complete them would have to be smart enough to know they vastly outnumber their masters and the tools used for crafting would be perfectly usable as weapons to overthrow their captors.

Tl:dr- The bible story is bullshit with 0 historical veracity.

I swear I see at least 1 anti Christian statement in every single thread around here lately, even when like right now, it has NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread.

There is no account in the bible about who built the pyramids. And there is only one person on the entire internet who thinks there is, a guy named Ben Carson. Have you ever even read the bible yourself? Are you basing your whole bullshit statement bashing the bible on ONE lone guy and his theory?

Can't even fathom how ancient people could have accomplished that.

I swear I see at least 1 anti Christian statement in every single thread around here lately, even when like right now, it has NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread.

There is no account in the bible about who built the pyramids. And there is only one person on the entire internet who thinks there is, a guy named Ben Carson. Have you ever even read the bible yourself? Are you basing your whole bullshit statement bashing the bible on ONE lone guy and his theory?

Carsonius 17:6 And lo, the Egyptians placed the grain in the pyramids to be ready for the 7 harsh years, as predicted by Moses.

th

I honestly think it's just ignorance that leads to people wondering about the building of the pyramids. I don't mean that to be insulting. Just lack of experience.

Humans are ingenious, have been for hundreds of thousands of years. Of course an empire could build some buildings out of stone really precisely. We don't often get all old-school with hand tools in interesting construction projects so we don't tend to think in those terms but even a top 1%er can think their way through most if those problems. Egypt had a body of knowledge on the matter, lifetimes of work on it and the best minds of millions with a state entirely behind them and incredibly cheap labour.

Carsonius 17:6 And lo, the Egyptians placed the grain in the pyramids to be ready for the 7 harsh years, as predicted by Moses.

That just says they were using it for grain storage, not that they built it.

There are things our ancestors did we can't recreate.

It's extraordinarily difficult to make a functioning catapult with any reasonable degree of accuracy.

I'm sure we can if we tried.

MA_00891599_o3zx9k.jpg

Just look at that precision. They are aligned almost perfectly. Was this work really done by some 'slaves' who were unwilling and forced to do hard labor? Or, is it possible we are missing a time period from human history, perhaps an unknown civilization that has not been discovered yet (not Aliens, but rather a relative close to homo-sapiens).

Each stone you see here weighs between 2.5 -15 tonnes (5500 - 33000 lbs)! Isn't that crazy? How were humans back then able to lift and move such heavy structures?

An interesting fact is that the pyramids were aligned to 'true' north very precisely, with an accuracy that is within one-tenth of a degree. How was that accomplished in the age of sticks and stones?

Also, as you can see here, the structures actually contain 8 sides, which is only really noticed when looking from above:

Great-Pyramid-Eight-Sides.jpg

Is it possible that they were built much longer ago than we think and that the Egyptians just stumbled upon it all already built and took credit for it maybe?

MA_00891599_o3zx9k.jpg

Just look at that precision. They are aligned almost perfectly. Was this work really done by some 'slaves' who were unwilling and forced to do hard labor? Or, is it possible we are missing a time period from human history, perhaps an unknown civilization that has not been discovered yet (not Aliens, but rather a relative close to homo-sapiens).

Each stone you see here weighs between 2.5 -15 tonnes (5500 - 33000 lbs)! Isn't that crazy? How were humans back then able to lift and move such heavy structures?

An interesting fact is that the pyramids were aligned to 'true' north very precisely, with an accuracy that is within one-tenth of a degree. How was that accomplished in the age of sticks and stones?

Also, as you can see here, the structures actually contain 8 sides, which is only really noticed when looking from above:

Great-Pyramid-Eight-Sides.jpg

Hebrew7acrossGIF.gif

I honestly think it's just ignorance that leads to people wondering about the building of the pyramids. I don't mean that to be insulting. Just lack of experience.

Humans are ingenious, have been for hundreds of thousands of years. Of course an empire could build some buildings out of stone really precisely. We don't often get all old-school with hand tools in interesting construction projects so we don't tend to think in those terms but even a top 1%er can think their way through most if those problems. Egypt had a body of knowledge on the matter, lifetimes of work on it and the best minds of millions with a state entirely behind them and incredibly cheap labour.
Two things off the top...both commentary on your uninformed speculation (noteant as an insult).

1.) We have no idea about the "body of knowledge" regarding building the now moments of Giza...they left literally no mention of such things outside restoration vagueries around the time of Khufu), certainly nothing to speak of on construction methods.

2.) We have no idea whether labor was cheap, sounds like you are appealing to some form of slave involvement, which is almost universally agreed to not have been involved.

You would think that a megalomaniac pharoah who thought building a structure as grand as the Great Pyramid would have left his name all over it. It also stands to reason that a people's single greatest achievement would have been recorded...yet for the most part the Great Pyramid is not mentioned until the New Kingdom.

Two things off the top...both commentary on your uninformed speculation (noteant as an insult).

1.) We have no idea about the "body of knowledge" regarding building the now moments of Giza...they left literally no mention of such things outside restoration vagueries, certainly nothing to speak of on construction methods.

2.) We have no idea whether labor was cheap, sounds like you are appealing to some form of slave involvement, which is almost universally agreed to not have been involved.

You would think that a megalomaniac pharoah who thought building a structure as grand as the Great Pyramid would have left his name all over it. It also stands to reason that a people's single greatest achievement would have been recorded...yet for the most part the Great Pyramid is not mentioned until the New Kingdom.

<{jackyeah}>

Back