How do you think the pyramids were built?

I hope this helps...........

tenor.gif

Two things off the top...both commentary on your uninformed speculation (noteant as an insult).

1.) We have no idea about the "body of knowledge" regarding building the now moments of Giza...they left literally no mention of such things outside restoration vagueries around the time of Khufu), certainly nothing to speak of on construction methods.

2.) We have no idea whether labor was cheap, sounds like you are appealing to some form of slave involvement, which is almost universally agreed to not have been involved.

You would think that a megalomaniac pharoah who thought building a structure as grand as the Great Pyramid would have left his name all over it. It also stands to reason that a people's single greatest achievement would have been recorded...yet for the most part the Great Pyramid is not mentioned until the New Kingdom.

Of course labour was cheap, it is in every available example of undeveloped countries past and present and I don't really care if a pharaoh built it or someone before their history, I don't find that question compelling.

I'm a fan of the idea of modern human history being much longer than our current understanding. I just think people are willfully ignorant when they suggest past people's couldn't have built such structures with ropes, pullys, sticks, stones and elbow grease. People are smart, saying something can't have happened because you can't imagine it shows a lack of imagination, it's not an argument.

I think that we greatly underestimate the people of the past. Also, aliens.

Of course labour was cheap, it is in every available example of undeveloped countries past and present and I don't really care if a pharaoh built it or someone before their history, I don't find that question compelling.

I'm a fan of the idea of modern human history being much longer than our current understanding. I just think people are willfully ignorant when they suggest past people's couldn't have built such structures with ropes, pullys, sticks, stones and elbow grease. People are smart, saying something can't have happened because you can't imagine it shows a lack of imagination, it's not an argument.
On the second point I completely agree, there is definitely a lack of imagination (and probably general understanding) regarding human ingenuity and capability. The fact that so many people skip the reasonable middle ground and go with "they were primitive" on one side and "it was aliens" on the other side has always been bizarre to me.

It was 100% human beings and we clearly just haven't found the toolset or systems they used to accomplish the amazing feats we see today.

I honestly think it's just ignorance that leads to people wondering about the building of the pyramids. I don't mean that to be insulting. Just lack of experience.

I gotta disagree with you here.

I agree it may be ignorance if one concludes that the pyramids were built by 'aliens'. However, to say that it is ignorance if one wonders about how the pyramids were built is just being short sighted. There are numerous theories for a reason pertaining to this subject because it is in fact, unknown - all we can do is look at the past evidences and conclude the most reasonable outcome. Even that still doesn't make it truth.

I just think people are willfully ignorant when they suggest past people's couldn't have built such structures with ropes, pullys, sticks, stones and elbow grease. People are smart, saying something can't have happened because you can't imagine it shows a lack of imagination, it's not an argument.

Perhaps, but I could argue that there is also a lack of imagination if you settle for the 'people built it using ropes, pulley's sticks and stones' argument. There could have been another way it was built, another mechanization technique could have been used that is as of now, unfamiliar to modern day humans. There could be a time period that is missing from human history that we haven't and perhaps will never discover.

Would purely sticks and stones with pulleys and ropes be the most efficient way to accomplish such a task?

MA_00891599_o3zx9k.jpg

Just look at that precision. They are aligned almost perfectly. Was this work really done by some 'slaves' who were unwilling and forced to do hard labor? Or, is it possible we are missing a time period from human history, perhaps an unknown civilization that has not been discovered yet (not Aliens, but rather a relative close to homo-sapiens).

Each stone you see here weighs between 2.5 -15 tonnes (5500 - 33000 lbs)! Isn't that crazy? How were humans back then able to lift and move such heavy structures?

An interesting fact is that the pyramids were aligned to 'true' north very precisely, with an accuracy that is within one-tenth of a degree. How was that accomplished in the age of sticks and stones?

Also, as you can see here, the structures actually contain 8 sides, which is only really noticed when looking from above:

Great-Pyramid-Eight-Sides.jpg
Ancient republicans. With very few regulations, and trickle down economics, they were able to get A LOT done, and created work for the lower class.

Perhaps, but I could argue that there is also a lack of imagination if you settle for the 'people built it using ropes, pulley's sticks and stones' argument. There could have been another way it was built, another mechanization technique could have been used that is as of now, unfamiliar to modern day humans. There could be a time period that is missing from human history that we haven't and perhaps will never discover.

Would purely sticks and stones with pulleys and ropes be the most efficient way to accomplish such a task?

Perhaps the stones were molded in place? Not sure where the stones came from.

Perhaps the stones were molded in place? Not sure where the stones came from.
Just in case you wish to take the idea further...though I believe the prescence of undisturbed ancient sea fossils found in some of the broken limestone blocks that the pyramid consists of probably discredits Davidovits here but still a good idea to consider general.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Davidovits

Joseph Davidovits (born 23 March 1935) is a French materials scientist known for the invention of geopolymer chemistry. He posited that the blocks of the Great Pyramidare not carved stone but mostly a form of limestone concrete or man-made stone. He holds the Ordre National du Mérite, is the author and co-author of hundreds of scientific papers and conferences reports, and holds more than fifty patents.

Just in case you wish to take the idea further...though I believe the prescence of undisturbed ancient sea fossils found in some of the broken limestone blocks that the pyramid consists of probably discredits Davidovits here but still a good idea to consider general.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Davidovits

Joseph Davidovits (born 23 March 1935) is a French materials scientist known for the invention of geopolymer chemistry. He posited that the blocks of the Great Pyramidare not carved stone but mostly a form of limestone concrete or man-made stone. He holds the Ordre National du Mérite, is the author and co-author of hundreds of scientific papers and conferences reports, and holds more than fifty patents.

Crazy. I thought I was retarded.

Maybe they obtained minerals for the concrete that had those fossils present?

Also i never questioned the ability of man power when lifting and placing blocks.

How the blocks were obtained, moved, and cut, seems to be the real mystery, correct me if I'm wrong.

MA_00891599_o3zx9k.jpg

Just look at that precision. They are aligned almost perfectly. Was this work really done by some 'slaves' who were unwilling and forced to do hard labor? Or, is it possible we are missing a time period from human history, perhaps an unknown civilization that has not been discovered yet (not Aliens, but rather a relative close to homo-sapiens).

Each stone you see here weighs between 2.5 -15 tonnes (5500 - 33000 lbs)! Isn't that crazy? How were humans back then able to lift and move such heavy structures?

An interesting fact is that the pyramids were aligned to 'true' north very precisely, with an accuracy that is within one-tenth of a degree. How was that accomplished in the age of sticks and stones?

Also, as you can see here, the structures actually contain 8 sides, which is only really noticed when looking from above:

Great-Pyramid-Eight-Sides.jpg

You do realize that across that region there are various unfinished and smaller pyramids that show a clear progression in basic building techniques? There are clearly areas where they used to cut and process the larger boulders. They used ingenious techniques for moving and setting the stones in proper placement.

If you think any of this requires some aliens or ancient super people, then you're just not living in reality.

The building is huge. There’s no logical reason why an ancient civilisation would create such a perfect large structure, facing true north and embedded with all kinds of sacred geometry (including the diameter of the earth) whilst in Australia aborigines never made it to inventing the wheel, let alone any large structures.

To say it’s a simple stone tool and stick job is absurd I.e “there’s a vid of one man lifting large stones by himself”. A bunch of large stones is a far cry from what the pyramid actually is. How did they even light the chambers and passageways? No evidence of smoke (so flaming torches are out). Did the workers “slave” away in the darkness?

The pyramid is evidence of advanced tech, perhaps that of a pre 10,000 bc civilisation.

Also i never questioned the ability of man power when lifting and placing blocks.

How the blocks were obtained, moved, and cut, seems to be the real mystery, correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly. Some keep saying "slaves slaves slaves,hundreds of thousands slaves and time" ...
as if that correlates in any way to a hightened degree of their success or ability. It doesnt. And just because we might be able to move a big stone block today a bit with rope and pullies that has no correlation to enourmous blocks being lifted high in the air with such razor sharp precision workmanship, a mouse hair at the bottom and you get a fist sized hole at the top.
Some technology was definitely lost,this is not a result of pure raw hard work and a bit of precise cutting of stone.

The building is huge. There’s no logical reason why an ancient civilisation would create such a perfect large structure, facing true north and embedded with all kinds of sacred geometry (including the diameter of the earth) whilst in Australia aborigines never made it to inventing the wheel, let alone any large structures.

To say it’s a simple stone tool and stick job is absurd I.e “there’s a vid of one man lifting large stones by himself”. A bunch of large stones is a far cry from what the pyramid actually is. How did they even light the chambers and passageways? No evidence of smoke (so flaming torches are out). Did the workers “slave” away in the darkness?

The pyramid is evidence of advanced tech, perhaps that of a pre 10,000 bc civilisation.

Do you know who basically invented math? Back then, that was everything. Geometry, trigonometry, quadratic equations. That and its relationship with the position of the stars was a huge deal to them. It's incredibly simple using basic math and surveying techniques for them to have orientated pyramids in a manner that was meaningful for them.

The evidence shows they likely used oil lamps to illuminates passageways in pyramids not torches. Do you have any idea how hard is to even blacken the ceilings of dusty rocks like that?

Come back to reality when you want to be an adult.

I gotta disagree with you here.

I agree it may be ignorance if one concludes that the pyramids were built by 'aliens'. However, to say that it is ignorance if one wonders about how the pyramids were built is just being short sighted. There are numerous theories for a reason pertaining to this subject because it is in fact, unknown - all we can do is look at the past evidences and conclude the most reasonable outcome. Even that still doesn't make it truth.

I think what he means is when people say it's "unfathomable" that they could have built it.

Back