How do you think the pyramids were built?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by AminoAcid, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Benjamin Burton

Benjamin Burton Brown Belt

Just in case no one posted this it's the best theory I've heard. Very interesting.

2. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Silver Belt

I enjoin you to read the articles, then.

3. andnowweknow

andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

read them.

Do you know why they are saying what they are saying or are you just assuming they are correct? It would take a while to deconstruct the nonsense premises in those articles assertions (which are all the same content printed at different outlets).

More specifically, do you know why they think that the Great Pyramid was Khufu's tomb?

Last, Zahi Hawass is the source of that information. The guy is one of the most exceptional hacks in archeological history.

4. Eazy123

Eazy123 Black Belt

Dammit beat me to it lol

5. hillelslovak87

Two from 2013, which detail different portions of their discoveries (it was not just Hawass turning a spade) and one from 2017. Not the same information in each link.

Again, read the information BEFORE you attempt to disprove, absent any information of your own.

6. Merlotte's

Merlotte's Silver Belt

7. andnowweknow

Since you ignored my questions about the Khufu issue, I'll just come out and say it. The entire premise of the article is that the pyramid is a tomb for the pharaoh Khufu. There is little to no legitimate evidence that this is the case. We know there was a "project" regarding the sphinx and the pyramids during the time of Khufu, but that's a huge leap to saying that is when the pyramids were built.

Yes, there are workers graves in that area from the supposed time of construction (the length of time to complete is nonsense, separate issue). There is literally no indication that those workers built the great pyramid, they were just working class in that area at that time.

The articles are wrong.

AminoAcid and Snubnoze707 like this.
  8. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

South park covered this

9. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Some of those blocks are upwards of 100 tons. I work at a rock quarry, the notion cutting out a block that size perfectly by hand and transporting it on sleds then precisely placing it in the pyramid seems entirely impossible.

AminoAcid likes this.
  10. hillelslovak87

I'll take the word of the people who actually do the work, rather than your vague assertions, absent any information whatsoever.

The Todd likes this.
  11. AminoAcid

AminoAcid Brown Belt

<escalate99>

Bubzeh likes this.
  12. Dan O

Dan O Purple Belt

That was a neat watch. Thanks for sharing

Bubzeh likes this.
  13. jgarner

jgarner Red Belt

Oh please do tell me your thoughts on the pyramids. Don't hold back with bullshit "I'm not sure" comments. Stand your ground and make a fucking position like a man.

14. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

You're fired

Bubzeh, JSN and HHJ like this.
  15. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

16. andnowweknow

By all means, take the word of a criminal, liar and hack, enjoy the Zahi Hawass experience. The guy doesn't even know what Gobekli Tepe is.

If you actually knew what they were basing their points on, you wouldn't be appealing to their oft challenged authority on the matter. But you don't, so ok.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  17. hillelslovak87

fails to note 2017 findings, still won't provide any alternate information. Cool

18. andnowweknow

this basically kills the entire 20 year narrative. It's been around for almost 20 years...this is hardly the only refutation of the nonsense you're appealing to.

In preparation for his book 5/5/2000 Ice: The Ultimate Disaster, Richard Noone asked Merle Booker, technical director of the Indiana Limestone Institute of America, to prepare a time study of what it would take to quarry, fabricate, and ship enough limestone to duplicate the Great Pyramid.

“Using the most modern quarrying equipment available for cutting, lifting, and transporting the stone, Booker estimated that the present-day Indiana limestone industry would need to triple its output, and it would take the entire industry, which as I have said includes thirty-three quarries, twenty-seven years to fill the order for 131,467,940 cubic feet of stone.5 [sic] These estimates were based on the assumption that production would proceed without problems. Then we would be faced with the task of putting the limestone blocks in place.”

19. Agent Mulder's Hair

Agent Mulder's Hair Banned Banned

That was interesting

20. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

There are people that still quarry from the same area and use a lot of the old techniques. They use this pick and hammer type tool and it only takes a few swings and it ends up cutting almost perfectly. It's pretty impressive.

As far as transporting, no one knows for sure. Thousands of people were working on the pyramids though and one theory which has been duplicated is watering the sand as the stones are dragged on a sled by hundreds of people. Another interesting theory is that canals were dug, flooded with water and simply with gravity, floated down to the building site.

I feel we have a lot of lost technology and knowledge from ancient times. Just because it's 2018 doesn't mean we are smarter and more capable. In certain areas we definitely are but when you have the human form of a God telling you to build something, I'm sure you find a way to get it done. These were not stupid people. They had the best engineers, artists and philosophers the world knew and those talents were highly regarded and sought after.

AminoAcid likes this.