How does Bellator afford to offer insane amounts to Chuck/Mirko?

I didn't even know Betator had an event this past Friday. So, the people who are hoping for the UFC to die, can go to hell. Because, I love UFC MMA, and if the UFC dies, I think MMA will die with it. LOL
That's not true.
But it's all MMA just enjoy the sport more than an company.

Fedor is probably not coming cheap either.

as sad as it is to say...I bet way fewer people are tuning in to Bellator for quality guys like Rory and Gegard compared to Kimbo-Dada, Royce-Ken, Chael-Tito, etc.

True statementioned

I didn't even know Betator had an event this past Friday. So, the people who are hoping for the UFC to die, can go to hell. Because, I love UFC MMA, and if the UFC dies, I think MMA will die with it. LOL
i, like, your, style.

It doesn’t make sense to me.

And you’d think at a time like this where UFC is screwing with fighter money that Bellator would take advantage but instead they go fill the roster with 40-50 year old fighters.

The only thing that makes sense to me is they have to be overspending right now, hoping to benefit in the long run. With those kind of expenditures, against their event numbers, there's no way their balance sheet is in the black.

well tey just fired 13 guys thats should give you a hint. and their roster is pretty small to begin with

And you’d think at a time like this where UFC is screwing with fighter money that Bellator would take advantage but instead they go fill the roster with 40-50 year old fighters.

easy there owned buy a 40 billion dollar cable company.

Viacom gives scott coker blank checks to sign any one he wants.

Bellator pays a lot of their prelim fighters $500/$500 and even makes those prelim guys physically sell tickets to the shows lol

When they're barely paying the majority of their roster, they can afford all of the formerly retired guys and the ex-UFC guys.

That Dave & Busters money.

Bellator is a company formed and backed by a big tv network to counter UFC programming and also to fill in a time slot. Think Microsoft deciding to get into the console business. Even when they were losing profit they didn't care. They wanted to capture a part of the market. It's an after thought program of an already successful company.

But I'd be interested to see their profit margins. I would say the margins are very thin. Probably just enough to stay afloat and stay within positive numbers.

The UFC has big loans to pay off and has to make as much as possible. There's no loans with Bellator.

Last edited:
They're probably doing what TNA did in getting Spike to chip in on bigger-name guys.

There about to do Rampage vs Wand 4 also

easy there owned buy a 40 billion dollar cable company.

Viacom gives scott coker blank checks to sign any one he wants.

Not likely, Viacom could really give two fucks about Bellator, it's only filler programming to them. If Bellator doesn't start pulling in numbers don't be surprisewd to have them pulled back. Coker is only driving bellator into selling, just as he has done in the past. They lost money on their PPV and the events are not drawing big numbers.

Is normal. Bellator is paying twice what the ufc is willing to pay and it's still peanuts.

Ts what are the insane amounts? With sources bud

Not likely, Viacom could really give two fucks about Bellator, it's only filler programming to them. If Bellator doesn't start pulling in numbers don't be surprisewd to have them pulled back. Coker is only driving bellator into selling, just as he has done in the past. They lost money on their PPV and the events are not drawing big numbers.

so now scott coker paying fighters not Viacom that news to me.

They save money by only booking relevant guys like Rory once a year and by paying their undercard fighters $250.

Back