How does it feel to have ur nose broken?

I've not had it happen myself, but I've known folks who have and seen it happen. I recall it involves an audible "crunch" followed by copious bleeding and yelling "OWWW! OW! FUCK! MY FUCKIN' NOSE!! FUCK!! OWWW!!"

I've had it a couple times. It doesn't hurt that much, but it bleeds like hell. Honestly if you get hit hard enough to break your nose, you feel the punch impact more than the nose specifically.

The straight right is what usually does it. Each time I can remember thinking the same thing -- amazement that I got hit that hard. Didn't really hurt that much, just kind of shocking.

xxcrocopxx5 said:
can someone describe ?

It depends on what gets broken. If it's the septum, it's not that bad. You'll bleed pretty bad initially, but the bleeding should subside pretty fast. Your nose will swell and be tender for a few days. Your nose might keep clicking (like mine) if you don't take sufficient time off. You also might have a harder time breathing out of one nostril if the septum becomes misaligned.

If the break is higher, where the bone and cartilege meet, it may take longer to heel and it hurts and bleeds worse than the septum break.

The worst, and I have had this one too, is where the cartiledge breaks and the bone part fractures also. This one hurts like a mother fucker. The irony is that first two happened to me while fighting, while the last one happened during a soccer game(I took a knee to the face). Basically the higher the break, at least for me, the worse it hurt and bleed.

Oh yeah this is off topic. The broken nose thingy is another reason why I am a LeBanner nuthugger.:D

whats a good way to tell if your nose is broken? i just had a hard sparring session today and i got hit pretty good in the nose at least twice. it was bleeding for quite a while, but my nose doesnt look misaligned. any suggestions? and how much time should i take off? can you PM it to me? would really appreciate it. thanks

Gregster said:
I've not had it happen myself, but I've known folks who have and seen it happen. I recall it involves an audible "crunch" followed by copious bleeding and yelling "OWWW! OW! FUCK! MY FUCKIN' NOSE!! FUCK!! OWWW!!"

Just picturing that makes me also think about how surprising and painful that would be. I actually wouldn't mind the pain so much. But mass amounts of blood don't sit well with me.

It's threads like these that kind of make you second think full contat sparring.... kind of.

hahaha funny thread.
first time it happened i ran like a little gurl. lol. lots of blood everywhere, it wasn't like i was scared just like omg all this blood is going everywhere...the next day and week my face was so swollen. lol. btw i lost that fight in 8th grade.
i had it happen a time or two after, no big deal, swells and bleeds but you can fight through it.

peregrine said:
hahaha funny thread.
first time it happened i ran like a little gurl. lol. lots of blood everywhere, it wasn't like i was scared just like omg all this blood is going everywhere...the next day and week my face was so swollen. lol. btw i lost that fight in 8th grade.
i had it happen a time or two after, no big deal, swells and bleeds but you can fight through it.

I just don't like blood.. I hope I can get over that fear though. because I'm going to start fighting some full contact and I'm planning on being an officer in th emilitary.

ROK said:
I just don't like blood.. I hope I can get over that fear though. because I'm going to start fighting some full contact and I'm planning on being an officer in th emilitary.

what does being an officer in the military have to do with breaking your nose?

but anyways ya i always wondered how it would feel like too, not to like injure myself on purpose, but just wanted to experience it so i know whats its like, the same thing goes with like being choked and knocked out

Marc936 said:
what does being an officer in the military have to do with breaking your nose?

but anyways ya i always wondered how it would feel like too, not to like injure myself on purpose, but just wanted to experience it so i know whats its like, the same thing goes with like being choked and knocked out

Because if you're an officer in the military you never know when you're going to have to see large amounts of blood. Gotta be prepared to face some gruesome sights.

ROK said:
Because if you're an officer in the military you never know when you're going to have to see large amounts of blood. Gotta be prepared to face some gruesome sights.

if your in any part of the combat field of the military you have a chance of seeing some bad things, not just officers

Zankou said:
The straight right is what usually does it. Each time I can remember thinking the same thing -- amazement that I got hit that hard. Didn't really hurt that much, just kind of shocking.

Noob diagress here.. What is a straight? I know jab, uppercut, cross and hook, but straight?

It hurts to pick your nose and to scrunch your face...

Officers, like enlisted men, are self-reliant and are able to use Google to find the answers to such trivial questions.

I felt it in the back of my throat allmost like a severly exagerated nasal drip unless I leaned foward then it felt like a nasal drip but not painfull untill the next day then woah!! lol

As noted above, a broken septum can be bad and hurt, but a really badly broken nasal bone or maxiallary fracture around the nose is worse. I've done it 3 times, twice not bad, once bad enough to ned surgery, and I see lots of assaults in the ER all the time. (I'm an Xray and CT guy)

How willl you know?

You will hear a crunch or a crack.

You will bleed like hell, too much to swallow, too much to soak up.

It will really hurt, usually.

Your nose will swell up, and if it's bad, the rest of your face or at least around the nose will swell up, too.

You might get black eyes or a bruised streak on one or both sides of the nose.

You won't be able to breathe out of it.

It will be crooked or bent when the sweling goes down.

You're eyes will water and close involuntarily.

You don't always get all of the above,but 3 or more, basically, means you broke it.

The first times a bitch, it really hurts. The more times after that, you just feel the blow, no special sensation through the nose. This may just be me.

I really ought to get better a moving my head, i'm not getting any prettier.

I never broke my nose from a punch but i tried to drop in on a 9 foot vertramp and shoe lace got stuck in the space between the bearings and the truck and i hit my face nine feet on to wood broke my nose hurt so fucking bad

xxcrocopxx5 said:
can someone describe ?
lol painnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. painnnnn. more pain. followed by blood filling up your nose to where you have to breathe through your mouht. if you get it broken, you will know lol...trust me.

go IMEDIATELY to get it checked.i got mine broken in a fight,waited, THEN took an elbow in basketball RIGHT to the nose, and waited about 4 or 5 days, and then they had to rebreak it....it hurt more than when it got broke the first time.

DURING my fight, i honestly didnt really feel the pain, but considering, kinda explains it. AFTERward wiht the elbow duiring basketball, jesus h christ. it hurt, i ran headfirst into someone elbows up pivoting into me lol. i dropped, and just cursed for a bout 20 seconds.

Back